11th July 2015, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th

How can i become an IAS officer after completing 12th

13th July 2015, 12:46 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th

After completion of 12th standard, you should complete graduation degree first then you are eligible for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
31st August 2017, 11:24 PM
sanju0770

Hello friend,

First of all let me inform you that becoming an IAS officer requires at least a graduate degree and hence you are not eligible for IAS exam as of now, but it is nice to see that you are preparing and thinking about the exam well in advance.

If you really want to complete your IAS then you have to first of all complete your graduation. You can apply for the IAS exam once you are in final year of your graduation.

IAS eligibility criteria is as follows -

First of all you have to become a graduate.
Your age must be at least 21 years,
your age must not cross 32 years,
You will get reservation if you are from OBC non creamy layer category or from SC or St category
Your nationality must be Indian.

Exam is conducted every year by UPSC exam pattern
Consists of three phase which are as follows.
First of all you have to appear for preliminary examination and once you clear the exam you have to sit for the mains exam, after clearing the mains exam you will have to go for an interview and medical examination.

Please note that subject is no bar in IAS and you can do the same in any subject.

Hope it will help.
25th November 2017, 08:57 PM
nishanth60

#The minimum educational qualification required to apply for IAS examination is Graduation in any discipline from recognised institution/university.
#IAS examination is conducted by UPSC every year to recruit the candidates for Administrative Services.
#So,first you have to complete your graduation to apply for IAS examination.
#Age limit to apply for IAS examination is 21-32 years and the age relaxations are 3 years for OBC candidates,5 years for SC/ST candidates.
#The maximum number of attempts allowed for General category candidates is 4 & for OBC candidates 7 & for SC/ST candidates there is no such restriction.
#The selection process of IAS examination is preliminary examination,mains and personal interview.
#For further details please visit www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?