5th August 2011, 12:27 AM
luvey12

How to become IAS officer being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in Computer Science?

Hello sir,

I am doing B.tech in computer science....but i want to become an ias officer.how can i do so.please guide me sir...............

Related Questions:
  1. How to appear for GATE exam after pursuing B.Tech computer science engineering
  2. Can a computer science engineering student give IAS exam and IES?
  3. What steps should I follow to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in EEE?
  4. How should I become a IPS Officer being a candidate pursuing Engineering in Computer Science?
  5. List of Coaching centers for GATE Exam in Delhi being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in Computer Science?
  6. What are the chances of becoming an IAS Officer after completion of B.Sc Computer Science course? -- [New]
  7. How can I become an IAS officer? I am pursuing Physiotherapy
  8. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in CSE pursuing 2nd year?
  9. How to become an IAS Officer being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year ECE?
  10. Which Books shall I refer to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing 1st year of BA course?
  11. Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in CSE? What kind of work a IES Officer should do?
  12. Procedure to become IAS officer after BCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. What is the syllabus of IAS exam after B.Tech computer science? What is the procedure for minor?
  14. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Engineering in IT stream?
  15. What to do to become an IAS officer being a candidate of pursuing 1st year B.Tech? Competitive books to prepare for IAS Exam?
  16. What shall I do to become IAS Officer being a candidate of pursuing 1st year B.Com?
  17. Procedure to become CBI Officer being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering?
  18. How to become an IAS officer while pursuing B.E? What kind of preparation is required?
8th August 2011, 07:36 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to become IAS officer being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in Computer Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvey12 View Post
Hello sir,

I am doing B.tech in computer science....but i want to become an ias officer.how can i do so.please guide me sir...............
Yeah you are eligible for IAS Entrance examination . First as a IAS job aspirant you should be clear with one thing that is There is no Entrance examination called IAS Entrance examination.

IAS is a service job which is been recruited through a Examination called CSE(Civil Service Examination) which is conducted by UPSC(Union Public service commission).

This examination is conducted every year but the process of the examination will be carried out 2 years long because of its three stage pattern i.e.,
->Prelims(CSAT)
->Mains
->Interview stage

Now as a aspirant you have to follow the following procedure in order to get job in your desired service.

after attaining your degree and also after completing 21 years of your age. as this is the eligibility criteria to appear for the examination.

you have to wait for the notification which will be released by UPSC in the end of year or starting of year.

following you have to apply for it
you have to take first stage examination which will be in multiple choice format you have to clear that

after getting gate pass(hall ticket) you will be allowed to clear next level that is Mains stage

after successfully completing this level you will be called for an interview and there you have to perform well

based on your overall performance you will be given a rank.

According to your rank you will be placed in a particular Service and also in a cadre.

then you have to undergo a vigorous training after that you will become an officer.

This is the whole process you have to follow.

All the best

Regards

~AdityA~
8th August 2011, 07:45 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become IAS officer being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in Computer Science?

hi dear
For IAS exam criteria is:-
*Candidate pass graduation
*Candidate must be an INDIAN
*Age- 21 to 30 years
5 years relax for SC/ST candidate
3 years for OBC candidate

*Attempts:-
4 times for general candidate
7 times for OBC candidate
no limits for SC/ST candidate

exam pattern:-
2 exams for IAS
1)Preliminary exam
2)Final exam
For ths exam you must be an go for a institute for
practice or expert to this course............
8th August 2011, 07:57 AM
Harshita21

Smile Re: How to become IAS officer being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in Computer Science?

Quote:
Hello sir,

IAS Officer Eligiblity

Education Required :
Minimum 60% marks in your bachelor degree from any discipline engineering, vetrenity, medical ,animal husbandry etc are prefered.

Age Limit : 21-30 years

No of Attempts : 4

You have to clear IAS paper and then interview for to be an IAS Officer.
Yes you are an eligible candidate .

Best of Luck
8th August 2011, 08:21 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to become IAS officer being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in Computer Science?

Quote:
Hello sir,

Dear Friend,

To apply for the IAS you have to appear in the Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC.

The examination is held in three stages-
1)Preliminary Examination
2)Main Examination
3)Personal Interview

The eligibility criteria for the examination is that a candidate must be a graduate from a recognized Institution and his age should be between 21-30 years of age.

At present you are pursuing B.Tech so you are not eligible for the examination.You will become eligible only after passing your B.Tech final examination and then only you can apply for the examination.

Best Wishes....
8th August 2011, 09:01 AM
sachin200792

The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities from India or other educational institutions declared to be deemed as a University, or possess an equivalent qualification. You must be at least graduate to be eligible for the exam.

Candidates who have appeared at an examination which would educationally qualify them for the UPSC examination but have not received the the results will also be eligible for admission to the Preliminary Examination. They will have to produce the proof of passing the requisite examination with their application for the Main Examination.

The maximum number of attempts restriction are, in case other eligibility conditions apply:

General candidates: four attempts.
SC and ST candidates: No restriction.
OBC: seven attempts.

So you will be eligible for the exam either after getting your degree or in your final year.

There will be three stages of the exam:

1. Preliminary exam

2. Mains exam

3. Interview

Only after going through all these rounds you will be selected for anyone of your services either based on your result or your choice.
8th August 2011, 10:22 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello sir,

dear friend,

you are eligible for IAS exam because you are a computer engineer but you are applicable if you are final year student or graduate.

Eligibility criteria for IAS exam:

Education qualification:

Candidate should have minimum graduation degree with any discipline from a recognized university.

Age eligibility:

For General category candidate,age should be between 21 to 30 years
For OBC category candidates age should be between 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST category candidates,only minimum age is required i.e 21 years.

Number of attempts:

4 attempts for General category candidates
7 attempts for OBC category candidates
unlimited attempts for sc/st category candidates

all the best.
8th August 2011, 01:22 PM
rana2011
Banned

Yes, you are eligible for IAS Entrance examination .

IAS is recruited through a Examination of CSE(Civil Service Examination) and which is conducted by UPSC(Union Public service commission).

This examination is conducted every year but the process of the examination will be carried out 2 years long because of its three stage pattern:

**Prelims(CSAT)
**Mains
**Interview stage

As the eligibility criteria to appear for the examination must compleate Graduation degree and age will b e minimum 21 years.

best of luck!
8th August 2011, 01:40 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

As you have finished graduation degree in engineer,so you can apply for IAS exam.
To apply,then click here

For more details,see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 51 views)
8th August 2011, 05:54 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
there are some criteria for IAS exam ........
*The candidates should be a graduate from any discipline.
*the age limit is 22 - 30 yrs.
& there is a relaxation for sc / st & obc candidates .
for 5 yrs & 3 yrs respectively.
*the attempts of exam for general category
4 times , & 7 times for obc candidates.
unlimited chance for sc / st candidates.
exam patterns for IAS exam are in two ways ....
1. preliminary stage
2.final exam
for this you can join some coaching center for preparation to do good result.

good luck........
18th October 2011, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

hlo sir i m doing btech...i m an avg. student.i m in 3rd yr and my avg percentile is around 76% .tell me what type of job suitable 4 me...can i become an IES officer.pls tell me abt after b.tech wat is suitable 4 me..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?