Unregistered

How can I get entry into MBA field after B.Tech

after b.tech how to get entry into mba field...pelase give me the details

13th December 2012, 07:53 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get entry into MBA field after B.Tech

Hi dear...........

MBA is a post graduate degree which can be done after Graduation degree ..The candidates should be a graduate in any stream from a recognize university, There is no age bar for doing MBA course.

To take admission in good colleges you have to appear Entrance exam ..Under
CAT
MAT
XAT
State-JEE any of these following..

CAT eligibility criteria details.

The list of best MBA college in India..

Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad

Indian Institute of Management Bangalore

Indian Institute of Management Calcutta

Indian Institute of Management Lucknow

Institute of Rural Management Anand

Xaviers Labour Relation Institue Jamshedpur

Management Development Institute Gurgaon

Indian Institute of Management Indore

S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research Mumbai

Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Delhi

Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai

International Management Institute New Delhi

Faculty of Management Studies Delhi

Institute of Management Technology Ghaziabad

Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies Mumbai

Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneshwar

Good luck...............
13th December 2012, 09:45 AM
DASHARD

See , to do MBA after B.Tech you need to appear for NDA entrance exam.
you can appear for many national and state level MBA entrance exam like CAT , TANCET , MAH-MBA-CET , MAT etc.....

on the basis of your performance in these exam you can get admission in MBA stream.

But do make sure that you have a minimum of 50% marks in graduation to be eligible to appear for the MBA entrance exam..

Some good colleges from where you can o MBA are-

Indian Institute of Management-Lucknow

Institute of Rural Management-Anand

Xaviers Labour Relation Institue- Jamshedpur

Management Development Institute- Gurgaon

Indian Institute of Management-Indore

S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research-Mumbai

Indian Institute of Foreign Trade-Delhi

Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies-Mumbai

International Management Institute-New Delhi

Fore School of Management-New Delhi

good luck
13th December 2012, 09:58 AM
ramdhanipatel

Hello Aspirants,

You should participate the MBA entrance exam for the taking the admission in MBA course.
there are many entrance exam organize in a year.
MAT
CAT
XAT
SNAP

throw all these exam you can get the admission in MBA courses.

All the best.
13th December 2012, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

what will be the profit of distance mba during job after b.tech..
13th December 2012, 12:13 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

I am not sure why do you want to do Master of Business Administration after completing B.Tech. This is not something that I would recommend to you. Instead if you really want to pursue further education, my piece of advise would be to go master of technology course.

Anyway If you have taken the decision of doing MBA, then you will have to sit for the entrance exam. Just like B.Tech, the admisssion in MBA is also given on the basis of entrance exam. There are various entrance exams for you to choose from.

Below are some of the entrance exams for you:

CAT

GMAT

MAT

IRMA

IIFT

SNAP

IBSAT

NMAT

XAT

In my opinion you should first appear for the CAT which stands for Common Admission Test. You probably know that CAT is the most popular MBA entrance exam. The reason is that most prestigious universities in the country, IIMs accept the candidates on the basis of CAT.

You must have minimum of 50 percent in graduation which in your case is B.Tech to appear for the Common Admission Test. Candidates of SC/ST requires 45 percent marks.

The second option would be XAT which stands for Xavier Aptitude Test. The XAT is also accepted by various reputed universities. In case you are not meeting the criteria for exams mentioned above or failed to crack them, then Management Aptitude Test (MAT) should be your pick.
13th December 2012, 12:24 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hello dear,
Well if you are currently in the final year of B.tech then you can straightway go for MBA entrance examination admission forms. MBA has to be done only on clearance of any entrance examination that is stipulated by the government itself and the university for taking candidates for MBA. Few examples of such tests are CAT or MAT or OPENMAT or SNAP or NIPER etc. Now in your final year only you can take up any such forms and submit if and only if until your final year you have scored more than 50% in your graduation. If you are from sc/st category then you can do with 45% or more marks. Now after you clear the MBA entrance test, as applicable for your institute, you will have to also clear your graduation with 50% or more marks. If that does not happen then even if you clear MBA entrance test you cannot enter MBA program. But MBA has no age limit. So you can give the entrance examinations as many times you wish and go for the course. For you MBA in IT or MBA in marketing or MBA in Engineering or MBA in biotechnology will be very suitable.
13th December 2012, 12:52 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear,

If you are planning to do MBA after your engineering then i will suggest you to take some work experience first. It will make you utilize your technical skills and after experience of a year or two you can go for MBA. Many top MBA colleges including IIMs prefer candidates with some work experience in this course.

To take admission in reputed MBA colleges in India including IIMs you need to qualify CAT exam. CAT stands for Common Aptitude Test, it is a high level test that judge your aptitude and analytical skills completely. Start your preparation from now on wards as its not going to be any bit easy.

You need to have determination and have to work really hard to make through it. The topics for which you will be tested in this exam are:
  1. Quantitative Aptitude
  2. Reading Comprehension
  3. Verbal Ability
  4. Data Interpretation
  5. Data Sufficiency

You need to prepare for it with proper planning. I will suggest you to take a good coaching that will help you in techniques to solve questions on time as time is very important in this exam. You need to practice a lot for it.You have to give yourself to your preparation for at least 6 months.If you have strong hold over maths and english you will have good chances for it.

Best of luck!
13th December 2012, 01:16 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Most of the engineers opt for MBA course after Graduation. But getting a good college for MBA should be the aim of any Graduate.

If you have to get a good MBA college then you have to apply for following entrance exams:

-CAT

-MAT

-GMAT

-XAT

-SNAP

The above exams are conducted for MBA admission in various colleges in India.

Those who get a good score in these exam can apply for admission in their choice of college on the basis of their score.

Hence you have to prepare for MBA entrance exam so that you get a top college.

If you want to get into IIMs then you must qualify CAT with very good score.

There are many other colleges also but IIMs are the best in the country. So you must aim at IIMs through CAT.

For more information visit http://www.catiim.in
13th December 2012, 01:32 PM
thamilsuresh

MBA has determined various elective papers such as software marketing, HR etc., so you attend the entrance exam for MBA. other option every year tamil nadu anna university conduct the cousiling for MCA and MBA month of july. so you easily get MBA seat.
13th December 2012, 02:04 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

The qualification required for MBA, is graduation in any discipline.
You can definitely get admisison in MBA after graduation.

These days its not very easy to find a job even after MBA so to improve your chances
of getting a job after MBA, you must get into a good college for MBA.

For this you need to apply for the leading entrance test and perform your best to get
the best possible college for you.
Some major entrance test for MBA in India are;

CAT
http://www.catiim.in/
XAT
http://www.xatonline.net.in/
MAT
http://www.aima.in/
SNAP
http://www.snaptest.org/
IIFT
http://www.iift.edu/
NMAT
http://www.nmat.org.in/
CMAT
http://www.aicte-cmat.in/
13th December 2012, 05:50 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How can I get entry into MBA field after B.Tech

Quote:

How To Get Entry Into MBA

MBA is Masters of Business Administration and is a masters course meant to be pursued after your graduation..

Anybody who graduates from any stream from a recognized college is eligible for pursuing MBA..

However, like other courses..for getting into the premier institutes of MBA..you need to clear the entrance exam of the college you wish to join..

A candidate must have secured an aggregate of 50% in order to appear for these entrance exams :-

CAT (Common Admission Test) :- Conducted for admissions to IIMs, FMS Delhi, MDI Gurgaon, IMT Ghaziabad..Click Here

XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) :- XAT is conducted for admissions to XLRI Jamshedpur, XIMB Bhubaneshwar, XIME..Click Here

CMAT :- It is conducted for admissions to all the AICTE approved colleges of India..Click Here

MAT (Management Aptitude Test) :- Conducted for some of the good MBA colleges of India..Click Here

SNAP (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test) :- For admissions to Symbiosis International University..Click Here

NMAT :- For Narsee Monji (NMIMS) Click Here

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
13th December 2012, 06:45 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

In order to take admission in MBA you will have to appear for the CAT(Common Admission Test) Exam.

In order to appear for this exam you will required the following eligibility:-

Educational qualification:-

>>You must be Graduation pass out in any stream.
(Here your B.TECH Degree will be graduation degree).
>>If you will be in final year then also you can appear in this exam.

Marks:-

>>If you are from General/OBC then your minimum marks should be 50%.
>>If you are from SC/ST then your minimum marks should be 45%.

NOTE:-In order to appear in this exam there is no age limit.

Syllabus for this exam:-

Questions will be asked from the following sections:-

>>Quantitative Ability.
>>Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning.
>>General English.
>>General Knowledge.

Its official website is http://www.catiim.in

13th December 2012, 10:33 PM
ibadsyed

Quote:
Hi, MBA (Master in Business Administration) is one of the most sought after degrees by every person who wants to make a career in corporate world and kick-start his/her career by a managerial role.

The eligibility for doing MBA from top colleges of India is you must have atleast 50% marks in your graduation. As long as you satisfy this criteria, you are eligible for doing MBA.

The top colleges for doing MBA in India are:

IIMs, FMS-Delhi, XLRI, JBIMS, MDI, NITIE(for engineers only), SIBM.

Listed above are some top MBA colleges. For admission into these colleges you have to appear for the respective entrance of the institutes. For e.g. for IIMs, you have to take CAT, for XLRI you have to take XAT, for JBIMS you have to take CMAT and for SIBM you have to take SNAP.

The syllabus of all these aptitude tests is common which consists of general english, mathematics and logical reasoning.

One can appear for these exams even in the last year of graduation.

Please keep track on the notifications about these exams in the leading newspapers.
13th December 2012, 11:39 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How can I get entry into MBA field after B.Tech

Quote:
Hi

Its really nice to know that you are interested in the MBA field to pursue your post graduation in once you are done with your graduation in B.Tech. This is indeed a battle already won. Now you just have to concentrate on the procedure and go according to that.

MBA as you would well know stands for a Masters in Business Administration. This is a full time 2 years post graduation course which would define the best of your academics. You would be interested to know that this course is one of the top most courses to study in the world and also has a lot of added benefits. So this degree is always in demand and evergreen. You would never sit back at home, if you are an MBA from a good known college or university.

Now if you wish to do MBA, Then at first you have to satisfy the Eligibility Criteria to sit for the MBA Entrances which are conducted all over the country for the purpose of admissions in the top MBA colleges. They are :-

1. You should be a minimum GRADUATE in ANY stream from a recognized university or college in India. You should have got a respectable score as well, however no minimum criteria for the aggregate is required.
2. There should not be any backlogs. So you must hold a clean academic record till your graduation.
3. There is no age nor attempt limit for these exams and so you can do MBA whenever you please.

Now coming to the top most entrances in India which take place for the MBA intakes all over the country:

CAT - Common Admission Test
MAT - Management Aptitude Test
XAT - XLRI
IIFT - Indian Institute of Foreign and Trade
NMAT - Narsee Moonji Management Aptitude Test
CMAT - Common Management Aptitude Test
GMAT etc and many more...

Next you have to apply and sit for them to get entry in the MBA course. If you are able to top or score very high in these, then you would get the best colleges in the country. However if you are able to score normal then you would get colleges and seats accordingly.

Talking of the TOP MBA Colleges, IIM's top the list with IIFT, FMS, BITS, IIT's, IMT, ISB, TISS, etc following the list..

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
17th December 2012, 07:13 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

It is quite difficult to find a government job with SSC qualification. HSC is the basic qualification preferred for most of the job positions. Then also, you can apply for clerical or apprentice post in railways. Recently National Institute of Virology invited application from matriculates for clerical job positions. Visiting portals of UPSC, SSC, state PSC, RRB, etc will provide you with information on prevailing government jobs.
19th March 2013, 10:19 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
No doubt your definitely applicable for MBA Course after Completing your B.tech Course ..

Any Specialization candidate who Completed "Under Graduation" may also applicable for MBA Course ..

You have Completed B.Tech Course , And It's Considered as Bachelor degree course .. So, After Completing your B.tech course your eligible for MBA Course ..

Part from this Educational qualification , One should Qualified in MBA Entrance Examination which is necessary to get admission for MBA Course ..

So, After Completing your B.tech course you have to appear in MBA Entrance Examination like, MAT/GMAT/CAT/XAT Etc....

If your qualified in any one of the MBA Entrance Examination based on the Entrance Examination score you may get admission for MBA Course in top Colleges ..

Before apply for MBA Course, I suggest you to prepare well for MBA Entrance Examination ... If you Successfully Completed MBA Entrance Examination

Books for MBA Entrance Exam :-

~~ The Pearson Guide To Quantitative Aptitude And Data Interpretation For The CAT
Author: Nishit K. Sinha
Publisher: Pearson

~~ How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test 5th Edition )
Author: Arun Sharma
Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill

~~ Jabbing The XAT With Solved Papers
Author: RK Jha
Publisher: Arihant Prakashan
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?