19th September 2014, 12:37 AM
sidhanath shinde

How can I join Merchant Navy after completing B.E Mechanical?

How to join merchanr navy after complete BE mechanical??

Related Questions:
  1. Should I join merchant navy as my career after completion of my B.Tech? I have completed my B.Tech in mechanical with 66.63% marks
  2. How to join Merchant Navy after completing Mechanical engineering
  3. I am 26 year and 3 months old(BE Mechanical) : Can I join Merchant Navy? Procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  4. Do I need to any other course to join Merchant Navy after completing Mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  5. Can a Mechanical Engineering B.Tech student apply for Merchant Navy? Will the course suit the Mechanical Engineers?
  6. Common application form for non upsc entries?
  7. How to join Merchant Navy after completing graduation? I am a 3rd year mechanical engineering student
  8. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  9. Can i join merchant navy after completing B.Tech from mechanical engineering
  10. How to join Merchant Navy after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  11. How to join Merchant Navy after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  12. How to join Merchant navy after completing 12th? List of the government colleges?
  13. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  14. Is it possible join Merchant Navy on Deck side after completing Mechanical Engineering?
  15. Can I join Merchant navy after completing engineering from mechanical stream? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Can I join merchant navy after completing mechanical engineering in automobile specialization
  17. How to join Merchant Navy after completing diploma in Mechanical in 6th semester?
  18. How to join Merchant Navy after completing 12th from UP board
31st May 2015, 04:09 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Merchant Navy after completing B.E Mechanical?

Yes,you can join Merchant Navy after completing B.E Mechanical .

The eligibility criteria required for Merchant Navy are as follows:-

- The candidate having a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Marine Engineering or a Degree of B.Sc in Nautical Science degree can join in the navigation or marine engineering branch of Merchant Navy .

- The candidate must have secured a minimum of 60% in Graduation degree without any backlogs.

- The candidate age should not be more than 25 years.

-The candidate should not suffer from color blindness and should have a eyesight of 6/6.

-The physical requirement for joining Merchant Navy are

* Height - 167 cm

* Weight - 50 kg

* Chest - 77 cm (without expansion) and 82 cm ( with expansion)

A mechanical/ Electrical/ Technology engineer can join in various posts in Merchant Navy like Engine Cadet/ Fifth Engineer/ Junior Engineer.

The selection procedure involves of;

*Written Exam.

*Physical Test

* Medical Test

*Personality Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?