26th August 2010, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

How to do engineering in merchant navy?

Sir, i am tigmanshu tolia of xii-science,i am interested doing engineering in merchant navy,so should i prepare for the enterance and interview exam for next year .i am very serious, so please mail me as early as possible.i m
waiting for your answer...............

26th August 2010, 09:10 PM
KHAN20

Thumbs up Re: How to do engineering in merchant navy?

dear friend
i think u can join in this engg.by giving the exam like joint entrance exam,iit joint,aieee exam.
good luck.
27th August 2010, 09:34 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to do engineering in merchant navy?

dear friend,

if you want to do the engineering in merchant navy then for this you should fill up the entrance examination form of the iit jee,
as well as the application form of the T.S CHANAKAYA,
after qualifying the iit jee exam you will directly called by the T.S CHANAKAYA.
and then you can do the engineering in merchant navy.
27th August 2010, 06:07 PM
swati123

Well, Timangshu,I do not think that you have a got a fair idea about the Merchant Navy. There is nothing like Engineering in Merchant Navy, rather it is Mechanical Engineering Graduates who are appointed as Engineering Officers in the Merchant Navy following a course in Maritime Studies.

But, let me tell you something...this is not the only opening that you have in Merchant Navy. You can even join Merchant Navy after XII. If you are really kicked about joining Merchant Navy, go through the contents of the site http://www.careerafter12th.com/?cat=430, Merchant Navy has all the trappings of adventure and money.
28th August 2010, 02:11 AM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
i would like to discuss you some difference between merchant navy & engineering.
Any person join merchant navy after +2 or after graduation.
But as you are very much eager about engineering, then you have to do marine engineering.
& for this course you have to apply for entrance exams conducted by many colleges or university.
Some reputed exams are:
IIT-JEE (T.S.Chankya)
AIEEE
WBJEE
Maharastra CET
KCET etc.

kindly do preparation for these exams & take admission in any reputed institutes.

good luck.
17th November 2010, 12:55 PM
Satwinderpal Singh Sandhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, i am tigmanshu tolia of xii-science,i am interested doing engineering in merchant navy,so should i prepare for the enterance and interview exam for next year .i am very serious, so please mail me as early as possible.i m
i think if u want to join merchant navy machinical is the best choice for that
10th July 2012, 10:46 PM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

You should participate in IITJEE entrance exam in order to do marine Engineering. After getting rank in IITJEE you will be called by T.S.Chanakya. You can get admission by one of the following entrance exam also:
AIEEE
WBJEE
KCET
CET for specific place only
15th September 2012, 08:22 PM
denwer1

Smile Re: How to do engineering in merchant navy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You can be a join merchant navy by opting for the marine engineering course. For that the minimum qualification required is 10+2 with physics and mathematics with at least 60% marks in it and english as a compulsory subject in nyour 10th and 12th with at least 50% marks in it. There are various institutes offering marine engineering course. For gettng into it you have too appear for the IIT-JEE examination or the IMU examination. YOu must be physically fit in all respect for this course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?