21st September 2013, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

How can I start IPS career with 1st year of graduation?

my question is that can i start ips career with the 1st year of graduation?

10th August 2015, 09:32 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I start IPS career with 1st year of graduation?

IPS stands for the Indian Police Service and to become an IPS officer you need to qualify in the Civil Services examination conducted every year by the UPSC. This is a common examination for the IAS/IFS/IPS and other civil officers recruitment.

As, you are in the first year of the graduation so you are not eligible to appear for the examination according to the required eligibility. The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between 21-30 years and relaxation in the age for the reserved category.

So, you have to complete your graduation before appearing in the examination. But as the examination is not going to be easy to qualify without the proper preparation so you can start the preparation for the examination from now.

First try to work on your English, General Studies with the help of NCERT and reference books and Quantitative Aptitude. Other than this you must choose the optional paper according to your interest and start giving more time for it.

To get any more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?