9th February 2011, 03:29 PM

How to improve English and how to prepare for other papers for Civil Services Examination?

Respected sir/ madam,
sir i m saloni yadav
I am doing graduation.
After graduation I want to prepare for IAS.
I am not very good at english? How to improve this and how to prepare for other papers?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I join IPS officer after passing class 12th?
  2. What are the various ways to follow to become an IAS officer after completing 12th standard non-medical? -- [New]
  3. Civil Services Examination Law (Paper I) - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  4. Study material for preparation for GATE exam? Any free online test series?
  5. Is the optional paper of IPS held after first two paper?
  6. For how many exams in Civil Services am I eligible for?
  7. Which types of books should be referred for Maths in IAS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Civil Services Examination Commerce and Accountancy (Paper I) - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  9. Civil Services Examination Civil Engineering (Paper II) - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  10. What should I do to prepare for Civil Services Exam along with my studies being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B-Pharmacy? How to prepare for General Knowledge, Current Affairs and other topics for Civil Services Exam?
  11. What should I select to become an IAS officer after passing 10th
  12. How can I prepare for Civil Services exam?
  13. Civil Services Main, Mechanical Engineering (Paper II) Exam – Download Previous Years Question Papers
  14. How to prepare for SBI PO and clerk exams? What are the short cut methods of Maths and how to improve GK and English?
  15. Does CAT exam help clearing UPSC exam?
  16. Civil Services Examination Chemistry (Paper I) - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  17. What should I choose between civil services and M.Tech after completing B.Tech in CSE?
  18. Is BCA students eligible to apply for UPSC exam? What is the process followed to apply?
12th February 2011, 12:19 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to improve English and how to prepare for other papers for Civil Services Examination?

There are many ways which can help you to improve you english

watch English news channels

Try making it a point to watch lots of English new channels. This will help you with you language and pronounciation as English reporters are masters in it.

Read English News papers and Magazines

Try subscribing to The Hindu, Times of India newspaper. THeir content is very fresh which will help you to build ur vocabulary and grammer. It will also help you to build your GK

Dont give up reading and writing

Dont give up reading and writing. Do it as much as you can till the exam. There is no other option than practicing
12th February 2011, 06:00 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to improve English and how to prepare for other papers for Civil Services Examination?

You can definitely improve in speaking English if you communicate with each others in English.You don't need to feel shy or hesitate to speak in the language your feeling difficult to communicate.Watch English news daily,read newspapers daily and you will soon see your self improvements.

Since CSAT consists of English as the second paper with 200 hundred marks hence its important for you to improve in English.Here am attaching you the syllabus in pdf format.Hence please go through it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CSAT-Syllabus-for-UPSC-Prelims-2011.pdf(61.9 KB, 77 views)
12th February 2011, 06:44 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

English is very important field now .if you want to improve your english then read english newspaper,watch english movies and try to learn the thing .watch english news and learn the way the reporters and newreaders express him/her. for improving your vocabulary i will suggest the book"WORD POWER MADE EASY" by Norman Lewis. i think it is the best book for this purpose.
12th February 2011, 07:54 AM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: How to improve English and how to prepare for other papers for Civil Services Examination?

dear you improve your English you can start from today talk in english .If you talk in English then your hegitation is ended you can talk to anyone in english.
for improve your english you can see:
1.English channel,songs,news,movies
2.you take a dictionary and read daily one paragraph and see the 10 new word and wrote in your diary.
3.you see that movies in subtitle is available.
4.you always talk in English
for civil services exam
1.make a routine for daily work and be punctual .
2.you collect the syllabus and read continously.
3.you should make a note write every important line.
12th February 2011, 08:00 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to improve English and how to prepare for other papers for Civil Services Examination?

To improve English one should follow tasks and that is :::

* You need to talk in English...

*should not feel shy to talk in English which most people feel..

*start reading newspaper

*start watching english newschanels

*last but not least discuss things in this forum will also make you improve in communication skills!!
12th February 2011, 09:32 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: How to improve English and how to prepare for other papers for Civil Services Examination?

Quote:
I am not very good at english? How to improve this and how to prepare for other papers?
The only way to success is Hard work , always Hard work pays off... Remember this.

Worried about Speaking fluently, Then Don't worry you can do it within a month, Reading Novels, Speaking in English with your siblings, anything anywhere try to improvise your self with English, adapt yourself in English, always Think before you say somthing , initially it will take time but after wards you will get habitual to it.

Reading News paper, Listening English New channel , watching English Movie etc etc will build you more ....

If it Civil Service Interview Or Exam you will Definitely Crack every thing Be faith in yourself..
12th February 2011, 09:39 AM
BEST CAREER
Member+

To improve your english you need more and more practice by reading english newspapers ,watching english news also read english magazines so that you would be able to learn the use of phrases,anonyms ,synonyms which are very essential for preparing for civil services examination.
learn around 10 english words from english thesarus daily with their english to english meanings ,antonyms,synonyms.
you must solve more and more unseen passages for your preparation
you can refer the english preparation books
12th February 2011, 11:15 AM
vikram bawa

i m gradute from dav college jalandhar and also a student of company secretaries as well as chartered accountant plz give me solution how can i prepare for for civil services exam.
12th February 2011, 04:32 PM
ratalalavanya

No need of going coaching for ENGLISH......Just practice speaking in english even though it is not correct
Coming to civils.......you need to join some good coaching center in order to cope up with that
13th February 2011, 11:04 AM
BEST CAREER
Member+

for preparation of civil services entrance exam you can join a good coaching institute that will provide the necessary papers ,books and sample papers for practice .
rest you need to work hard and self study is very important for preparation in civil services exam.
good luck
13th May 2012, 09:04 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

There are many ways which can help you to improve you english

watch English news channels

Try making it a point to watch lots of English new channels. This will help you with you language and pronounciation as English reporters are masters in it.

Read English News papers and Magazines

Try subscribing to The Hindu, Times of India newspaper. THeir content is very fresh which will help you to build ur vocabulary and grammer. It will also help you to build your GK

Dont give up reading and writing

Dont give up reading and writing. Do it as much as you can till the exam. There is no other option than practicing
13th May 2012, 09:06 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

The only way to success is Hard work , always Hard work pays off... Remember this.

Worried about Speaking fluently, Then Don't worry you can do it within a month, Reading Novels, Speaking in English with your siblings, anything anywhere try to improvise your self with English, adapt yourself in English, always Think before you say somthing , initially it will take time but after wards you will get habitual to it.

Reading News paper, Listening English New channel , watching English Movie etc etc will build you more ....

If it Civil Service Interview Or Exam you will Definitely Crack every thing Be faith in yourself..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?