30th December 2016, 03:15 PM
nitesh.yalamanchili

How to join Indian Navy and Army after ECE? What is the eligibility criteria for it?

Hello sir, I am studying in 3rd year of ECE and after completing want to join Indian Navy or Army. How can I join it? What is the eligibility criteria for it?

Related Questions:
  1. How can a Female candidate join the Indian Navy? What is the eligibility criteria required to join the Indian Navy?
  2. What is the eligibility criteria required for Girls to join the Indian Navy? -- [New]
  3. What should I do after class 10th to join the Indian Army? What is the eligibility criteria required to join the Indian Army?
  4. What is the eligibility criteria to join Indian Navy? I am a 11th science student
  5. What is the eligibility criteria asked for Navy? Am I eligible to apply if I have completed diploma in electronics and telecom?
  6. Doing B.E(ECE) :How to join Indian Army?
  7. How to join Indian Navy after completing B.Tech in ECE?
  8. Procedure to join Indian Army? Criteria for selection? Qualifications required for admission?
  9. Eligibility criteria to join Indian Navy after Diploma in Marine Engineering? Can I get a grade 1 job?
  10. Exam for women to join Indian Navy? Criteria and selection pattern?
  11. Eligibility criteria to join Indian Army? What are the vacancies in Indian Army?
  12. What is the eligibility criteria required to join the Indian Navy?
  13. Procedure to join Indian Army for a 12th Class candidate?
  14. Eligibility to join Indian Air Force/Navy for ECE Diploma holder?
  15. How can I join the Indian Navy as a Deck Cadet after completing class 12th? What is the eligibility criteria required to join Indian Navy?
  16. Eligibility criteria to join Indian Army as a Clerk? Is there any excuse of sightedness?
  17. How to join Indian Army after passing 10th? What is the criteria to join Indian Army? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can I join Indian Army after B.Tech? What is the eligibility criteria for this?
31st December 2016, 01:24 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Navy and Army after ECE? What is the eligibility criteria for it?

Yes, you will be eligible to appear for entrance examination to join Indian Army and Navy after completing your b.tech degree.

The candidates have to appear and qualify in CDS entrance examination conducted by UPSC for final recruitment. The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed B.Tech and age limit for Indian Army is 19-24 years and 19-22 years for Indian Navy.

The examination is conducted in two stages as written and SSB for final recruitment. For, more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st December 2016, 03:26 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to join Indian Navy and Army after ECE? What is the eligibility criteria for it?

Being an ECE ( Electrical and Communication Engineering ) degree holder the best option for you in the Indian Defense Sector is the option of defense officer for you need to qualify CDS entrance examination.

* CDS refers to Combined Defense Services and CDS entrance examinations are held twice every year by UPSC twice every year in two stages which includes Written Examination and SSB interview respectively.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for joining Indian Navy ( Naval Academy, NA ) and Indian Army ( Indian Military Academy, IMA ) are as following :-

i) You must be an Indian citizen.

ii) Your age must lie within 19 years to 22 years for NA and 19 years to 24 years for IMA.

iii) You must have completed your bachelors degree course in any discipline from a recognized university for IMA. But for NA, your academics must include Physics / Mathematics / Engineering stream as main subject.

iv) You must satisfy the physical fitness norm as specified in the notification of same examination.

Apart from officer's entry, you are eligible for other posts like Tradesmen or JCOs in Indian Navy and Indian Army.

For further details regarding different entries in Indian Navy and Indian Army as well as for checking your eligibility for different posts you can log on to the link www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and www.joinindianarmy.nic.in respectively.
31st December 2016, 05:07 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Navy or Army after completion of your ECE course from a Government recognised university, you have to appear in CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC. Eligibility criteria required to appear in CDS examination for joining in Indian Navy or Army is mentioned below :-

1. You should be an Indian National.

2. Educational Qualification :-
=> Indian Army :- You should have passed Graduation degree or equivalent from a recognised university.
=> Indian Navy :- You must have passed Graduation degree in Engineering from a recognised university.

3. Age Limit :-
=> Indian Army :- 19-24 years
=> Indian Navy :- 19-22 years

4. You should be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You should be Physically and Mentally fit.
8th August 2020, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

BE ECE degree students also can apply for Indian navy.. .or only B.tech students are applicable to this Indian navy.......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?