11th May 2011, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

How many years will it take to become an IAS? Which are the optional subjects?

Hi i have done MSC biotechnology with 80% and am a university rank holder too. how many years will take to get IAS and wht optional subjects i can choose.

29th August 2011, 09:10 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How many years will it take to become an IAS? Which are the optional subjects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi i have done MSC biotechnology with 80% and am a university rank holder too. how many years will take to get IAS and wht optional subjects i can choose.
Nothing like that.!
it will not take years to prepare for IAS entrance examination . As it has long process that is three stage examination pattern.

It takes nearly 1-1and1/2 year to become an IAS officer trainee after successfully completing three level selection procedure

the selection procedure is complicated rather than its subjects and all.
Okay you may get little surprised why it take that long.
I'll explain you clearly just have a look at the following lines carefully.

->First you have to wait for notification after attaining minimum age criteria and eligibility criterion.

->Notification will be released in February

->You have to apply for it. All the application and hall ticket receiving will take time till May or so.

->You will write an examination of level 1 that is CSAT(civil service aptitude test).this exam will be in June.

->after clearing the first level 1 you will be called upon for next level i.e., mains here you have to select two optional subject from the given list of subjects. It depends on your interest whatever you like you can take there is no compulsion with respect to background and all etc.,

->the mains examination will be in aug- sept the results for these will be uneveiled in september or october.

->Then on the candidates will be called for Personal interviews only selected candidates will be called this calling procedure and interviewing procedure will be held in January , Feb and march also sometimes.

-> after completing three levels you will be then given a rank if you succeed to clear among all the appeared students. this results will be in mostly april or something like that.

->Now you will be given your desired service or available service with no doubt cadre without any arguments you have to accept.

->you will be called for training .After completing this training period then only you will be given posting in respect to your cadre.

Hope you understood the pattern and how long will it take to become an IAS officer

if any further doubts persists. Then just logon to official website of UPSC.

To view the official website of UPSC just Click Here

all the best for your future

Regards

~AdityA~
29th August 2011, 09:19 PM
rana2011
Banned

Default Re: How many years will it take to become an IAS? Which are the optional subjects?

You will write an examination of level 1 that is CSAT(civil service aptitude test).this exam will be in June.

after clearing the first level 1 you will be called upon for next level i.e., mains here you have to select two optional subject from the given list of subjects. It depends on your interest whatever you like you can take there is no compulsion with respect to background and all etc.,

Then on the candidates will be called for Personal interviews only selected candidates will be called this calling procedure and interviewing procedure will be held in January , Feb and march also sometimes.

after completing three levels you will be then given a rank if you succeed to clear among all the appeared students. this results will be in mostly april or something like that.

Then you will be called for training .After completing this training period then only you will be given posting in respect to your cadre.

Thanks!!
21st October 2011, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How many years will it take to become an IAS? Which are the optional subjects?

at first level there wont be any choosing of optional subject
1st November 2011, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

Can i simultaneously appear for IFoS and IAS in the same year.plz clear my confusion. Roshan Gurung
27th March 2012, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

which is the best optional subjects for ias?
2nd July 2012, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

CAN WE SELECT ANY OTHER LANGUAGE OTHER THAN ENGLISH AND WHICH SUBJECTS TO SELECTS TO SELECT A IT BACKGROUND STUDENT.
6th July 2012, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

I want to become an IAS Officer, and i want to know the detail about it.
27th January 2013, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

am having history of arrears but my aim is to be an ias, due to my family background i coudnt concenterate fully on my college days was working in part time , but still am confident , at the same time am from sc , can you explain sir \ madam
17th February 2013, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

which subjects are required for IAS in class 12th & graduation?
14th April 2014, 08:47 AM
Unregistered

can i write ias mains examination while i am in last year of my graduation, or can i apply for ias when i am in the last months of my 2nd year b.a.
8th May 2014, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

is a commerce student enter in civil services in gra%u0111uation and what subject must be choose?
10th May 2014, 04:54 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. It is one of the popular civil service in India.

There is a huge competition among the candidates who want to join IAS. But nothing is impossible if you have strong preparation towards the selection procedure which will be as follows

CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

Civil Services Exam is the common written exam for the candidates to be placed in all the civil services not only for IAS.

There is no specific duration like 2 years or 3 years to be placed in IAS.

It depends upon how well you prepare for the selection procedure and how well you attempt the Exam.

I have seen candidates who have got through civil services exam in the first attempt itself and also saw the candidates who took more than 4 years to be placed in IAS.

So, it all depends upon you.

Please have a glance over the required age criteria for this Exam.

For General category : 21-30 years
For OBC category : 21-33 years
For SC or ST category : 21-35 years

There is limit on the number of attempts for this exam which will be
Maximum of 4 attempts for General category
Maximum of 7 attempts for OBC category
No limit on number of attempts for SC or ST category.

Have good preparation for the selection procedure and crack it.

You better opt for Botany or Zoology as the optional subject.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?