30th December 2010, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for the GS section of IES exam? Which portion to give more stress on?

Dear sir,
I am interested in doing IES.i have main concern regarding preparation of its GS section Can any one help me to know the exact way of preparing GS, like which portion to give stress and all..

31st December 2010, 10:02 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for the GS section of IES exam? Which portion to give more stress on?

hi..
keep reading the newspaper regularly and make an note of the daily important world and national events,
also read the ncert text books for history and geography,
generally the English part in ies is very easy and scoring,
practice the correction of sentences from wren and martin
also barrons gre book will be good enough to prepare for vocabulary part
all the best
31st December 2010, 10:40 AM
amahajan

Smile Re: How to prepare for the GS section of IES exam? Which portion to give more stress on?

Hello
You can prepare for the GS section by reading journals, magazines like CSR, Pratiyogita darpan, master in current affairs. And you can use previous years papers available in the website or ion the books. you can also take help from the different website contain online quizes and GK question. I am giving you some link which will definitely help you for your GS preparation. here are the link:-
www.gktoday.in
http://generalknowledge.cexams.com/?Quiz=182&dt=01-Sep-2010

You should have to give stress on all the section because all the question carry equal marks but prepare better for the area in which your are strong.
31st December 2010, 03:35 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to prepare for the GS section of IES exam? Which portion to give more stress on?

hi!

To prepare for the GS section of IES exam you should focus on ancient history, five years plans, constitutional amendments, current affairs, geography etc.

Make habit of reading some good newspaper like Times of india or the hindu or telegraph daily. Also read 1-2 magazines daily. You can refer these magazines:
pratiyogita darpan
yojna
manorma year book
kurushetra
31st December 2010, 08:41 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Hi friend

1)If you studies the NEWS paper regularly for more then two years before the Exam then you will not find any difficulty

2)Otherwise it will be very hard,Better study the book called Traun Gryal and website called www.indiabix.com, in that General study section will be there , daily study one topic and don't forget to Revise

3)Don't mug up then you can't get through in India, understand and study and be prepared full details of Indian MAP

4)Technical question also Important ,do the revision without fail and Study previous year question paper

Best of luck for your IES Exam
2nd January 2011, 11:01 AM
anudmishra
Senior Member+

hi...
you should follow books like manorama year book,it has all latest information about the country,
also read the newspapers regularly,
also make a note of all the tough English words which you come across
all the best
21st February 2011, 07:23 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

to prepare for the GS section of IES exam
To prepare for the GS section of IES exam you should focus on ancient history, five years plans, constitutional amendments, current affairs, geography etc.
reading some good newspaper like Times of india or the hindu or telegraph daily. Also read 1-2 magazines daily. You can refer these magazines:
pratiyogita darpan
yojna
manorma year book
kurushetra
barrons gre book will be good enough to prepare for vocabulary part

for your GS preparation. here are the link:-
www.gktoday.in
http://generalknowledge.cexams.com/?Quiz=182&dt=01-Sep-2010

good luck
20th June 2012, 03:13 AM
Unregistered

HI SIR I AM JUST PASSED OUT OF IIT JEE EXAM 2012 BUT MY TARGET IS CRACKED IES WITH GOOD RANK SO I WANA A ADVISED FOR PREPAIRE MY GS SECTION ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?