30th August 2013, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an IAS officer if I am in 9th standard

Sir, I am in 9 Standard, my aim is to become an IAS so consult me what should i read in this position?

31st May 2015, 03:57 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer if I am in 9th standard

I am really pleased with your interest in the civil services job from the beginning. As IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Service and the examination is conducted by the UPSC every year for this. There is no special examination for the IAS. The examination for the IAS/IPS/IFS etc...and all other posts are conducted by the Civil Services examination only.

The eligibility to apply for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passsed or pursuing in the final year of graduation.
* Candidates age must be between 21-32 years and relaxation in age for the reserved category candidates.
* There is no limitation on the discipline of graduation.

The examination is considered as mother of all the examination and is toughest. The examination is conducted in three stages.
* Preliminary.
* Mains.
* Interview.

It is necessary to qualify in each of the stages for the final selection of candidates in the Civil services. As the question paper for all the above are same so the designation are offered according to the overall performance rank in these examination.

So as you are in class 9 now. I will suggest you to concentrate on your Social Science subjects. Keep reading the English newspaper and make your general knowledge strong.
If you will follow the above one it will benefit you allot till your graduation completes.

For more information regarding the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
1st June 2015, 01:07 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer if I am in 9th standard

# I am glad to know that you have inclination towards civil service examination at this early stage of life.

# If you start preparing for IAS Examination right now, then you can prepare yourself for IAS Examination very well within next few years.

# Now you should concentrate more on your studies and try to perform well in current academic session.

# Make a schedule in which spend little time for preparing IAS Examination. Make a thorough study of NCERT Books of standard 6th to standard 12th.

# Note that systematic and regular revision in better memorization of syllabus. So always keep revising the studied matter.

# Daily read any newspaper of local or national level. Read current affairs, hot topics as well as editorial columns in detailed.

# Healthy mind resides only in healthy body. Only healthy mind can perform well in studies.

# In order to keep your body and mind fit, go for followings:

* Aerobic exercises
* Pranayams
* Yogic postures

# Take balanced diet and seasonal fruit. Take vitamin-C rich food items.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?