4th March 2011, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

How to pursue CS after graduation? Duration of the course? Is it theoretical?

sir, plz tell me how can i do cs in after graduation.........in what duration and cs is full theortical subject or not...........becoze after graduation i will do mba + cs.......so plz tell

4th March 2011, 03:44 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to pursue CS after graduation? Duration of the course? Is it theoretical?

Hello friend,
The Company Secretary course is divided into three stages
Foundation Program
Executive Program
Professional Program

If you are a graduate, you may enroll directly for the Executive Program. The institute do not conduct any entrance exam for the same.
After qualifying the Professional Program, the candidate has to undergo Management training for a period of 15 months. Within this training program, the candidate has to undergo practical training in a CS firm.
Apart from this, the candidate has to go for another training of 15 days in registrar of company, Affiliated stock exchange, SEBI etc.
The one who completes all these training program, along with the the foundation, executive and professional program, are eligilbe to become an associate member of ICSI.
The last date of registration is 28th of February to appear in the examination conducted same year in the month of December and 31st of August for the examination conducted next year in the month of June.

For admission, please contact
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India,
ICSI House, 22, Institutional Area,
Lodi Road, New Delhi 110003.
Phone-(011) 51504444, 24617321-24, 24644431-32
Fax-(011)24626727

Website - www.icsi.edu
5th March 2011, 01:20 AM
Arvi.S

Default Re: How to pursue CS after graduation? Duration of the course? Is it theoretical?

The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) is constituted under the Company Secretaries Act, 1980, to develop and regulate the profession of Company Secretaries in India.

To pass a student has to obtain a minimum of 40% in each paper and an aggregate of 50% in all the papers of a group together, failing which the student has to reappear in all the papers of the group again.

There are certain exemptions in cases where the student has failed the examination but has obtained high marks in one or more papers.

A student has to get through these to be eligible to go for the next level i.e. FINAL.
Subjects

Each paper 3 hours-100 Marks
CS: Inter - Group I
Paper 1: General and Commercial Laws [100 marks]
Paper 2: Company Accounts and Cost and Management Accounting
[100 marks]
Part A: Company Accounts (50 Marks)
Part B: Cost and Management Accounting (50 Marks)
Paper 3: Tax Laws [100 marks]
Part A: Direct Tax Laws (60 Marks)
Part B: Indirect Tax Laws (40 Marks)
Paper 4: Management Information Systems and Corporate Communication
[100 marks]
Part A: Management Information Systems (50 Marks)
Part B: Corporate Communication (50 Marks)

CS: Inter - Group II
Paper 5: Company law [100 marks]
Paper 6: Company Secretarial Practice [100 marks]
Paper 7: Economic Labour and Industrial Laws [100 marks]
Part A: Economic Laws (75 Marks)
Part B: Labour and Industrial Laws (25 Marks)
Paper 8: Securities Laws and Regulation of Financial Markets [100 marks]
5th March 2011, 07:21 PM
Arsalaan

yes you can directly get into the intermediate level course of CS

after graduation(except fine arts ).

the minimum duration of intermediate level is 10 months.

in fact ypu dont need to do mba if you are doing CS

you should do CS work .... then get executive MBA

which is of 6 months-1yr duration .. you'll benefit much more
6th March 2011, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

I have done my graduation in this year 2010 in BBA and one of my friend has done BCom hnrs and CA , We both want to do CS this year now please assist me how to get register for it and is there any entrance exam also ?
11th March 2011, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

i am doing bba. i cannot do mba. so i want to do cs so plz tell me about cs course after graduation and duration of cs after graduation?
21st March 2011, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

How to get admission in CS after doing fine arts graduation?
21st March 2011, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

How to take admission in CS after doing fine arts graduation?
21st March 2011, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

how to get admission in CS after doing fine arts graduation?
1st April 2011, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

What is the minimum percentage required in B.com for doing cs
8th April 2011, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

admission procedure for open cs ..fee details
17th April 2011, 06:36 AM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

Dear friend, The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) is constituted under the Company Secretaries Act, 1980, to develop and regulate the profession of Company Secretaries in India.

To pass a student has to obtain a minimum of 40% in each paper and an aggregate of 50% in all the papers of a group together, failing which the student has to reappear in all the papers of the group again.

There are certain exemptions in cases where the student has failed the examination but has obtained high marks in one or more papers.

A student has to get through these to be eligible to go for the next level i.e. FINAL.
Subjects

Each paper 3 hours-100 Marks
CS: Inter - Group I
Paper 1: General and Commercial Laws [100 marks]
Paper 2: Company Accounts and Cost and Management Accounting
[100 marks]
Part A: Company Accounts (50 Marks)
Part B: Cost and Management Accounting (50 Marks)
Paper 3: Tax Laws [100 marks]
Part A: Direct Tax Laws (60 Marks)
Part B: Indirect Tax Laws (40 Marks)
Paper 4: Management Information Systems and Corporate Communication
[100 marks]
Part A: Management Information Systems (50 Marks)
Part B: Corporate Communication (50 Marks)

CS: Inter - Group II
Paper 5: Company law [100 marks]
Paper 6: Company Secretarial Practice [100 marks]
Paper 7: Economic Labour and Industrial Laws [100 marks]
Part A: Economic Laws (75 Marks)
Part B: Labour and Industrial Laws (25 Marks)
Paper 8: Securities Laws and Regulation of Financial Markets [100 marks]

good luck
24th April 2011, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed my graduation by b.com and I just want to know that how much time it will take for me to complete CS course as I have completed my graduation?
29th April 2011, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

i am doing bba. i cannot do mba. so i want to do cs so plz tell me about cs course after graduation and duration of cs after graduation?
30th April 2011, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

i am MSc chemistry. now i want to study psychology.plz tell me how can i do this????
24th May 2011, 02:55 PM
karun_f7

I have done Law (LLB) & MBA. Currently doing Job. Now i want to prepare for CS. please tell how can i register online & is their any benefits (exemptions) in exam for Law Graduate person.
14th June 2011, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

I have done graduation and want to be CS after this.Be a leader tell me about this course.

manmohan singh
21st June 2011, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

cs traning after CA
23rd June 2011, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

I am doing B.Com and I want to do CS so i have to do cs with b.com or after B.com?
24th June 2011, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

right now i am doing MBA 2nd sam and i also want to do cs simultenously, is it possible pls guide me. priti
27th June 2011, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

i am graduated this year can u plz tell me the cs course duration after graduation..
7th July 2011, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

How to pursue CS after graduation? Duration of the course? Is it theoretical?
8th July 2011, 03:13 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Company Secretaries Course

The student who would like to join the Course after 10+2 has to undergo three stages to pursue the Company Secretaries Course i.e.

Foundation Programme
Executive Programme
Professional Programme

Foundation Programme which is of 8 months duration can be pursued by 10+2 pass students of Arts, Science or Commerce stream.

Executive Programme can be pursued by a Graduate of all streams except Fine Arts.

Professional Programme can be pursued only after clearing the Executive Programme of CS Course.

Training: A Student has to undergo 15 months Management Training in Companies sponsored by the Institute after passing the Executive or Professional Programme or under the guidance of a Company Secretary in Practice.

Admission to the CS Course is open throughout the year. Examinations are held twice a year in June & December.

Cost of Prospectus:- for Foundation Programme : Rs. 200/- by cash
payment while Rs. 250/- by Post or courier

Cost of Prospectus:- for the Executive Programme : Rs. 300/- by cash
payment while Rs.350/- by Post or courier

Payment Option : The payment can be sent to the Headquarters by demand draft drawn in favour of ‘The Institute of Company Secretaries of India’ payable at New Delhi OR by cash across the counter from the
Headquarters, Regional Offices & a few of the Chapters.

Fee Structure:-

CS Foundation Programme Rs 3600/-
Executive Programme Rs. 7000/- for Commerce Graduates while Rs. 7750/- for Non Commerce Students ICSI offices across India
16th August 2011, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

can we study cs on own or we have to join classes
23rd September 2011, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

what is the exact time duration of cs after graduation
24th October 2011, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

I am in 11std&i want to become cs give suggestion that book should i read for cs
2nd November 2011, 02:04 AM
Unregistered

Sir, now after my Bsc Maths course, i am doing my CS inter course. I want to know more about Management Training after this course. Can I do this training after my CS Inter examination?
19th December 2011, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

sir can do ca ipcc after graduation
23rd December 2011, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

i have completed the mba i am interested to do the cs course can give the exact advise
26th December 2011, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

sir what is the duration of completing cs course after doing bba??
29th December 2011, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

how much time will take for cs after graduation
30th December 2011, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

is cs consist theoretical subject?
31st December 2011, 05:08 PM
Hours

FOR DETAIL INFORMATION CONTACT

The Institute of Company Secretaries of India,
ICSI House, 22, Institutional Area,
Lodi Road, New Delhi 110003.
Phone-(011) 51504444, 24617321-24, 24644431-32
Fax-(011)24626727

Website - www.icsi.edu
8th February 2012, 06:50 AM
Unregistered

Sir,currently i m pursuing my final yr b.com,aftr dis i would like to pursue mba further.in addition i hav a plan of doing acs to highlight my profile.so what are all the papers comes under the professional programme.sir plz assist me the fyn.
12th March 2012, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

when wil the government announce its final verdict regarding ca after graduation?? i mean when wil the rule get implemented..?
24th March 2012, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

I have done my graduation in electrical and electronics engineering (EEE). So, will i able to go for the executive MBA after the ICSI course? If yes, what would be the duration of the course of ICSI for me?.
24th March 2012, 11:22 PM
biswarup.jackon14

Red face Re: How to pursue CS after graduation? Duration of the course? Is it theoretical?

Hey Friend….

you can join for CA courses after completing the graduation.There are two types of courses in Chartered Accountant
course.

1)PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION COURSE –I
2)PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION COURSE –II

->You can join the PE course -I after your 12th exams or after your graduation if you have scored less than the
minimum marks required to obtain in Graduation.

->You can directly join PE COURSE-II after the graduation if you have scored more than the minimum marks
to qualify for the exam.

PE COURSE -I:

1)A student who has done his 12 th class.

2)Following graduates are eligible:

->Commerce graduates with Accountancy, Auditing and Mercantile Law or Commercial Law as full examination paper
->Non commerce graduates with mathematics as subject and less than 60% marks.
->Commerce graduates With subjects other than Mathematics and with less than 55% of the total marks.

3)The minimum duration of the course is 10 months.

4)A student may register at any time during the year.

5)Subjects in the course

Fundamentals of Accounting
Mathematics and Statistics
Economics
Business Communication and Organization and Management.

6)No Age limit to pursue these courses.

PE COURSE -II

1)Following graduates are eligible:

->Commerce graduates with Accountancy, Auditing and Mercantile Law or Commercial Law as full examination paper
->Non commerce graduates with mathematics as subject and more than 60% marks.
->Commerce graduates With subjects other than Mathematics and with more than 55% of the total marks.

2)The minimum duration of the course is 10 months.

3)Subjects in the course is divided into twom groups :

Group – I

Accounting
Auditing
Business and Corporate Laws

Group – II

Cost Accounting and Financial Management
Income Tax and Central Sales Tax
Information Technology

4)No Age limit to pursue these course.

Best Wishes……
29th March 2012, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Is there any exemption for Law Graduate in CS Course ?, If yes, then in how many subjects ?.
17th April 2012, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

Do the non-commerce students, those who have got exemption from foundation course are require to submit the papers provided at the end of the every subject
also for executive course is it required to submit the paper for valuation before appearing for written exam
28th June 2012, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

how to persue a degree in law after graduation???????????
16th July 2012, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

after completing graduation how much maximum time is there get prepared to cat exam?
16th July 2012, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

how to pesue cs after graduation??? and what is d fees of that course?? nd from where do i fill that form???
25th September 2012, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Sir i completed graduation in commerce stream n i want to do CS course. so i wanna know that what will be the total duration & total cost to do this? plz suggest me immediately....
25th September 2012, 09:48 PM
manu3

Hey Friend….

you can join for CA courses after completing the graduation.There are two types of courses in Chartered Accountant
course.

1)PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION COURSE –I
2)PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION COURSE –II

->You can join the PE course -I after your 12th exams or after your graduation if you have scored less than the
minimum marks required to obtain in Graduation.

->You can directly join PE COURSE-II after the graduation if you have scored more than the minimum marks
to qualify for the exam.

PE COURSE -I:

1)A student who has done his 12 th class.

2)Following graduates are eligible:

->Non commerce graduates with mathematics as subject and less than 60% marks.
->Commerce graduates With subjects other than Mathematics and with less than 55% of the total marks.

3)The minimum duration of the course is 10 months.

4)A student may register at any time during the year.

5)Subjects in the course

Fundamentals of Accounting
Mathematics and Statistics
Economics
Business Communication and Organization and Management.

6)No Age limit to pursue these courses.

PE COURSE -II

1)Following graduates are eligible:

->Non commerce graduates with mathematics as subject and more than 60% marks.
->Commerce graduates With subjects other than Mathematics and with more than 55% of the total marks.

2)The minimum duration of the course is 10 months.

3)Subjects in the course is divided into twom groups :

Group – I

Accounting
Auditing
Business and Corporate Laws

Group – II

Cost Accounting and Financial Management
Income Tax and Central Sales Tax
Information Technology

4)No Age limit to pursue these course.

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/how-pursue-cs-after-graduation-duration-course-theoretical-94934.html#ixzz27UVyiiHv
25th September 2012, 09:50 PM
manu3

The student who would like to join the Course after 10+2 has to undergo three stages to pursue the Company Secretaries Course i.e.

Foundation Programme
Executive Programme
Professional Programme

Foundation Programme which is of 8 months duration can be pursued by 10+2 pass students of Arts, Science or Commerce stream.

Executive Programme can be pursued by a Graduate of all streams except Fine Arts.

Professional Programme can be pursued only after clearing the Executive Programme of CS Course.

Training: A Student has to undergo 15 months Management Training in Companies sponsored by the Institute after passing the Executive or Professional Programme or under the guidance of a Company Secretary in Practice.

Admission to the CS Course is open throughout the year. Examinations are held twice a year in June & December.

Payment Option : The payment can be sent to the Headquarters by demand draft drawn in favour of ‘The Institute of Company Secretaries of India’ payable at New Delhi OR by cash across the counter from the

Executive Programme Rs. 7000/- for Commerce Graduates while Rs. 7750/- for Non Commerce Students ICSI offices across India

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/how-pursue-cs-after-graduation-duration-course-theoretical-94934.html#ixzz27UWUk77H
25th September 2012, 09:56 PM
manu3

Foundation Programme
Executive Programme
Professional Programme

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/how-pursue-cs-after-graduation-duration-course-theoretical-94934.html#ixzz27UWUk77H
30th April 2013, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

after completing (B.COM) graduation cs foundation was compulsory
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?