10th October 2012, 09:22 PM
himanshudutt

How should I become a Bank PO if i am a final year mechanical engineering student

i am final year mechanical engineering student , and am interested in banking sector, i am confused in some exams like what is ibps for.... i think ibps conducts exams for clerks and po for 19 banks but i also heard the bank po exams.. please tel me the right procedure for these 19 banks and also for others.. please .

Related Questions:
  1. Information regarding Training Program being a final year student of Mechanical Engineering?
  2. How to prepare for GATE? I am a final year Mechanical Engineering student
  3. Bank officer's exam for final year engineering student?
  4. What is the syllabus of PSU? I am a final year mechanical engineering student
  5. Can I be eligible to attend for Railway Recruitment Board exam? I am a final year mechanical engineering student
  6. How can I get a job in Indian Railways? I am a B.E final year mechanical engineering student
  7. Will I be eligible for Bank Exam after passing Mechanical Engineering? What are the government posts for which I will be eligible?
  8. How to become an astronaut after B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What is the eligibility for bank manager? I am a final year student
  10. Which Government Exams I can appear for being a candidate of pursuing final year of Mechanical Engineering?
  11. Which exams can I give while in final year Mechanical Engineering?
  12. How to pursue 6 months training in Maruti? I am a student of mechanical engineering
  13. Eligibility for Group I and Group II exam for B.E (Mechanical engineering) final year student?
  14. How to do 6 months training in automobile company? I am a final year student of mechanical engineering from Punjab Technical University
  15. Is there any recruitment available in Tata Motors for B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) final year student? -- [New]
  16. How can I get a job as there is no campus placement available at the college? I am a final year mechanical engineering student with 73% marks?
  17. How can I apply for 6 months industrial training? I am a final year B.Tech mechanical engineering student
  18. What is the best choice for me after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
11th October 2012, 08:56 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I become a Bank PO if i am a final year mechanical engineering student

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshudutt View Post
i am final year mechanical engineering student , and am interested in banking sector, i am confused in some exams like what is ibps for.... i think ibps conducts exams for clerks and po for 19 banks but i also heard the bank po exams.. please tel me the right procedure for these 19 banks and also for others.. please .
You can apply in BANK PO exam is two process one is SBI and the another process is IBPS.The details of these two exams are given below.The minimum qualification for Bank PO exam is Graduation.

If you have completed graduation degree from recognized university then you are applicable for SBI PO exam.

But your age must be in between 21 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC candidate .For Sc/ST candidate have age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC candidate it is 3 years.

IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Service) conducts P.O. exam for 19 public sector banks from time to time as per requirement.

List of the Bank which are participate in BANK Po Exam-

Allahabad Bank
Andhra Bank
Bank of Baroda
Bank of India
Bank of Maharashtra
Canara Bank
Central Bank of India
Corporation Bank
Dena Bank
Indian Bank
Indian Overseas Bank
Oriental Bank of Commerce
Punjab National Bank
Punjab & Sind Bank
Syndicate Bank
Union Bank of India
United Bank of India
UCO Bank
Vijaya Bank

If you have completed Graduation degree then you are applicable for IBPS exam.There is no percentage criteria.But your age must be in between 21 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC candidate .

If you have qualify in IBPS Written exam then they will provide a score card.Th card validity is one year .In between 1 year you must apply list of 19 bank PO recruitment.

Banks are conduct on Interview for the post of PO .

For both PO exams , you must have the knowledge of computer language .

The written exam consists of questions from the following categories
  • Reasoning
  • Quantitative Aptitude
  • General Awareness
  • General English
  • Computer knowledge
So you should prepare well for PO exam.You are final year of Mechanical Engineering so you are now not applicable for Bank PO Exam so first complete your graduation degree, then definitely you are applicable for this course.

I have listed some books name , you must collect these books because you have 1 yr in hand .

List of the books-

Bank PO and Management Trainee ( Common Written Exam Guide) by RPH Editorial Board
Publisher :- Ramesh Publishing House

Bank PO Examination ( Practice Set Papers ) by Upsc Portal
Publisher :- Upsc Portal
Price :- Rs. 200

Bank PO Examination by Ashok Mehta/ Manish Arora/ S. L. Gulati/ IBPS (Auhtor)
Publisher :- New Light Publishers
Price :- Rs. 356

Bank PO Examination ( Solved Papers ) by Chandresh Agrawal
Publisher :- Priynka Prakashan
Price :- Rs. 240

Bank PO Examination ( Practice Workbook ) by Sanjeev Joon
Publisher :- Student Aid Publication
Price :- Rs. 220
11th October 2012, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How should I become a Bank PO if i am a final year mechanical engineering student

thank you so much biswarupyogi... so bank only conducts exams only for bank po and clerks.. is there any more exams in bank which requires graduation or for the senior management??
11th October 2012, 11:06 AM
exams1
Senior Member+

You can apply for IBPS PO exam as you are eligible for it.find below the required detail about the same.

Syllabus for IBPS PO Exam
Reasoning-50 MARKS
Quantitative Aptitude-50 MARKS
Computer Knowledge-50 MARKS
General Awareness-50 MARKS
English Knowledge-25 MARKS
English Descriptive Paper-25 MARKS

IBPS Exams Syllabus 2012
IBPS PO Exam 2012 has 5 sections.Each section has 50 Questions with Multiple choice Options(Objective type).Each section has 50 Marks weight age,except English Knowledge,it has only 25 marks of weight age.In English section,Each question carry 1/2 mark.On other hand,each question will carry 1 mark in other sections.Each and every section is very crucial for candidates,if you show negligence in any one section or failed,the over all results treated as Failed.

Thanks..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9788183554053.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	119899   Click image for larger version

Name:	bank-clerical-exam-reasoning-practice-work-book-275x275-imadfz62r5qhehtb.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	119900   Click image for larger version

Name:	BANK PO EXAM PATTERN  BANK CLERICAL EXAM PATTERN.jpg
Views:	604
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	119902  
Attached Images

11th October 2012, 11:53 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

I am a little bit surprised that after doing b.tech in mechanical engineering ,you desire for becoming P.O.Mechanical engineering is the evergreen trade in which there is always availability of jobs in public as well as private sector.

However,if you want to become P.O then I am providing you required information.

P.O stands for Probationary officer.It is a good and respectable post in all banks.

The basic qualification required for Bank P.O is :

Minimum of bachelor's degree in any stream from a university that has been approved by UGC.

Final year candidates are also allowed to give the examiantion.

Different banks have different passing % criteria of bachelor's degree.For example SBI needs at least 60 % marks in your graduation.

The age limitations is between 21-30 years.Age relaxation is provided to obc and sc/st.

After satisfying all these requirements ,you need to clear the entrance examinations conducted for bank P.O posts.

State Bank of India conducts its own entrance examination for clerk and P.O posts.So if you want to become P.O in SBI then you have to give SBI entrance examinations.

From the last two years IBPS (Institute of Banking and Personal selection ) conducts entrance examinations for post of clerk and probationary officer for 19 different nationalised banks.

The banks whcih comes under IBPS are as below:

Examination pattern of IBPS:

If you wish to apply please visit www.ibps.in/

Hope the information helps you.

all the best

aashisranjan784
11th October 2012, 08:18 PM
himanshudutt

are u sure final year engineering student can give the bank po exam ?? i want sure answer please.. reply
22nd February 2013, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for sbi po exam if i m a final year engineering student?
18th October 2013, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

sbi conducts bank po exam every year or not. please tell me.
1st August 2014, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

I am electronics engineer. I am poor in computer languages. Do I still have opportunity for banking exam?
30th November 2014, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

yes final year students awaiting their results, can apply but you do need to get all the marks cards and certificates before verification and interview
12th September 2015, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

i had 4 backlogs in my second semester which i had cleared in my 3rd semester and i have scored distinction in all my other semester without any backlogs and my aggregate score from 5th semester is 80% and i am a mechanical engineer,will there is any problem during verification or interview if i attained the bank po exam?
13th September 2015, 07:40 PM
JSD.

It is good to see that you are interested towards the bank PO.IBPS and SBI conduct the bank PO exam for the entry in bank as PO.

The basic eligibility criteria for this exam is to have a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognised university with good percentile. Also the age of appearing aspirants must lie in between 21 year to 30 years.

Final years aspirant are also eligible for this exam.As you are in the final year of your mechanical branch engineering so definitely you are eligible for this exam.
14th September 2015, 08:42 AM
kachhadiyaramesh

SBI PO and IBPS PO exam is conducted to appoint Probationary Officer in bank.After completion of your Mechanical Engineering , You can apply for PO Exam.

Eligibility
- You should have bachelor degree in any stream from recognized university.
- Your age should be less than 30 years of the examination year.

Selection
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Interview
- After qualifying the Preliminary Exam , You are eligible to appear in Main Exam.Final selection will be made on the basis of Interview performance.

Syllabus
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning
- English Language
- Data Interpretation
- Computer Knowledge
- General Awareness
14th September 2015, 04:47 PM
Rashmuu

Of course you can go for the Bank PO exam with your graduation degree's final year. You can go for the following two exam:-

SBI PO.
IBPS PO.

The eligibility criteria for the above both exams is , to have a graduation degree in stream, but from a recognised university with good percentile. The students who wish to appear in this exam, their age must lie in between 21 years to 30 years.
24th October 2015, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

Shall I start preparing for po as I am in 2nd year mechanical branch????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?