6th March 2012, 09:42 PM
Rahul.ak

How should I become IAS or IPS? I am a 12th Humanities student

Iam a +2 humanities student. I like to get IAS. But i don't no what i do next. Which cource i will take in digree? What i do next

7th March 2012, 11:09 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

Default Re: How should I become IAS or IPS? I am a 12th Humanities student

FRIEND,

You have first complete your graduation and then you will be eligible to appear in the IAS or IPS exams which is called CIVIL SERVICES EXAM and it is conducted every year once.

The Selection is conducted in three stages:

1)CSAT
2)MAINS
3)PERSONAL INTERVIEW.

[SIZE="3"]ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE EXAM IS:
[/SIZE]

1)You must be an INDIAN Citizen

2)Your educational qualification must be a graduation in any field from any recognized University.

3)If you are in the final year of graduation then also you are eligible for the exam.

4)Your age must be between 21 years to 30 years.

Relaxation for the Reserved categories
  • FOR SC/ST : 5 years
  • FOR OBC : 3 years
5)NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:
  • FOR GENERAL CATEGORY: 4 Attempts
  • FOR SC/ST CATEGORY : No limit
  • FOR OBC CATEGORY : 7 attempts

APPLICATION FORM: You can fill it online or Offline.The Application form is free for reserved categories.The Cost of Application form is Rs 100/ only.

To fill the form you can check the website www.upsconline.nic.in or you can buy it from the designated post offices across the country.

->THE LIST OF SUBJECTS WHICH ARE OPTIONAL ARE:

->THE SCHEME OF EXAMINATION FOR THE CIVIL SERVICES EXAM IS:

So friend start preparing from now onwards and you will be able to clear the exam of IAS.

GOOD LUCK.
7th March 2012, 01:47 PM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: How should I become IAS or IPS? I am a 12th Humanities student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul.ak View Post
Iam a +2 humanities student. I like to get IAS. But i don't no what i do next. Which cource i will take in digree? What i do next
Dear Friend

If you are aspiring to become an IAS/IPS officer then you have to appear in Civil Service Exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission:-UPSC once in a year.

IAS:- Indian Administrative Service

IPS:- Indian Police Service

Basic requirements to join IAS/IPS:

You should have qualified in Graduation degree course in any specialization from recognized institute.

You can also apply while in final years of above such program.

There is no restriction on percentage.

Your Age must be with in 21 to 30years(for OBC- 21 to 33years & for SC/ST -21 to 35years)

Must have Indian Citizenship.

Quote:
Iam a +2 humanities student. I like to get IAS. But i don't no what i do next. Which cource i will take in digree?
For your kind information, you can choose any course for Degree preogram as there is no restriction on Graduation stream for IAS.

So You are free to choose any stream that is best suitable for you...thats all

So after 12th please complete your degree course in any suitable stream after that you will be eligible to become an IAS/IPS officer by appearing in Civil Service Exam.

>>>For More detail regarding IAS/IPS exam & future notification you can visit UPSC official website: http://upsc.gov.in
7th March 2012, 05:22 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

It is very good to aspire be an IAS/IPS officer when pursing 12th. The early preparation must achieve you sure success.

IAS/IPS-INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE/INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, To be an IAS/IPS officer one has to appear and crack Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years which the upper age is relaxed up to 5 years for SC/ST candidate and for OBC candidate up to 3 years.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

If you are interested for IAS/IPS you should first complete your Graduation Degree so that you are eligible to apply for Civil Service exam.

For more information you may log on to official website of UPSC i.e.www.upsc.gov.in
13th April 2013, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

are there better chances to become ias after taking humanities as a subject
13th April 2013, 08:19 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Whether you want to join Indian Administrative Service (IAS) or the Indian Police Service (IPS) you will have to appear for the Civil Services Examination. It is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

Now since you have completed 12th standard, the next move would be to apply for graduation course. You can pick any graduation course as per your interest. It could be Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Computer Science, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Technology etc.

Any bachelor course is sufficient enough to apply for the Civil Services Examination. Upon completing the degree you will be able to apply for the exam. The forms are made available by the UPSC during the first quarter of the year which means January to March.

Eligibility

1. For Civil Services Exam, you should be Indian citizen.

2. Bachelor degree is enough to apply for it.

3. No minimum percentage criteria for the exam.

4. Lower age limit is 21 years.

5. Upper age limit is 30 years.

6. Upper age is relaxed up to 3 years but only for OBC.

7. SC/ST are given relief of 5 years by UPSC.

Exam Pattern

Once you have filled the forms you will be called for the Preliminary Exam that is conducted in May or June of the same year in which you filled the form. There are two written tests in this exam.

Only if you passed the preliminary exam the UPSC will call you for the Main Exam that will take place couple of months later in August or September. Here you will have to clear 9 written tests.

After the written tests are over you will be called for personal intervie.
15th April 2013, 11:36 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Rahul,

The acronym for IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

The acronym for IPS is Indian Police Services.

If, you really want to be an IAS or IPS officer, you will have to appear for the civil services examination.

Civil services examination is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) every year for IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS.

The eligibility criteria required for the civil services examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any stream from any recognized college or university.

* Final year contenders are also eligible.

* Age limit:- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contenders.

* No. of attempts:- 4 for General, 7 for OBC and no limits for SC/ST contenders.

* Nationality:- Indian.

The selection procedure for the civil services examination are prescribed as below:-

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Personnel interview.

The civil services examination syllabus:-

The civil services examination pattern:-

27th April 2013, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

WHAT ARE THE MAIN SUBJECT IN IAS EXAM
29th April 2013, 12:47 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

IPS(Indian Police Service) or IAS(Indian Administrative Services)exams are conducted by UPSC every year.
After 12th you are not eligible for this exam .To apply for IPS/IAS exam minimum qualification required is Graduation from a recognized University.

Eligibility criteria in Details:
Educational Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts:
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs.
If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

How to apply:
•Apply online by using the website
http://www.upsconline.nic.in
•Apply offline by purchasing the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.

For complete details go to
http://www.upsc.gov.in

29th April 2013, 10:18 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can opt for Graduation and should start your preparation from 1st year of the Graduation.

When you complete your Graduation you will be eligible for IAS/IPS examination i.e Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC.

If you start your preparation from now onwards then you will be very well prepared for the IAS exam after completion of your Graduation.

You can prepare through self study or join some good coaching institute.

The age required for IAS exam is 21 to 30 years for General category. Age relaxation is available for other categories.

Number of attempts are limit for General and OBC category means you have to be well prepared when you are applying for IAS Exam .

The exam has following stages and you have to clear it with merit marks:

-Preliminary Exam

-Mains Exam

-Interview

For more information you can visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th April 2013, 11:32 AM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul.ak View Post
HI!

CIVIL SERVICES

If you want to become I.A.S officer then you have to pass Graduation with any stream.

After passing 12th with Arts go for graduation course like:-
> B.B.A
> B.A
> B.C.A
> Hotel Management
etc

After passing graduation you have to qualify the Civil Services exam.

Civil Services exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Civil Services exam is conducted for many post like:-
> I.A.S
> I.P.S
> I.F.S
> I.R.S
etc

Age limit for Civil Services exam is 21-30 year.
For ST/SC candidate 21-37 year.

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 20 Rs.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

There are three state of selection:-
> Prelims Exam
> Mains Exam
> Interview

ALL THE BEST!
6th September 2021, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

i want to become an ips officer . what should i prepare now in class 11for crack the upsc exam after 12
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?