19th July 2013, 12:48 PM
Akram shadab

How should I prepare for civil services?

Respected sir/madam i do prepration for civil services so plz guide me THANKS

5th May 2015, 10:48 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare for civil services?

Civil Services examination is one of the toughest entrance examination of India conducted at bachelor's degree level by UPSC.

It gives you opportunity to join different services like Indian Administrative Services, Indian Police Services etc.

Competition is tough because seats are less and number of candidates appearing is very high. However nothing is impossible to crack in this world if you have strong determination, dedication and devotion towards your goal. Hard and smart work plays a vital role in clearing this exam.

This exam has three stages:

>>Preliminary stage.

>>Mains examination

>>Personal interview.

You need to clear the preliminary exam to appear for the mains exam. Your selection depends upon your performance in Mains exam and personal interview.

>>The basic thing to start preparing for Civil Services is to go through the NCERT books of social science and science right from class sixth to 10+2. Social science covers economics, political science, geography and History.

So you need to build fundamentals of each and every subjects. Preliminary exam is of objective type and Mains exam is of subjective type.

Civil Services Aptitude test is second paper of Preliminary exam. So work on aptitude problems, english grammar and practice Comprehension as much as possible.

>>Update yourself with the latest current affairs, read daily newspapers, prefer The Hindu.

Work on scheduled routine, assigning time slots for different subjects. See previous years papers to analyze which type of questions are generally asked.

Never lose heart, also motivate yourself that you can crack the exam. Anyone who cracks this exam is from same planet and has 24 hours only. So you can also do it.
15th May 2015, 01:50 AM
saibaban

Default Re: How should I prepare for civil services?

hi frnd

This exam has three stages:

==>>Preliminary stage.

==>>Mains examination

==>>Personal interview.

You need to clear the preliminary exam to appear for the mains exam.

Your selection depends upon your performance in Mains exam and personal interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?