6th May 2011, 01:58 PM
ranjith kp

How to start preparing for IAS? Qualification required for the same?

how to prepare for IAS and what are the qualification

6th May 2011, 03:27 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to start preparing for IAS? Qualification required for the same?

Hello friend,
To be an IAS officer, you will have to appear for civil service exam, conducted by UPSC. Candidates who are among the highest scorers, are selected for IAS.
To be eligible for the exam, you must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
1. You must hold a bachelors degree from a recognized university, in any stream
2. You must be within the age limit of 21-30 years.
Maximum age limit is relaxed upto 5 years for SC/St and 3 years for OBC.

The application form can be obtained from the designated post offices/head post offices, after the notification published by UPSC.
Apart from this, you may also apply online through www.upsconline.nic.in.

Now as far as preparation is concerned, you must go through the format of the examination.

Paper 1
Current events of national and international importance
History of India and Indian national movement
Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change
General science.

Paper 2
Comprehension
Interpersonal skills including communication skills
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level),
Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level)
English language comprehension skills (Class X level)

The Main exam comprises of 4 compulsory subjects and Two optional Papers.
The compulsory subjects for the Main exam are
One Indian language,
English,
Essay and
General studies.

The optional subjects are as follows
Agriculture Mathematics, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Mechanical Engineering Botany, Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics, Commerce,Political Science ,Economics ,Psychology Electrical Engineering Public Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian,History, Zoology,Law.

To do well in examination, you must join a good coaching center, read updated study materials and prepare as per the syllabus and previous years question papers.
For previous years question papers, you may refer to the official website of UPSC.
6th May 2011, 03:35 PM
akashakash04

Default Re: How to start preparing for IAS? Qualification required for the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith kp View Post
you should be graduate for giving the the entrance of IAS .
and you start the preparing parllel to graduation with the required course .
6th May 2011, 04:12 PM
neerajshuran

dear,if talk about the minimum qualification is required for IAS is graduation.and the prepration is all about your self ,what callibur you have and what knowledge you about your subject which will you choose for your ias exam
6th May 2011, 06:04 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to start preparing for IAS? Qualification required for the same?

Quote:
All the details about IAS are

IAS is an central service and also deeply regarded as the most prestigious job..

Like this service there are other 24 services for which a common entrance test is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)

The main basic eligibility criteria for Civils Service Examination

->Candidate must have 21 years of age

->Candidate must complete at least degree from a recognized Indian University

this is all about the basic eligibility criteria of CSE

As per your qualification if you have completed Degree then definitely you are eligible for the exam..

You can go through the examination code for Civil Service Examination in the official website of UPSC

i.e.

www.upsc.gov.in

Preparation tips for IAS are

Preparation for IAS can be done in different way according to the tastes and preference of the individual

each and every individual will have different methods and techniques to achieve their respective goals..

but very important fact is all the plans will have the following main qualities..

-> You should strongly determine towards your goal..

-> You should be well aware of what the syllabus and pattern..

-> You should also be hard working and also a smart planner of the preparation..

-> you should make smart plans according to the time available for the exam

This is all about eligibility and Preparation for IAS

Regards

~AdityA~
6th May 2011, 07:01 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

The eligibility criteria of IAS is as follows-

1.Age limit:

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relax-able for SCs/STs, OBC's and defense personnel).

SC/ST - upto a maximum of 5 years.

OBC - upto a maximum of 3 years.

Defense personnel - upto a maximum of 5 years.

2. Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree in any stream by a recognized university.

3. No. of permissible attempts :

For general candidates Four attampts

Seven attempts of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs .

3. Fee :

Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)

4. Paper pattern for prelims:

1. Optional Subjects (300 marks)

2. General Studies (150 marks)

For more details you may visit-
http://www.upsc.gov.in/

All the best....
7th May 2011, 05:06 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

To be an IAS officer, you will have to appear for civil service exam, conducted by UPSC. Candidates who are among the highest scorers, are selected for IAS.
To be eligible for the exam, you must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
1. You must hold a bachelors degree from a recognized university, in any stream
2. You must be within the age limit of 21-30 years.
Maximum age limit is relaxed upto 5 years for SC/St and 3 years for OBC.

The application form can be obtained from the designated post offices/head post offices, after the notification published by UPSC.
Apart from this, you may also apply online through www.upsconline.nic.in.
18th May 2011, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

can a private degree student can give ias paper
19th May 2011, 11:27 PM
Ucco

IAS is one of the respectable designation in India.The IAS exam is conducted by UPSC.The IAS exam is conducted in three phases-CSAT, Main Exam and Interview.
The eligibility criteria includes that you must be a graduate from a UGC recognized university.The age limit is 21-30 years.But there is some relaxation for SC/ST/OBC.Also there is only for attempts are allowed to General candidate.So one should appear the exam with full preparation.You can join any coaching institute for preparation of IAS.To crack the IAS you must have depth knowledge of the subject you opt and also you need to updated with all latest happenings.
12th June 2011, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

i want 2 knw about the fee structure
17th June 2011, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

which are the two best optional subjects which i will choose for ias main exam???
5th July 2011, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

WHICH ARE THE DIFFERENT CIVIL SERVICE JOBS
8th July 2011, 10:54 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

Read the details carefully:-

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relax able for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories.

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attempts of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs.

all the best.
16th July 2011, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

direct degree from a recognised university with out s.s.c is elligible for ias or not,please answer my question.I have done my s.s.cand dmlt but changed my name in my degree certificate.so i need ur suggesion.please help.
3rd January 2012, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

in which languages we can give this exam?
24th February 2012, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

In which languages we can give this exam ?
26th February 2012, 12:48 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
for giving ias exam, the student must have done graduation in any field with at least 60% marks. the age limit for the exam is 21 to 30 years which can increase to 35 years for sc/st students.
if you are having these qualifications, then only you can give the exam.
there will be three rounds in the exam. firstly, you will have to give the preliminary exam. this exam will be of objective questions.
after qualifying in that exam, you will have to give the main exam, which will be in written form.
after passing both the exams, you will be called for the personal interview.
after passing that interview, you will become an ias officer.
the notification regarding the exam comes in the employment news.
for more details regarding the exam, you can visit
www.upsc.gov.in
8th May 2012, 08:28 AM
Unregistered

hello sir

i want to know that am i prepaer ias exam, i have doen my mba in marketing and graduation in hindi and physcology

please reply
2nd June 2012, 06:09 PM
jasminsree

Quote:

Hello,

Minimum eligibility for IAS is:

1.Age Limit:
21-30 years Relaxable upto 5 yrs in case of OBC candidate)

2.Educational Qualification:
Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university with at least one of the following subjects Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering

3.Max Attempts:
Four(Seven attempts for SC/ST)

4.FEE:
Rs.100/-

I hope you have got the required info as you asked for.
Feel free to ask for more.

Good Luck!

2nd June 2012, 06:24 PM
priyankasree

Smile Re: How to start preparing for IAS? Qualification required for the same?

Quote:
hi friend,

To Appear In IAS Exams, You Must Have Attained The Age Of 21 years and not be over 30 years Only then You Are eligible to Appear In This Exams.

And If You Have Passed In Your Bacholar Degree, Then You Can Apply for The IAS Exams. So, If You Have Completed Your Bacholar Degree With A Recognised University Then You Are Eligible to Appear In IAS Exams.

And If You Are In Final Year of Your Exams, Then You Can Also Apply for This Exams. The General Candidates Will Get Only Four Attempts In This Exams.

So, If You Want to Get More Information Regarding IAS Exams, Then Please Visit The Official Websites.

good luck
19th June 2012, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

which subject is best for gradution to flight i.a.s. exam
3rd December 2012, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

what are the qualities chosen apart from the exams in the interview time ?
10th December 2012, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

can i appear exam before graduation?
30th December 2012, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

I have compldted my bacholr degre in 18year so i can tray the ias exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?