19th July 2011, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

How to study Ph.D in German University?

sir i want t to study in phd in germany university guide me...please tell me

Related Questions:
  1. How to study Ph.D in German University?
  2. How many levels of german language course should I complete to study MS in German university? I am pursuing B.Tech in bio medical with 72% marks and scored 1120 marks in GRE.
  3. Admission procedure, fee expenses and scholarships available to study PhD in Germany/UK for M.Sc(Biotechnology) candidate?
  4. How to study German language? In what way German universities will test language proficiency? -- [New]
  5. University nearby Koln to pursue MBA?
  6. Schorarship for PhD in physics in Germany?
  7. How can I get full scholarship to study in Germany to study Plasma Physics?
  8. Which level of German Language is necessary to study Master's in Machine Design in any university in Germany? Can I get a fee exemption if score more than 60% in B.E.? German universities accept TOEFL scorecard?
  9. Am I eligible for admission in German Universities for Masters?
  10. M.S in Mechanical Engineering in Germany? Is knowing German necessary? Exams required for the same?
  11. Any professor in Germany to coach to me for Ph.D physics?
  12. Which exam I should give for doing Civil engineering in German University?
  13. ::Scholarship Announcement:: -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How much salary is expected in German Embassy?
  15. How my I get admission in German university for B.Tech course? I have completed my diploma
  16. Is it possible to pursue MA through correspondence in German from Pune University? Is there any entrance exam be held for the same? I have completed the advance diploma in German from Pune university
  17. List of entrance exams to study PhD in Microbiology in any UGC approved University
  18. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study PhD in Calcutta University?
28th June 2015, 05:49 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to study Ph.D in German University?

You must have to fulfill the following for getting access to your current problem.

** Getting your post-graduate degree recognized institute.

** Applying for a residence permit.

** Finding a doctoral position,

and financing your research stay.

My suggestion to you is that you should go for he research in your interested field. Never go for the scope as we will not able to perform our best in non interested field.
22nd June 2019, 03:06 PM
Himaniii
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to study Ph.D in German University?

To study for a PhD in Germany:--

You will generally need to have completed a minimum of eight semesters of academic study prior to the doctorate.

The final qualification you obtained must be equivalent to a German Masters degree.

Your previous higher education degree/s must also be recognised by the Dean's Office (Dekanat) or Board of Examiners (Promotionsausschuss) at your university.

Exceptionally well-qualified international students may be admitted onto a PhD with a Bachelor degree (fast-track programme), for this you will typically have to complete an entrance examination.

Language requirements
The language requirements for a PhD in Germany will depend on the programme you apply for.

Structured doctoral programmes are typically taught in English. If this isn’t your first language you may have to complete an English language proficiency test, such as the TOEFL or IELTS. Individual institutions will set their required scores for these tests.

Traditional PhDs may require you to write your thesis in German (though some institutions allow thesis completion in other languages). Therefore, you may need to prove your German language proficiency. Your knowledge of German will need to be certified through a TestDaF or DSH.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?