8th August 2012, 02:29 PM
arshirahman

How to take admission in IIT Kanpur in Ph.D? What is the percentage required in post graduation to appear for the exam?

If I will do M.A in economics then how will i take admission in IIT Kanpur in phd please give me the answer I am searching the full detail to which entrance should i have to give either Gate or Net & what are the percentage required in post graduation to appear the entrance exam

Related Questions:
  1. How much percentage is required in post graduation to get admission for B.Ed course?
  2. After M.Ed can I do PhD in Education? What other higher studies options are there?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for CAT if secured 47% in CAT being an OBC student? -- [New]
  4. Queries regarding the PO exam to be held
  5. Is a girl candidate with 0.5+ eyesight and 5ft and 1 inch height be eligible for Air Force? What is the percentage required in 12th?
  6. How much percentage is required to get admission in top colleges in Punjab?
  7. How much is the percentage required in graduation for admission in MBA
  8. Eligibility for admission in NIFT after B.Com and minimum percentage required -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Is there any post graduate Law course? Percentage required in graduation for that?
  10. How much percentage is required to get admission in top law colleges in Punjab to do 3rd year law degree?
  11. Is it possible to register myself for NET while studying MBA IT/Marketing?
  12. What is the eligibility criteira for UGC NET? I have scored 55% marks
  13. Which courses are available in Kanpur after B.Com? What is the minimum percentage required in B.Com for admission in company secretary course?
  14. Can I give SBI PO exam if scored 54% in Graduation and 60% in PG?
  15. What's the minimum percentage is required in graduation for bank PO exam for OBC categories?
  16. How to take admission in company secretary course after graduating in B.Com from Kanpur University?
  17. Minimum percentage required in graduation for admission in ICWA intermediate?
  18. Required Percentage of marks in all the academic levels to be eligible for CAT and MAT Exams? Required score in the Entrance Exams to get admission in a top college?
6th March 2013, 04:16 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Wink Re: How to take admission in IIT Kanpur in Ph.D? What is the percentage required in post graduation to appear for the exam?

INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, KANPUR

Hi, if you want to take admission in IIT Kanpur, then you have to write NET/GATE exam, it will give you a better advantage.

>>IIT Kanpur offers Ph.D. Programme in Humanities and Social Sciences in the following branches:-

Economics, English Literature and Linguistics, Philosophy, Psychology, and Sociology

So, if you want to apply for it, you have to be:-

1. at least 55% marks or a CPI of 5.5 (on a 10-point scale) at the MA/B.Tech. level.

2.there will be written test and interview.

3.Assistantship will be given to those who have passed an all-India test (NET) conducted by the CSIR/UGC/GATE etc.

4.Stipend ranges from Rs. 8000 to 16000 according to latest rules.

>>They take students twice a year, but you have to apply early, and you can apply to

The Convenor
Postgraduate Committee
Department of HSS
IIT Kanpur
Kanpur 208 016
Tel: 0512-2597155, 2597632

All the best!! Hope this helps!!
6th March 2013, 07:12 PM
anithamarychacko
Member+

Default Re: How to take admission in IIT Kanpur in Ph.D? What is the percentage required in post graduation to appear for the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshirahman View Post
If I will do M.A in economics then how will i take admission in IIT Kanpur in phd please give me the answer I am searching the full detail to which entrance should i have to give either Gate or Net & what are the percentage required in post graduation to appear the entrance exam
The Ph.D. programme of the Department in IIT Kanpur is offered in the following disciplines: Economics, English Literature and Linguistics, Philosophy, Psychology, and Sociology.

The essential qualifications for being considered for admission include at least 55% marks or a CPI of 5.5 (on a 10-point scale) at the MA/B.Tech. level. The candidates should also have passed an all-India test (e. g. NET) conducted by the CSIR/UGC/GATE.

Eligibility

Ph.D (Engineering): M.Tech/M.E./M.Sc (Engg) degree in the respective or allied area
The candidates with bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or master’s degree in Sciences in an allied area with exceptional academic record and possessing a valid GATE score may also apply

For Ph.D in BSBE, candidates with MBBS, B.Pharma or M.Pharma degree may also apply
Candidates with master’s degree in management may apply for Ph.D in Industrial and Management Engineering (IME)

Ph.D (Sciences and HSS): M.Sc/M.A. degree in respective or allied area with a valid GATE/UGC/CSIR score

Financial aid (Assistantship/Scholarship) is available for Ph.D students
Admission for sponsored and part time candidates is also open to the Ph.D programmes
Sponsored/part-time candidates are not required to qualify GATE
11th September 2013, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to take admission in IIT Kanpur in Ph.D? What is the percentage required in post graduation to appear for the exam?

i completed MTECH in computer science. should i need to take NET or GATE exam to get admission into phd in IIT. please suggest me in this regard.
10th January 2014, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to get admission in phd programme with 55 percent in post gradutation.
4th April 2014, 02:11 AM
Unregistered

It is possible to get direct admission in ph.d sociology at iit kanpur after M.phil
3rd January 2015, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

how do we need to apply for the phd program(economics) 2 iit kanpur.plz help me out wid d relevant information.
11th July 2016, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

I am a Hindi medium student,can I do phd in sociology n apply in itt kanpur?
27th October 2017, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my Masters in Economics and scored more than 55% under the Calcutta University, West Bengal. I haven't qualified the NET exam yet. Can I take admission in the Ph.D. course of the IIT Kanpur by clearing the written exam of the IIT Kanpur? can you please provide me the time of exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?