9th January 2011, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

I will be completing graduation this year but am 20 years old now, Can I appear for IAS preliminary examination?

i am now 20 and in this 2011 i will complete my ug am i eligible to write ias prilims of 2011 june

9th January 2011, 11:46 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I will be completing graduation this year but am 20 years old now, Can I appear for IAS preliminary examination?

the eligibility criterion to appear in IAS preliminary you must be graduate from any recognized university.

the age criterion is you must be in between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. but you are saying that your age will be 20 at the time of IAS examination. so you will not be eligible to appear in IAS preliminary examination for this year.

i will suggest you to be prepare for IAS examination from this year to appear in the examination in next year with more strength.

best wishes.
9th January 2011, 01:13 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: I will be completing graduation this year but am 20 years old now, Can I appear for IAS preliminary examination?

No, eligible age to appear for UPSC is 21-30 yrs only.
9th January 2011, 01:50 PM
saswata06

No,You have to be minimum 21 years of age to appear in the IAS exam.So study hard and prepare yourself for future.
9th January 2011, 02:49 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

You just need to wait for 1 year for gaining the eligibility age status.For attending the CSAT examination you need to have a minimum age of 21.

Its better that you start preparation from now itself.As you know the exam pattern has changed so its better that you download the syllabus from the following link and start your preparation from now onwards.You can even get details about the application and other such details in the following link

www.upscexam.com/upsc_examinations/civil_services_examination_cse/

You can get all the details in the above link else visit the official website of the UPSC

http://www.upsc.gov.in
9th January 2011, 04:45 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

As per the norms the minimum age required in 21 years. Since you age currently is 20 years you will have to wait for one year more. Do not get discouraged. This gives you more time to prepare. Select your optional subjects and start preparing so that you crack at the first attempt.
9th January 2011, 05:58 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...
you would be not eligible for the ias exam this year but don't worry, you have almost ten years for the preparation of the ias exam,if you prepare for almost two years from now on ,you can easily clear it ,
all the best
9th January 2011, 08:40 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

According to UPSC rule minimum age requirement will be 21 and maximum will be 30.Though you are a graduate but you are presently under age to apply.

So you can not apply in this year but you can apply next year.
9th January 2011, 09:57 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Eligibilty criteria requires that you shuold have completed your degree or shuold in final year.Also you should be of 21 years.So you will not be allowed to attempt exam.You can prepare and try for it next year.

Best Of Luck!!!!!!!
9th January 2011, 10:18 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

No, I think You are Not Eligible for Appear In IAS Prem. Examinations. Because If you want to appear In IAS exams Then You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years.

So, You are Now 20 Years, then You are Not eligible for Appear In this Year, Please appear for This exams Next Year, Till then Keep Practice and Work Hard for This exams. Then definately You will Score Good Marks In IAS exams Next Year.

So, Till You are Not Eligible Because Your Age is Only 20 Years. After Completing 20 Years You are Eligible for IAS Examinations.
9th January 2011, 10:47 PM
sonu1234

the age criterion is you must be in between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. but you are saying that your age will be 20 at the time of IAS examination. so you will not be eligible to appear in IAS preliminary examination for this year.
10th January 2011, 01:14 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

No, you are not eligible for IAS preliminary examination because according to IAS eligibility criteria you must have a degree with minimum age of 21 years.

So, as you are 20 years old then you can't appear in the exams this year.

Work hard for the next session.

Good luck...
12th January 2011, 03:36 PM
rahul_kumar066

No, you are not eligible for Ias in this year because you are 20 years and according to Ias eligibily a candidate must be graduate and 21 to 30 years.
25th January 2011, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

my date of birth is 01-06-1992. in which year i am attempd the ias prilims exam?..please tell me.
18th March 2011, 05:44 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Exclamation Re: I will be completing graduation this year but am 20 years old now, Can I appear for IAS preliminary examination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my date of birth is 01-06-1992. in which year i am attempd the ias prilims exam?..please tell me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am now 20 and in this 2011 i will complete my ug am i eligible to write ias prilims of 2011 june
No!! You are not eligible for the IAS prelims as yet.

Its good to be ambitious, but then the time also needs to right for that.

The minimum age requirement for the IAS prelims is 21 years of age as on 1st August of the year of exam.

Now as you both want to appear for the IAS prelims 2011, so you are not eligible as you need to be 21 by 1st August 2011. As you cannot be 21 by the aforesaid date, so you are not eligible for the IAS 2011 prelims.

Also, note that the minimum educational qualification required for IAS is a graduation degree in any field from a recognized university.You can also apply in the final year of the course.

So, once you have completed graduation and attained 21 years of age, then you can apply.

For further details, visit:

www.upsc.gov.in
5th April 2011, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

how much time requried 2 complete ias ?
14th June 2011, 03:35 PM
sachin6

The eligibility for ias exam : 1)you can finished one degree course. 2)the age limit is 21 to 30 years.but your age is 20.wait for one year and then you prepared for exams.
22nd March 2013, 11:23 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

No you cannot as the age criteria for the exam is 21-30 yrs..
So you can apply for when you will attain the age of 21 yrs..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?