20th February 2018, 02:01 AM
Unregistered

I'm in merchant Navy and have 3 years of experience as well. Can I do course in Marine Engineering now?

I am Sarabjeet Singh in Merchant Navy from 2012 I have done go rating and sail as as of now I have 36 months experience in deck department. But I want to do Marine Engineering. Is it possible for me do to this and my age is now 27 years.

21st May 2018, 01:37 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I'm in merchant Navy and have 3 years of experience as well. Can I do course in Marine Engineering now?

Eligibility Criteria:
Students are requested to read the below mentioned eligibility criteria carefully to know whether they eligible for doing Marine Engineering or not.

Academic Requirements:
Candidates should complete 10+2 class in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
Age Requirements:
Candidates age must be below 25 years.
Physical Requirements:
Candidates eyesight should be 6/6 in both eyes with no colour blindness. They should be adventurous to do Marine Engineering because most of the jobs after completing Marine Engineering will be adventurous.

*** Many colleges also conduct entrance tests to give admission. So, in this cases, you have to crack the entrance test with good rank in order to get admission.
>> You didn't mention your academic qualifications and physical fitness. So, if you satisfy the above eligibility criteria, then only you are eligible to do Marine Engineering.

Good Universities for Marine Engineering:
Some of the good universities which offer Marine Engineering are listed below.
>>Indian Marytime University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
>>Vales Academy of Marytime studies, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
>>Tolani Marytime University, Mumbai, Maharashtra
>>International Marytime Academy, Tamil Nadu
>>International Marytime Institute, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
23rd May 2018, 02:49 PM
Queryasker
Junior Member+

Default Re: I'm in merchant Navy and have 3 years of experience as well. Can I do course in Marine Engineering now?

Good detail answer.. But, dear Shantanu sir, I would like to know the full Physical requirements of Merchant Navy... Please provide me as soon as possible. Thank you in advance..
27th May 2018, 12:48 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Thank you Queryasker for your feedback. I will definitely let you know about the full physical requirements to become Merchant Navy.
Physical Requirements:
>> Candidates having height and weight respectively less than 150 cm and 42 Kg will be rejected.
For female applicants, the height and weight may be reduced by 5 cm (2”) and 3 kg respectively.
>> Candidates eyesight should be 6/6 with no colour blindness.
>>Candidates chest expansion should be minimum 5 cm.
>>There should be no disease or impairment of functions of bones or joints, contracture or of deformity of chest or any joint, abnormal curvature of spine, deformity of feet like bow legs, knock knees, flat feet, deformity of upper limbs. If candidates have any of the diseases mentioned above will be disqualified.
>> Candidates should have no impediment of speech.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?