16th April 2016, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for merchant navy after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

Hello sir/madam my self manoj kumar from bilaspur (himachal pardesh). I'm perusing a diploma in mechanical engineer.can i join merchant navy after completed my diploma.I'm a 22years old. Am I eligible to apply for merchant navy after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?
  2. Will I be able to get job in Merchant Navy after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 72.44%?
  3. What is the procedure followed to get into merchant navy after diploma?
  4. What should i do after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering for finding a better post in Merchant Navy?
  5. Am I eligible to apply for merchant navy after completion of diploma in electronics? What is the procedure followed to apply for Merchant Navy?
  6. What should I do next after completion of my diploma course in Electronics? Am I eligible for Merchant Navy?
  7. How to join merchant navy after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for merchant navy in shipping course after completion of diploma in computer engineering?
  9. Is it possible to join MErchant Navy after completion of Diploma without 12th?
  10. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
  11. How to join Merchant Navy after passing diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Procedure to apply in Merchant Navy after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  13. Can I join Merchant Navy after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  14. How to join Merchant navy after completion of Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
  15. How to join Merchant Navy after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  16. Can I do merchant navy if currently doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  17. Can a Mechanical Engineering B.Tech student apply for Merchant Navy? Will the course suit the Mechanical Engineers?
  18. Can I apply for merchant navy if I am a diploma holder in mechanical engineering
17th April 2016, 03:51 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for merchant navy after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

You can go for Pre-Sea training course of 2 years in order to become a class IV Marine Engineer. After that with experience and further examinations, you might be very much eligible to opt for higher posts and reach to the post of a Chief Engineer which is the highest post possible in the engine side of merchant navy.
17th April 2016, 08:18 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for merchant navy after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

Definitely you will be eligible for the Merchant Navy after completion of your diploma in Mechanical Engineering. For applying in the merchant navy you must have to score at least 50% marks in your diploma from any well recognized institute. Also your age is perfect for applying merchant navy(Maximum 28 years).
You also have to fulfill some physical standards for merchant navy like
- You should not have any colour blindness.
- You should be physically fit.
- You should be mentally strong.
- Eyesight 6/6 without glasses.
17th April 2016, 08:44 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir/madam my self manoj kumar from bilaspur (himachal pardesh). I'm perusing a diploma in mechanical engineer.can i join merchant navy after completed my diploma.I'm a 22years old. Am I eligible to apply for merchant navy after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
No, you are not eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Those candidates who have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school are eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?