10th August 2013, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

Information about merchant navy? I have passed B.E in electrical branch with 60%

Respected sir,
I am student of engineering. I have passed BE in electrical branch with 60% and i & my college friends wont to more information about merchant nevy. So please send me the procedure for joining the merchant nevy. We are awaiting of your mail...........
Thanking you,

10th August 2016, 09:11 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Information about merchant navy? I have passed B.E in electrical branch with 60%

A mechanical/ Electrical/ Technology engineer have various opportunity in Merchant Navy like Engine Cadet/ Fifth Engineer/ Junior Engineer. The candidate has to clear Merchant Navy entrance exam to join Merchant Navy.

Eligibility criteria required for Merchant Navy are as follows:-

-The candidate having a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Marine Engineering or a Degree of B.Sc in Nautical Science degree can join in the navigation or marine engineering branch of Merchant Navy .

- The candidate must have secured a minimum of 60% in Graduation degree without any backlogs.

- The candidate age should not be more than 25 years.

-The candidate should not suffer from color blindness and should have a eyesight of 6/6.

-The physical requirement for joining Merchant Navy are

* Height - 167 cm

* Weight - 50 kg

* Chest - 77 cm (without expansion) and 82 cm ( with expansion)

The selection procedure involves of;

*Written Exam.

*Physical Test

* Medical Test

*Personality Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?