31st March 2012, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

Is Maths necessary for M.A Economics?

math should be for m.a in economics??...please tell me whether is it really required

3rd April 2012, 03:18 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Maths necessary for M.A Economics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
math should be for m.a in economics??...please tell me whether is it really required
The eligibility criteria of each universities offering MA in Economics varies.
In Jawaharlal Nehru University, candidate willing to pursue MA Economics must have their graduation in any of the following subjects with Maths or Statistics as one of the subjects:
Economics-Mathematics-Statistics-Physics-Engineering

However, in University of Delhi and many other universities, candidates holding a bachelors degree in any stream may apply if he/she has scored a minimum of 60% in graduation or 55% in Economic (Hons.) are considered eligible to apply for the course.

Mathematics in graduation is not mandatory to be considered eligible for MA Economics in most of the Universities, whereas in few, it is. So, basically, it depends which university you want to pursue the course from and therefore, you must refer to the official website of the Universities for proper information.
24th July 2012, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

please mention the list of colleges that offer MA Economics where maths is not required ?
25th July 2012, 02:30 PM
sheelasnj

The eligibility criteria of each universities offering MA in Economics varies.
In Jawaharlal Nehru University, candidate willing to pursue MA Economics must have their graduation in any of the following subjects with Maths or Statistics as one of the subjects:
Economics-Mathematics-Statistics-Physics-Engineering

However, in University of Delhi and many other universities, candidates holding a bachelors degree in any stream may apply if he/she has scored a minimum of 60% in graduation or 55% in Economic (Hons.) are considered eligible to apply for the course.
13th September 2014, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

I didnot have maths in higher secondary...now i'm doing graduation in economics....can i take admission in delhi university for master degree in future?
23rd February 2015, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

i didnt have maths or stats in graduation but i have economics......can i do m.a in economics??
5th January 2016, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

I have economics as one of the discipline in bachelors, can I take up a masters degree then?
5th September 2018, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

I'm pursuing BA prog. With economics as discipline subject from Du itself , am I eligible for M.A. economics from Du as I don't have mathematics as my core subject ?
23rd June 2019, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing graduation in economics and i didn't have mathematics in my 12th ......can i still be eligible for ma economics?
18th November 2019, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

I am pursuing graduation in economics (B.A) and didn't have mathematics in 12 th and as well as in bachelor's degree.. so can I apply for M.A in economics and if so then in which University ???
9th January 2020, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

Sir i dont have maths in grduation so i can take admission in ma economics in ignu
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?