16th July 2012, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

Minimum qualification required to pursue Biotechnology?

minimum qualification required to pursue biotechnology..please tell me what is it

31st August 2015, 01:46 AM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum qualification required to pursue Biotechnology?

Minimum qualification required to pursue Biotechnology is -

The minimum qualification required to apply is a pass in the 10+2 examination in Science from a recognized board

or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as core subjects.
1st September 2015, 09:59 AM
ankit740
Member+

Well as you want to pursue biotechnology then minimum required qualification is 12th from any recognized board but you should have biology as your core subject in 12th irrespective of other subjects.
There are so many universities which have biotechnology course and they conduct their own entrance exam you appear for them and if you clear them then you can get admission.
Thank you
1st September 2015, 03:14 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Eligibility
- You must have passed (10+2) with PCB(Physics , Chemistry , Biology) as a main subjects from recognized board

Courses In Biotechnology
- Biotechnology Engineering
- B.sc In Biotechnology
- M.Tech In Biotechnology
- M.sc In Biotechnology
- Ph.D In Biotechnology
- M.Phill In Biotechnology

Career Scope After Biotechnology Course
You can get job in the field Agriculture Industry , Pharmaceutical Company , Processing Industry , Production Industry , Drug Manufacturer , Chemical Industry etc.

Top Recruiters
- Bincon India Ltd
- Hindustan Lever Ltd
- IDPL
- Hindustan Antibiotics
- National Chemical Laboratries
- Thapar Group
1st September 2015, 07:43 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Biotechnology is an undergraduate course which deals with the study of Biology with the combination of technology. It is a three year duration course divided into six semesters .

Admission for this course is carried out on the basis of performance in the entrance exam conducted by the concerned university .

The eligibility criteria required to get admission in B.Sc. in Biotechnology are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian Citizen .

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 with Mathematics/Biology, Physics, Chemistry, with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in Mathematics/Biology, Physics and Chemistry from any State board or CBSE/ICSE.

-The candidate who are appearing for HSC (10+2) Examination can also apply for the course.

-The candidate minimum age limit to apply for the course is 17 years at the time of admission .
7th September 2015, 03:24 PM
JSD.

Biotechnology course can be studied in engineering as well as professional degree course. If you go for the engineering course than you have to go for the B.E./B.tech course which will be of duration of four years. If you go for the BSc course than it will be of duration three years.

The basic eligibility criteria for both the courses is to have a + 2 course degree from a recognised board with good percentile.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?