4th March 2010, 09:20 AM
ankit_goyal1985

Is it necessary to get 80% marks in each individual subject including PCM and English?

I have heard that it is necessary to get 80 % marks in each individual subject including pcm and english also...is it true..??
If not then please tell correct % criteria for pcm and english..

Thanks

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission to study B.Sc/B.Com/B.A.(Economics) Honours in Delhi University if secured 80% in 12th Science? Difference between them?
  2. Am I eligible to pursue economics honours in Calcutta University after scoring 71% marks in PCM stream?
  3. Am I eligible to get admission in any engineering college after failing in Physics CBSE? Do I have to give the Compartment test?
  4. Can I apply for English Honours if scored 64 marks in English of 12th PCM? List of courses with good colleges if secured 54% in 12th PCM? Should I apply for BBA instead of English Honours?
  5. How to take admission in DU for BSc Hons with Physics?
  6. How to do B.Ed in mass communication after my PG?
  7. How to join IAF in Airmen after passing 10th class?
  8. What is the scope of an Economics/Commerce Subject/Science Subject with 12th(PCM)?
  9. Examination format of WBJEE for medical?
  10. Can I pursue M.A in English without having elective English in B.A scoring 57% allover and 50% in English subject?
  11. Am I eligible to do B.Ed after completion of masters in English Literature with 47% marks?
  12. Minimum marks required in ISC to study in IIT? Does ISC marks includes PCM with English also?
  13. Can I increase 10th or polytechnic Diploma marks?
  14. Can I improve English marks of 10th or polytechnic diploma both done at Punjab?
  15. What are the Grace marks that I can get if I fail in English subject of H.Sc? -- [New]
  16. Am I eligible to appear in BITSAT if secured 60% in 12th including Practical marks?
  17. Age requirement for WBJEE exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Regarding English honours in a reknowned college
7th August 2011, 04:07 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Is it necessary to get 80% marks in each individual subject including PCM and English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_goyal1985 View Post
I have heard that it is necessary to get 80 % marks in each individual subject including pcm and english also...is it true..??
Thanks
I think that your question is incomplete because you not mention the exam name for which you want to know about the eligibility criteria. I am confusing to reply. For which exam you want to know that the 80% marks in each individual subject. So, first complete the question.

Without exam name i am unable to reply. So, please provide the exam name for which you want to know the eligibility criteria then i will try to help you. You can also know the eligibility criteria on the official website of that exam for which exam you want to appear.

Regards
~Mukul~
7th August 2011, 06:41 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it necessary to get 80% marks in each individual subject including PCM and English?

Quote:

Thanks
see it is not compulsory to get 80% in all the subjects ...............you have only to get 80% in the aggregate of PCM as you are from the science stream so........there is no need of getting 80% marks in english or any other subjects other than PCM...............

apart from that 80% marks is also not compulsory some institutes also take admission in 60% of aggregate marks in PCM.........
7th August 2011, 07:33 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
you ask in 12th there is compulsory 80% for you do not write
for which post or for which study
this percentage require you do not mention in this question paper clearly .
next when you ask this question please carefull to ask full detail question...
7th August 2011, 09:30 AM
Er. vinod kumar saini

DEAR,
this requirement is only for bits pilani exam to take addmission in B.tech. course.
for IIT exam it is 60%.
7th August 2011, 11:55 AM
rana2011
Banned

My friend,
You do not mention the exam name for which you want to know about the Eligibility Criteria.

Thanks!
7th August 2011, 01:10 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:

Thanks
Dear Friend,

You have not clearly stated which exams you want to appear for and in which class you are studying at present.So I cannot guide you properly.
If you want to appear for the IITJEE exams then the eligibility criteria is 60% in class 12th.It is not compulsory for each subject individually.Overall marks is considered.And 80% marks is very good marks and if you got 80% marks then you will be eligible for all the examinations.

Best Wishes...
7th August 2011, 09:35 PM
sg1991

No, it is not necessary. You should have Ist division i.e. at least 60% marks in 10th and 12th board exam. You should also try to get distinction in each subject (i.e. at least 75% marks in each subject). This will improve your record.

However you should try to get as high %age as possible because there is vast competition in every field. A number of students are scoring 90+ percentage.
So, if you manage to get 90% or above, your future will be safe to some extent.
11th August 2011, 04:04 PM
Uttam Nandi

This is important that you give full details while asking questions. You haven't mentioned the name of exam you are willing to face. However, I will try my level best to give you a satisfactory answer.

I think most probably you are asking about eligibility criteria of IIT jee. Two years back HRD minister Kapil Sibal raised his viewpoints that minimum percentage to appear for IIT jee should be at least 80%. However, this proposal faced a lot of issues. Till now there is no change in the eligibility criteria of IIT jee. Which means if you score 60% in your intermediate exam you will be able to write IIT jee.

Those who wish to appear for AIEEE need to pass 10+2 or equivalent. For those who desire to take admission in B.Arch program must score at least 50% marks in PCM.

Minimum qualification for other state level entrance exams generally vary from 50% to 60% in 10+2 board exam. Minimum percentage required for some state level entrance exam is mentioned below :
Delhi-CEE : At least 50% marks aggreate
EAMCET : Need to pass inter exam with PCM
BIT-SAT : Minimum 60% marks in PCM
Punjab CET : Aggreate 50% marks is compulsory
UP-SEE : Candidates must pass 10+2 from UP Board with Mathematics as one of the subjects
Assam-CEE : 50% marks for general category, 45% for SC & 40% for ST in aggreate in PCM & English.
Orissa-JEE : Required to just pass the inter exam.
WB-JEE : Candidates should get at least 45% marks. There is relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category.
IP University CET : Minimum 55% in PCM
JKCET : 50% in PCM for general candidates and 40% for reserved category candidates.

If you wish to take honours you will require to score high percentage in 12th board exam. In particular, you will score very high marks like more than 95% in the subject you wish to take honours. However, cut-off marks varies college to college. The more reputation a particualar college/institute has, the more it's difficult to get into there.

I hope you have got answer to your query. In case of any further doubts, feel free to contact us posting your queries in this forum.
14th August 2011, 11:25 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Thanks
dear friend,

your question is not properly correct . so you have correct the question . otherwise we cant answer anything.

you have correct the question and past to this website . we are giving the valuable solution to your question.

all the best
19th August 2011, 08:19 PM
anil_kumar89

You have not clearly stated which exams you want to appear for and in which class you are studying at present.So I cannot guide you properly.If you want to appear for the IITJEE exams then the eligibility criteria is 60% in class 12th.It is not compulsory for each subject individually.Overall marks is considered.And 80% marks is very good marks and if you got 80% marks then you will be eligible for all the examinations.

Minimum percentage required

Delhi-CEE : At least 50% marks aggreate
EAMCET : Need to pass inter exam with PCM
UP-SEE : Candidates must pass 10+2 from UP Board with Mathematics as one of the subjects
Orissa-JEE : Required to just pass the inter exam.
WB-JEE : Candidates should get at least 45% marks. There is relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category.
IP University CET : Minimum 55% in PCM
8th November 2011, 03:07 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up

Hi.

You have not mentioned, that which exam's criteria are you looking for. It's not compulsory to get 80% aggregate and in PCM separate subjects until you are applying for the BITSAT examination.

BITSAT Eligibility :

1. A candidate has to be a 10+2, from a recognized school and board.

2. He/She must have scored more than or equal to 80% aggregate in the 10+2 HS examination, with a minimum 60 marks in each of the three science subjects.

To your query, I have guessed this is what you were asking for.

Rest, for every other engineering entrance exam, only 60% aggregate is required in class 12th boards for satisfying the eligibility criteria.

All the best.

Regards
~RJ~
15th November 2011, 03:26 PM
shubhambiswas
Senior Member+

You have not mentioned, that which exam's criteria are you looking for. It's not compulsory to get 80% aggregate and in PCM separate subjects until you are applying for the BITSAT examination.

BITSAT Eligibility :

2. He/She must have scored more than or equal to 80% aggregate in the 10+2 HS examination, with a minimum 60 marks in each of the three science subjects.

15th November 2011, 03:30 PM
shubhambiswas
Senior Member+

BITSAT Eligibility :

18th January 2012, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

is it necessary to 80% percent marks individually in physic ,chemistry and maths
17th March 2012, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

is it necessary to pass in all theory(out of 70marks)in pcm to give assam mat exam?even though your aggregate is 50%with help of practical marks and also pass ahsec exam

plz reply fast
angel
27th May 2013, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Is it required to get above 45 in each subject or 45 percentage in phy.,che.,maths for admissoon in b tech in private college in mahatastra....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?