26th January 2011, 02:32 PM
jyotsna1990

Optimum duration for preparation of CAT

what is the optimum duratin for cat exm prepration?

26th January 2011, 06:34 PM
prtk.co

Default Re: Optimum duration for preparation of CAT

It is depend on your potential and memory.For this you need to do work hard.Make your preparation.You must buy 3 set of oxford dictionary and improve your vocablury.
26th January 2011, 08:04 PM
diego
Banned

well this is a much discussed question among the aspirants and experts still no one can provide you with any definite answers ... the thing is that it depends on you ...i.e. person to person many start preparing 2 years in advance some start 6 months ahead ... some just a month ahead .... while some just take a mock or two and go there and crack it ... so this is what anyone would suggest you
:: take an aptitude test to gauge your initial level of preparedness and then according to the report start your preparation,
for verbal the suggestion would be to start as soon as possible and read magazines newspapers editorials, and work on grammer
however general otimum time would be about an year,
practice as many mocks as you can and analyze them
best of luck
26th January 2011, 11:04 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

it is very difficult to say optimum duration for cat examination preparation. there are so many student who clear cat after only three month study and also some students those are unable to crack even after three year study.

so i don't think it is possible to decide the exact optimum duration for cat examination preparation.

but i think for a general student one year is sufficient to crack the cat examination if he or she regularly do study. also good coaching institution is very much helpful to crack the cat examination. you may also enter into coaching institution if you wish.

best wishes.
26th January 2011, 11:34 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

hello friend......
the optimum level depends on your individual potential ......
but about 1year of time is enough for the preparation of the cat exam from a good coaching institute.......
27th January 2011, 10:36 AM
daxter

Hello,

It not possible to give exact approximation of how much time will it take for preparation.
and basically its not about duration its about how quickly you can understand concepts and memorize them,
How your preparations are planned and how much quickly you can finish them.

So its all up to you how you can finish it

So Best of luck
27th January 2011, 08:21 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

CAT preparation depends upon the knowledge of student. If student is brillent then 3 months coaching is enough. If student is medium then he can take 6 months also. So no one can tell the duration of CAT preparation. It is totally depends on the Student's interest, type of study material he refers and the type of coaching center he has joined.

All the best.
8th October 2011, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

only one month is left for my cat xam ..could it be possible to get good percentile if i start preparing from now onwards
30th May 2012, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

I am Kaustav Banerjee.Can biological graduade student prepare for CAT exam?
29th September 2013, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

Please tell me tht can we do,prepartion for cat exam with studies of c.a
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?