20th June 2011, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

Percentage of marks required in 12th standard for IAS examination? Number of attempts for General category candidate?

how much percents requered in 12th standard for ias examination. How many number of attempts for me? I am a General category candidate.

21st June 2011, 12:35 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage of marks required in 12th standard for IAS examination? Number of attempts for General category candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how much percents requered in 12th standard for ias examination. How many number of attempts for me? I am a General category candidate.
There Is No Minimum Percentage Eligibility Criteria in UPSC Civil services examination To Become a IAS officer And 12Th Candidates are Not eligible to apply for IAS Examination.

Because To Apply for IAS examination You need to complete your Graduation degree Course From a Recognized University, Final Year appearing Candidates are also eligible for IAS Examination.

So, If your Aim Is to become IAS Officer, then Please complete your Graduate degree course in any stream from a recognized University. The examination are held 2 times in a year and for both the examination, you have to registered Once. Eligible candidates can apply for this examination Online OR you can also Obtained the application form From the Designated Post Offices Near By Your City.

So, If your age should between 21 to 30 years, then you can apply for IAS Examination, But you have also appear for Graduate degree Course. Because Bachelor degree is the minimum eligibility Criteria for IAS examination.

The General Candidates will gets 4 Attempts In this examination and OBC Candidates will gets 7 Attempts and No limits for SC, ST Candidates. Upper age relaxation is also applicable for SC, ST And OBC Candidates.

For SC, ST Candidates - 5 Year Relaxation

For OBC Candidates - 3 Year Relaxation.

The Notification will be Published in the employment Newspaper OR in the Official website of UPSC In the month of February.

So, If you are in 12Th Then You cant apply for UPSC Civil services exams.

After Graduation you are eligible to apply for IAS Examination. If you want to get More details regarding Civil services examination, then please visit the UPSC Official website -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng_2.pdf(346.2 KB, 68 views)
21st June 2011, 06:20 AM
dineshpandiyan

Smile Re: Percentage of marks required in 12th standard for IAS examination? Number of attempts for General category candidate?

above 65% marks a re requires for IAS and there is a no attemts are considered.only candidate who passed in 12th exam and finish U.G degree are eligible for IAS exam. iIf you are 12th, you write a UPSC exam for joining IAS.
21st June 2011, 08:22 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage of marks required in 12th standard for IAS examination? Number of attempts for General category candidate?

hi dear
there is no percentage require for IAS exam
you are a graduate require

general candidate apply 4 times not more than 4 times
age 21 to 30 for general
21st June 2011, 01:12 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
for IAS exam you have to passed graduation degree with 50%.

and your age should be above 21 but maximum age is 30.

just you have to passed 10+2 .

No. of permissible attempts for general candidate is Four times.

all the best
21st June 2011, 06:33 PM
MonuRai

Dear,

There is no such percentage ( % ) criteria in IAS exam .

The minimum educational qualification required is to be a graduate in any field from any recognized university of India.

--> In case of no. of attempts , general category get 4 , SC/ST get unlimited , OBC get 7 attempts to clear the exam.

More details:- www.upsc.gov.in.

Thanks.
24th June 2011, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

only graduation...percentage mayne nahi rakhte ..
7th July 2011, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

i have 50% in 12th standred i complete the degree of percentage 70% i appear in I.A.S exam
15th September 2011, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

10th me kitni % mangte heeee
26th September 2011, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

number of subjects require for ias
and name them
6th October 2011, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

i need date about this year ias exam
22nd March 2012, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

i have 48 percentage in 12 std i completed bsc degree can i apply for ias exam
28th March 2012, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

i am in class 11 and i want to become an ias in future can i do graduation with b.tech.i had got 70% marks inhighschool u.pboard
28th April 2012, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my 12th with 60% and doing my graduation in correspondance , iam i eligible for ias exam ?????
28th April 2012, 09:27 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

There is no provision for any percentage of marks criteria for IAS examination.

IAS - INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer one has to appear and crack Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

Number of attempt for Civil service exam for General category candidate is up to Four attempt.which is seven in case of OBC and thereis no limit for SC/ST candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
28th April 2012, 10:34 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

you are eligible if your university is recognized.

It does not matter that whether the student has completed his/her graduation from distance learning

or from regular university unless the university is recognized.

Indian Administration Service exam is held once in year is conducted by UPSC

Minimum Eligibility for IAS exam

1.Graduated from recognized university in any discipline.

(There is no minimum percentage is required just passing marks in graduation is sufficient )

2.final year student can also apply.

Age should be between

21 to 30 years for General category candidates
21to 33 year for OBC category candidates
21 to 35 years for SC/ST category candidates

Number of attempts:

4 attempts for General category candidates.
7 attempts for Obc category candidates
14 attempts for SC/ST category candidates.

There are 3 stages in IAS that should be cleared by the candidate.

STAGE I ---- Preliminary exam (OBJECTIVE TYPE)
STAGE II----- Main exam (DESCRIPTIVE TYPE)
STAGE III---- Personal interview
29th April 2012, 11:40 PM
mithu ashi
Member+

You are not eligible for I.A.S. examination after +2 standard.
There is not any percentage criteria.
Only passing mark in graduation is required.
To apply for IAS exam candidates must have passed graduation or in their final year of graduation.

ELIGIBILITY:-

Educational qualification:-

If you want to appear in IAS exam minimum eligibility is a degree from recognized university or You must be a graduate.
Final year student, who are doing the graduation can also apply for the exam.
Technical / Professional graduates can also apply for the examination.

Age limit:

you must have attained the age of 21 years not be over 30 years of age as on 1st August.
But for OBC/SC/ST candidates relaxation of age limit is there.
For OBC-3 years relaxation, so age limit is 21-33 years.
For SC/ST-5 years relaxation, so age limit is 21-35 years.

Citizenship:-
You must be Indian.

Number attempts:-

General category candidates can appear 4 times only,
OBC can appear 7 times
SC & ST candidate have no limit for appearing in the exam.
5th May 2012, 06:50 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Hi...
Dear...
You want to serve the nation, which is really appreciable.For your kind information ,I would like to states that, there is not any kind of minimum percentage requirement eligibility for appear in this civil service examination.

This civil service examination is conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION [UPSC].every year.
In order to become a IAS[INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE] officer,You must have to clear this examination, which has three stages-

1. CSAT[CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST]
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW [PERSONALITY TEST]

CSAT exam pattern-

25 OPTIONAL SUBJECTS to be chosen at CSAT-

The educational qualification required for this civil service examination is a graduation in any stream from a recognized college.

The age limit for this exam is 21-30 years for the GENERAL candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates..

Number of Attempts:-

for general-- 4 times
for BC ---7times
for Sc/st ---no limit

Thank you!!
~gamble~
17th May 2012, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

how much minimum percentage reguired 2 do MTech for OBC..?
2nd June 2013, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Percentage of marks required in 12th standard for IAS examination? Number of attempts for General category candidate?

Mera percentage 50% in 12th and b.a (hons) p.s. In 50% kya may exam day sakthay i.a.s exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?