25th January 2018, 08:50 PM
Apandeyprt

PhD through distance mode is accepted for the post of Associate/Assistant Professor or not?

Is PhD through distance mode holder candidate is eligible for the post of Associate/Assistant Professor in higher education? If not, then extra needs to be done to be eligible for it?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible for me to pursue PhD in Geography through distance mode?
  2. Eligibility for Associate Professor in colleges after PhD and Masters from distance mode?
  3. BE(distance mode) institutes and their validity
  4. Can a M.Sc IT in distance mode do PhD in regular mode? Which stream should I choose?
  5. From which institute can I pursue B.E through distance mode?
  6. Am I eligible for assistant professor as per AICTE norms? I have done M.A, M.Phil through distance mode -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can I pursue B.E through distance mode after passing Metallurgical Diploma Engineering?
  8. From which institute can I do B.E in distance mode? Will the certificate be accepted by PSU or Limited Organization? Will it be accepted if I do that from BIT?
  9. Is it necessary to do M.Phil before PhD for MSW in distance? List of universities offering PhD in distance mode?
  10. Universities offering PhD in Maths through regular or distance mode? Procedure involved in doing PhD?
  11. Is it possible to do Ph.D in Chemistry through distance mode?
  12. Is is possible to do Ph.D in law through distance mode? -- [New]
  13. From where can I pursue PhD in Sociology through distance mode?
  14. Am I eligible for PhD having done PGDM from ITS with dual specialization?
  15. Criteria to obtain PhD in Economics? Universities providing PhD in distance mode?
  16. Whether distance PhD(Mathematics) is available to study to become an Assistant Professor? Procedure to apply?
  17. Can I do M.A. in Sociology by distance education being an M.Sc degree holder? Would it make a difference if I do M.A. along with my Science PhD?
  18. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in any course after completion of post graduation from distance mode?
28th January 2018, 02:26 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: PhD through distance mode is accepted for the post of Associate/Assistant Professor or not?

First thing I would like to let you know that for becoming an associate professor in UGC approved university you are required to qualify NET/SET ( National Eligibility Test/State Eligibility Test ).

Also, for appearing in NET/SET the minimum educational qualificaton required is a master degree with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. Mraks relaxatio of 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST and PH category.

So, it is evident from above facts that to be an associate professor there is no requirement of PHD degree and hence the university or mode in which your PHD degree does not matters for your recruitment as an associate professor and hence if you satisfy the above mentioned requirement then you are eligible for appearing in NET/SET for your recruitment as assistant professor. Further, if your PHD degree is pursued from a recognized open university then it is valid if required.
28th January 2018, 10:17 PM
MNB1234

Default Re: PhD through distance mode is accepted for the post of Associate/Assistant Professor or not?

PHD done through Distance mode is now not recognised by UGC.

So getting jobs as Asst Professor/Associate professor will be difficult to get after doing PHD through Distance mode.

You should appear for the UGC NET Exams.

If you clear the UGC NET exams and than you are eligible to apply for Associate Professor jobs.

Minimum educational qualifications required to apply for the UGC NET exams is Post Graduation pass with minimum 55% marks.

Next NET exams would be held on 8th July 2018.

Forms will be filled from 6th March 2018.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?