12th June 2017, 12:00 PM
iammds

Am I eligible to apply for NEET exam after securing 65 percentage in PCB and failed in additional subject Maths?

Am I eligible to apply for NEET exam after securing 65 percentage in PCB and failed in additional subject Maths? Can soemone please give me the right details on the same? What is the minimum criteria asked to apply? Awaiting for the response.

12th June 2017, 08:14 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NEET exam after securing 65 percentage in PCB and failed in additional subject Maths?

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and it is a medical entrance examination which is held once every year for admission in undergraduate medical degree course.

The required educational qualification for appearing in NEET is a higher secondary school degree course with PCB group with at least 50% marks ( 40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category ) from a recognized board of education.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in NEET haing completed your Class 12th with 65% marks in PCB but having failed in additional paper i.e; Mathematics then I would like to let you know that your eligibility depends upon your result status provided by your board of examination i.e; if your overall status is passed or eligible for improvement then only you are eligible for appearing in NEET otherwise you will have to clear your papers first and then have to apply for NEET.
12th June 2017, 09:17 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NEET exam after securing 65 percentage in PCB and failed in additional subject Maths?

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. It is entrance examination conducted by CBSE for admission in MBBS and BDS course. The minimum academic qualification required for this course is that candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board with PCB subjects.

In case of percentage criteria, you need to have at least 50% marks in 12th board examination. No, if you have failed in 12th in any subject then you can not apply for this examination.
12th June 2017, 11:28 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for NEET examination even if you have secured 65% marks in PCB stream and failed in Mathematics subject. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology subjects and those who have passed English as a subject in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply for NEET examination. Since, you have not qualified Mathematics subject in your 12th standard, you need to qualify that subject to be eligible to appear in NEET examination.
14th June 2017, 07:05 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NEET is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

NEET is held every year by Central Board of Secondary Education. The eligibility criteria for NEET exam is:

1. You should have done 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.

2. Minimum of 50% marks in PCB subjects is required to apply for NEET examination.

As you have failed in mathematics which is additional subject of your board examination, you can not apply for this exam. You should score at least passing marks in additional subject.
14th June 2017, 08:37 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and it is held once every year by CBSE for admission in undergraduate medical degree courses like MBBS and BDS in various medical colleges of India.

The minimum educational qualification required for appearing in NEET is a Class 12th with PCB group with at least 50% marks from a recognized board of examination. Further marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So having completed your Class 12th with PCB group with 65% marks you are eligible for appearing NEET if your result status if 'Pass' even having failed in additional subject which is not the case in some board of examinations like CBSE, etc. so you can check your result status and decide whether you are eligible or not.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?