11th February 2017, 12:17 PM
Gourav Gunjan

Possibility to get admission in government engineering college for B.Tech on the basis board exam without JEE?

Hello sir, I have got 63% marks in 12th from CBSE board last year and I dropped one year for JEE Main preparation but I think I will not be able to get the cut off marks. So, can I get admission in any government engineering college for B.Tech on the basis board exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Which subject are to choose in school if one want to study aeronautic engineer?
  2. How to get into DCE by studying in Delhi for next 2 years? I have scored 91% in class 10th
  3. Can I get admission in any government college if scored 61 marks in JEE Mains and expecting 85% in 12th CBSE?
  4. Admission in engineering colleges of Rajasthan is based on both intermediate marks and JEE rank?
  5. Can I apply for JEE Main 2016 twice, one on the basis of 12th and another on the basis of Diploma?
  6. Is it possible to get admission in colleges of Aeronautical Engineering only on the basis of state board marks? Any government colleges having Aeronautical branch? Any government scheme for fees concession?
  7. How should I join mechanical after completing 12th?
  8. Admission to B.Tech on the basis of board exam percentage? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Is it possible to get admission in government colleges of Bangalore for doing B.Tech course?
  10. Can I get admission in B.Tech/Diploma Engineering in any Government college with 30 marks in JEE Main, 53 marks in CET and 62% in Higher Secondary?
  11. Can I get admission in any government engineering college after scoring 111 in JEE mains?
  12. Possibility to study Aeronautical Diploma on 10th basis? Percentage required to get admission?
  13. Admission in engineering in any college on the basis of my 12th board percentage(90.50%)?
  14. Can I apply for admission in IIT on the basis of diploma?
  15. Can I get admission in any government college after scoring 70% in board exam?
  16. Am I eligible to get admission in B.Tech(Civil Engineering) if qualify in 12th CBSE but fail in JEE Mains?
  17. Am I eligible to get admission in LD college of engineering after scoring 84 marks in JEE main exam?
  18. Is it possible for me to get admission in Jharkhand Government colelges if I got 24 marks in JEE mains exam when I belong to ST category?
14th February 2017, 07:36 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to get admission in government engineering college for B.Tech on the basis board exam without JEE?

No, you are not eligible to get the admission in the state governments, NITs or IITs on the basis of the aggregate in 12th board examination.

So, you have to qualify in entrance examination such as JEE, BCECE, WBJEE etc. to get the admission in the colleges for B.Tech courses.

For more information about examination visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
14th February 2017, 09:04 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to get admission in government engineering college for B.Tech on the basis board exam without JEE?

No, admission in 4 year B.tech course in the government colleges are not offered on the basis of board aggregate.

So, you have to appear for the entrance examination conducted by state government for admission in respective state. For admission in IIT or in NIT you have to qualify in JEE conducted by CBSE as well as IIT.

So, it is not necessary to get admission only by JEE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?