19th July 2017, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to give CPT exam after completion of graduation? Eligibility criteria to apply?

Can I give CPT exam after 2nd year and if yes then when should I register for it? And can I give CPT after graduation, I know that after graduation I become eligible for direct entry scheme but I want to give CPT before IPCC after graduation, so is this possible?

22nd July 2017, 06:41 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to give CPT exam after completion of graduation? Eligibility criteria to apply?

CPT refers to Common Proficiency Test and same is the stage first of CA ( Chartered Accountancy ) course.

CPT is held twice every year by IPCC in the month of June and December and the registration for June attempt generally lasts on the 1st April where that for December attempt lasts on 1st October.

The minimum educational qualification required for appearing in CPT is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board of education.

So it is evident from above fact that being a second year student of graduation degree you are eligible for appearing in CPT and you can register for CPT December 2017 even.
22nd July 2017, 08:56 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to give CPT exam after completion of graduation? Eligibility criteria to apply?

Yes, it is possible to give CPT examination after completion of your graduation course. CPT stands for Common Proficiency Test. It is an entrance test which is conducted by ICAI for offering admission in CA course. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a recognised board are eligible to appear in CPT examination.
23rd July 2017, 06:30 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I give CPT exam after 2nd year and if yes then when should I register for it? And can I give CPT after graduation, I know that after graduation I become eligible for direct entry scheme but I want to give CPT before IPCC after graduation, so is this possible?
The Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) conducts Chartered Accountant Common Proficiency Test, commonly known as CA CPT Exam, which is a gateway to get into the profession of Chartered Accountancy (CA).

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:-

>> Candidate must have passed 10+2 examination or equivalent from a govt. recognized institution.

>> Candidate must be registered for the Common Proficiency Test with the Board of Studies of the Indian Chartered Accountancy of India (ICAI).

>> The exam is conducted twice a year, in the months of June and December.

HOW TO APPLY FOR THE EXAM:-

:- Visit the official website of ICAI and register as a new user.
:- Fill up the registration details and click on the (Register) button.
:- Once the registration will be done, fill up the personal information in the form and click on the (Save Details)button.
:- After the registration, click on the (Apply Now) button and fill up the education details.
:-After reviewing all the filled in the information, save the form and make payment of exam fee and save the exam confirmation page as PDF.

>> Send the saved PDF file to the ICAI office on the address mentioned below:-

(( The Deputy Secretary (Exams.) Examination Department
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
'ICAI Bhawan', Indraprastha Marg
New Delhi – 110 002 )).

DETAILS REGARDING EXAM:-

SESSION 1:-
Fundamentals of accounting carries 60 marks.
Mercantile law carries 40 marks.

SESSION 2:-
General economics carries 50 marks.
Quantitative aptitude carries 50 marks.

The whole total of 200 marks. good luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?