15th May 2017, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IPS after completion of graduation? What is the minimum criteria for graduation?

Am I eligible to apply for IPS after completion of graduation? What is the minimum criteria for graduation? Can someone please give me the complete details on this? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon on this. Thank you!

23rd May 2017, 12:37 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IPS after completion of graduation? What is the minimum criteria for graduation?

In order to apply for Indian Police Service you should have completed your graduation in any discipline with minimum 50% marks from a recognized college. Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years, for OBC candidates it is relaxed by 3 years and for SC/ST it is relaxed by 5 years. You must be an Indian citizen and should be physically fit. For women the height required is 150 cms and for men it is 165 cms.

With this eligibility you have to appear for Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC every year. the selection will be done on the basis of marks secured in the examination followed by physical/medical test and personal interview.
23rd May 2017, 12:48 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IPS after completion of graduation? What is the minimum criteria for graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to apply for IPS after completion of graduation? What is the minimum criteria for graduation? Can someone please give me the complete details on this? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon on this. Thank you!
Yes, you are eligible for IPS exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 7 attempts
For OBC category:- 9 attempts
For SC/ST category:- No limit
23rd May 2017, 12:58 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, of course, you are eligible for IPS exam after completing Graduation. Those who completed their Graduation are eligible to apply. There is no minimum marks required for IPS examination. In order to become a IPS officer, you must appear and qualify in the Civil Service exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every twice in a year.
23rd May 2017, 09:55 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Those candidates who have successfully completed his/her graduation from a recognized university irrespective of marks and stream are eligible to write the IPS exam conducted by the UPSC (Union Public service commission). Those candidates who have successfully completed his/her 10+2 with a minimum of 50% are eligible to pursue his/her bachelor's degree for some courses the candidate need to score a minimum of 60% marks in 10+2.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?