28th March 2011, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Navy after B.Tech Computer Engineering? What is the eligibility criteria?

sir i m 22 year old completing my btec in computer engineering want to join navy what is the procedure and eligibility required

Related Questions:
  1. How to join Merchant Navy after passing computer science and engineering? Procedure to take admission?
  2. Eligibility criteria to join the Indian Navy? Procedure and branches in which girls can apply?
  3. What is the procedure to join Indian navy after completion of diploma in Civil engineering?
  4. Procedure to join Merchant Navy after B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Admission to 2nd year B.Tech in PEC? Procedure and eligibility criteria?
  6. Procedure to Get Into Merchant Navy after BTech?
  7. To join CBI after btech, what is the procedure and what is the criteria?
  8. Procedure to join Navy after completion of B.Tech being a girl?
  9. How to join merchant navy after doing B.Tech in CSE
  10. what is the procedure for joining mechant navy after btech
  11. How to earn MS degree(PG) in MIT USA? Procedure and eligibility criteria to join MIT, USA?
  12. How to join Merchant Navy if I am a 3rd year computer science and engineering student?
  13. Procedure to join Merchant Navy? What is the eligibility criteria and the fee structure?
  14. Procedure and eligibility criteria to do training from IBM after Computer Engineering? How to make CV for application? -- [New]
  15. Required Eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy after completion of Graduation in Mechanical Engineering?
  16. Eligibility criteria to get into Indian Navy? What is the entry procedure?
  17. What is the eligibility criteria asked for Navy? Am I eligible to apply if I have completed diploma in electronics and telecom?
  18. How may I get government jobs in computer science and engineering? What's the eligibility criteria and applying procedure for the same?
1st May 2011, 07:06 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Navy after B.Tech Computer Engineering? What is the eligibility criteria?

Indian NAvy Service (INS) after B.Tech

Basically based on your qualification 2 mode of entries are there.

SSC: short service commission,is ment for all candidates those who have B.sc/M.sc (Physics,radio,electronics,) or B.tech/M.tech (civil,mechanical,electronics,electronics & talecommunication,Aeronautical etc.) with atlest 60% aggregate including all semester.Notification for it are released In Employment news.

Age Limit: 25 years for Bachelor Holders, 27 years for Master holders

Candidates successfully qualifing the written test will be called to appear for SSB (Service Selection Board). There again a Mental Ability Test (which consists of written test,physicometric test) and GD/PI then short listed candidate will have to go through Medical test. I think SSB is a 5 days procedure. But candidates who get disqualified on the 1st day of SSB he will be returned home.

If any candidate is appearing for SSB for the 1st time he/she will be given 2nd class sleeper returning ticket from them to return home.

CDSE:
Combined Defence Service Examination (CDSE) is conducted by upsc (http://www.upsc.gov.in) twice every year for entry into all three defence services.
Eligibility criteria is different for all three. For ARMY- graduation in any background,with at least 60% aggregate Age Limit- 25 years.For Navy: B.sc(with Physics and Mathematics) or B.tech/B.E Age Limit- 22 years.For Airforce- B.E./B.Tech,graduate in any decipline with Physics or Mathematics at class 12 Age Limit- 23 years.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
1st May 2011, 07:42 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Navy after B.Tech Computer Engineering? What is the eligibility criteria?

You can join in Indian Navy,by appearing CDS exam.

Eligibility criteria for CDS exam:

Candidate should have completed graduation degree with any discipline in an recognized university.

Age should be between 21 to 25 years.

If you require any information,then click here
1st May 2011, 10:35 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

A Engineering graduates can join indian NAVY
  • join in the 3rd year or that final year through the UES(University Entry Scheme)
  • or after completion of graduation through Technical Graduate Scheme, by appearing before the Service Selection Board.

and also you can apply for Combined Defence Services examination as a regular/short service commissioned officer..
  • For regular service training will be Indian Military Academy , Dehradun..
  • For short service Officer’s Training Academy, Chennai...

Short service is for 5 years and after completion of 5 years either you can resign or opt for an extension for five years or a permanent commission.
2nd May 2011, 11:30 AM
Tushar93

Smile Re: Procedure to join Navy after B.Tech Computer Engineering? What is the eligibility criteria?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i m 22 year old completing my btec in computer engineering want to join navy what is the procedure and eligibility required
Well for joining navy these are the opportunities you have:-

For Male Candidates

1.Permanent Commission through CDSE(Combined Defence Services Exam ) conducted by UPSC twice a year. Age limit 19 to 22 yrs
2.Short Service Commission (SSC) in Logistics, Aviation, Air Traffic Control and Hydro

For Female Candidates

1. Short Service Commission (SSC) in Logistics, Aviation and Air Traffic Control

For SSC, Keep track of the Advertisement published in Employment News
or visit nausena-bharti.nic.in for further details.

Good Luck
2nd May 2011, 02:06 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

You can apply for the followin jobs in Indian Navy:

A- Type Of Entry: Short Service Commission - Electrical
Type Of Commission: Short Service Commission

Eligibility Criteria

1. Age- 19 1/2 to 25

2. Educational qualification- B.tech computer engineering with minimum 60% marks.

B- Type Of Entry: Permanent Commission (PC) Education
Type Of Commission: Permanent Commission

Eligibility Criteria

1. Age- 21-25 years

2. Educational qualification- B.tech computer engineering with minimum 60% marks.

C- Type Of Entry: Short Service Commission (SSC) Education
Type Of Commission: Short Service Commission

Eligibility criteria

1. Age- 21-25 years

2nd May 2011, 05:31 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

There are two ways through which you can get entry into navy .

CDS ::which is is conducted by UPSC twice a year

Eligibility criteria ::

For ARMY:
You must be graduate .
Age Limit- 25 years.

For Navy:
B.sc(with Physics and Mathematics) or B.tech/B.E
Age Limit- 22 years.

For Air force:
B.E./B.Tech,graduate in any decipline with Physics or Mathematics.
Age Limit- 23 years.

Short Service Commission (SSC) Education

B.tech computer engineering with minimum 60% marks.
Age should be between 21-25 years
26th May 2011, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

I secured a total score of 52.3666 (Paper 1 :-0.0704,Paper 2:52.4370) in the Kerala Eng Entrance Exam 2011) & I have Passed Plus Two Computer Science With 78.06% marks .I belongs to Scheduled caste. Is there a chance for me to get admission to any B.tech Course in Govt Colleges in kerala.
3rd July 2011, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

Sir ,
Can i join indian navy after doing electrical or ec engineeringb(BE)
4th July 2011, 11:23 PM
Tushar93

Smile Re: Procedure to join Navy after B.Tech Computer Engineering? What is the eligibility criteria?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir ,
Can i join indian navy after doing electrical or ec engineeringb(BE)
Hello Friend,

You can join indian navy through :-

Permanent commission

1. Logistics cadre with minimum overall percentage of 60 in graduation
Age- 19.5 yrs to 25 yrs
Gender- Male only

2. Graduate Special Entry Scheme in Executive Cadre
Age- 19 yrs to 22 yrs
Gender- Male only

Short Service Commission

1. Graduate Special Entry Scheme in Executive Cadre
Age - 19.5 to 25 yrs
Gender- Male only

2. Hydro Cadre
Age- 19.5 to 25 yrs
Gender -Male and Female both

3.Aviation cadre as pilot or observers
Age-19.5 to 23 yrs
Gender -Male and Female both

For Selection procedures, medical standards and further details visit
nausena-bharti.nic.in

Best Of Luck
24th September 2011, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

i'm doing BE ECE..i have backlog history..do i have the eligibility to join the navy??
25th September 2011, 09:03 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Indian Navy is one of the renowned as well as a respected jobs of the Government of India.

There are two chances every year for you. Generally, examination is held twice a year in the months of June and December every year.

They recruit through a entrance exam named Short Service Commission(SSC).

Eligibility Criteria :-

Nationality : Indian.

Marital Status : Unmarried.

Educational Qualifications :

i)You should pass the 12th or equivalent with Science and Mathematics with 60% or above marks in aggregate and optional as Chemistry or Biology or Computer Science.

ii)You should pass B.Sc in Physics, Mathematics or Electronics with minimum 60% marks.
or
iii)You should pass BE or B.Tech with minimum 65% marks in aggregate in any discipline from any institution recognized by AICTE.
or
iv)You should have M. Sc in Physics, Mathematics or Electronics with minimum 55% marks.

Age Limits :19.5 to 25 years as the examination time.

Physical Standards:-

Height: Minimum 157 cm

Eye standard: Without glasses better eye 6/6 and worse 6/9

Color perception: CP II

The eligible candidates will be called up for Service Selection Board (SSB) based on their educational intelligence in graduation.

Exam Procedure
:
The eligible candidates are called for the written examination of objective-type of 75 minutes which includes:

i)General Science

ii)Mathematics

iii)General Knowledge

iv)General English
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?