10th December 2011, 09:53 AM
Unregistered

Shall I stop preparation for IAS and pursue M.Tech after completion of B.Tech?

i am confused whether to take drop for IAS or pursue m.tech after b.tech. Will be completing my b.tech this year and have been an average 75-80% student through out. what should i opt for IAS or m.tech. even after doing m.tech i am going to prepare for IAS only.

10th December 2011, 05:11 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Shall I stop preparation for IAS and pursue M.Tech after completion of B.Tech?

It is your interest whether to start preparation for IAS Exam or not. If you strongly want to see yourself as a IAS Officer or an employee of any of the civil services, you can carry on preparation for IAS Exam.

Any way, you have been in preparation for this exam. Soon after the completion of B.Tech, if you speed up your preparation to a little extent, obviously you can crack civil services exam.

In contrast to this, if you have strong interest to pursue your higher studies, you can opt for this course.

The admission for M.Tech course will be given on the basis of performance or score in the GATE Exam.

If you want to join M.Tech, obviously you can prepare this exam. So, no longer you can not continue your preparation for IAS Exam.

So, decide upon yourself of which you want to join. If not interested to join M.Tech, you can opt for other courses like
-MCA
-MBA etc.

My suggestion is to have good prepartion for IAS Exam and crack the exam even if it take 1 more year of time for you to crack the civil services exam. Or otherwise just try for good job opportunities on the basis of your B.Tech academic qualification.
10th December 2011, 06:23 PM
tejesh_09

Default Re: Shall I stop preparation for IAS and pursue M.Tech after completion of B.Tech?

The question as you asked is very difficult to answer as the sole decision is yours which depends upon your interest to join Administrative service or not.

Anyway you should now concentrate upon completion of your B. Tech study with a good percentage of marks. After which you can go for higher study like M.Tech for which you have to appear for GATE exam and along with this you may take a little pain for preparation of Civil Services exam and accordingly you can crack IAS.

You can also go for master degree studies like MBA or MCA.
24th December 2011, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

i am also confused between ias and m.tech. I have a strong desire and determination for IAS but considering the level of competition i feel insecure. Because so many people compete for it and its a toughest exam.. What should i do go 4 IAS or m.tech?
29th April 2012, 02:29 AM
Unregistered

respected sir/madam,
kindly tell me shall i go for ias preparation or do m.tech after b.tech as this is my final year of b.tech....plz tell me ..i am confused
please give me precise answer within two days please..i shall be very thankful and greatful to you.
thanks
anu
3rd June 2012, 02:13 AM
Unregistered

i have finished my B.E E&C in 2011...then on i worked for 6 months..dint like the job so decided to takeup upsc prelims on may 20 2012...din do well ..should i continue in civil service?
20th June 2012, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

I'm in b tech 3rd year(electrical branch). I want to go for higher studies. I've 2 years for the preparation of GATE and i want to do online preparation so kindly suggest me some good websites from where i can prepare for GATE.
20th June 2012, 09:03 PM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am confused whether to take drop for IAS or pursue m.tech after b.tech. Will be completing my b.tech this year and have been an average 75-80% student through out. what should i opt for IAS or m.tech. even after doing m.tech i am going to prepare for IAS only.
hi!!

if you want to do M.TECH you are required to crack GATE entrance exam which gives admission in the various reputed institutes.the other option for you is MBA in the specialization of your interest.

you can do MBA In

~MBA In Finance
~MBA in marketing
~MBA In international business

now,

IAS is considered the toughest entrance exam as it gives a chance to become an administrative officer for the various administrative positions in the country.

it is the toughest entrance exam.hence you should not think that since you have not succeeded in your previous attempt then you cant do that in second attempt.

most of the candidates becoming IAS selected candidates become in their second or third attempt.however many do this in their first attempt.

so,
the correct thing for you would be to give your self another chance and work hard this time and give your best.....

I have given an attachment showing the books to prepare for IAS exam given below:::

choose the correct combination of subjects since it is most essential part....

hope this helped............

with best wishes...........

with regards
roknits
Attached Files
File Type: pdf (www.entrance-exam.net)-IAS III.pdf(46.4 KB, 126 views)
29th January 2015, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

I hve confusion.I have preparing for banking jobs and m from it branch 2013 batch. What should I do can I quit prepartn or join private job and also want to join Civil services. What to do I M worried
29th January 2015, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

M preparing for banking job. Cn I quit job or join private job what to do night also want to join civil services. m worried. Please help. my 2013 batch passed from it branch. I have got only 46 marks in dis ibps
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?