2nd August 2016, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

What all is needed to join NDA being a girl?

Sir I am a girl and I want to join NDA being an engineer. What I have to do? Please help me out I want to join NDA anyhow and I will really work hard for it. What is needed for it? I am ready to face all hardships. Please Sir help me out. Thank you.

2nd August 2016, 08:37 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What all is needed to join NDA being a girl?

No, its not possible to join NDA being a girl candidate. Only Unmarried Male candidates are eligible to join Indian Armed Forces through National Defence Academy (NDA) examination.

Being a Engineer graduate, you can apply for Officer's Training Academy (OTA) through CDS examination but, you are not eligible to join in NDA.
2nd August 2016, 10:38 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I am a girl and I want to join NDA being an engineer. What I have to do? Please help me out I want to join NDA anyhow and I will really work hard for it. What is needed for it? I am ready to face all hardships. Please Sir help me out. Thank you.
Girls candidates are not eligible for NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

I have attached a document regrading physical criteria for NDA exam.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Physical Requirements.txt(3.2 KB, 39 views)
3rd August 2016, 12:11 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being an engineer and a girl candidate you are not eligible for joining NDA as for the same only male candidates are allowed but you can join defense sector through CDS entrance examination.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Service and join the same one has to qualify CDS entrance examination which is being held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written Examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively.

CDS has its four wings which includes Naval Academy ( NA ), Air force Academy ( AFA ), Indian Military Academy ( IMA ), Officer's Training Academy ( OTA ).

--> Also the minimum requirement for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age lie within 19 years to 22 years for NA, 19 years to 23 years AFA, 19 years to 24 years for IMA and 19 years to 25 years for OTA.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree in any discipline from any recognized university. Also for joining NA and AFA you need to have completed your bachelor's degree with Physics or Mathematics or Engineering trade.

For further details about the same examination you must refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?