30th April 2012, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

Which subject to read to become an IPS officer?

sir iam a student of ba ist year which sub i have read to become ips officer

7th May 2012, 04:28 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject to read to become an IPS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir iam a student of ba ist year which sub i have read to become ips officer
For Civil Service Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission, you need to study the following subjects:
  • General Studies
  • English including Essay writing
  • One Indian Language

Apart from this, there are also optional papers which can be selected depending upon the knowledge and expertise in particular subjects.

Now, the civil service examination basically comprise of two stage of written examination and you will need to qualify each stage to move on to the next level. The two stages of Civil Service examination are:

Preliminary Examination
Main Exam

In the preliminary examination, you will have to write two compulsory papers based on General Studies and Civil Service Aptitude Test. The Civil Service Aptitude Test is based on the following subject areas:
  • Comprehension
  • Interpersonal skills including communication skills
  • Logical reasoning and analytical ability
  • Decision making and problem solving
  • General mental ability
  • Basic numeracy
  • Data interpretation
  • English language comprehension skills

The questions of General Studies paper will be based on the following subject area:
  • Current events of national and international importance.
  • History of India and Indian national movement.
  • Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world.
  • Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
  • Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
  • General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change.
  • General science.

For more information, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
15th June 2012, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

i have 10th class marksheet from gurukul board and 12th from u.p. board .so i m give the ips exam.
9th May 2013, 09:28 AM
Unregistered

Sir ips exam ke liye kya kya compulsry h?
17th July 2020, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

Agar student arts se ho to kya sellection ho gye ga
15th August 2020, 08:38 PM
deepikapandey9999

I studied the subject IP in my 11th and 12th standard. The main reason for opting it was that everyone said that C++ is difficult to score in and I was in no mood of studying anything accept JEE, the most popular option was PE but from my past record I knew I sucked at mugging up things so IP was the option left out.

This came out very well in IP you learn basics of MySQL, html, and Java so just the very basics of front end developing. This is a pretty basic course doesn’t require much of studying and after this course you wouldn’t have much trouble in C course which is in the first year of engineering.

According to me this is the best course as it neither require much studying during the course (as in C) nor before the exam (as in PE) also introduce you to front end developing.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?