5th May 2017, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects i should choose for graduation so as to join defence as officer

Sir i am drishti i have passed 12th class this year (2017) with both subjects.I wanna to join defence after graduation so plz tell me which subjects i should take and for which entrance exam i should start preparing

5th May 2017, 08:02 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects i should choose for graduation so as to join defence as officer

To join defence service after graduation as an officer candidates have to appear and qualify in Combined Defence Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The examination is conducted twice in a year. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Air Force - Bachelor degree with Physics and Mathematics as main paper. Age limit 19-23 years.

Navy - Bachelor degree in Engineering and age limit is 19-22 years.

Army and OTA - Bachelor degree in any discipline and age limit is 19-24 and 19-25 years respectively.

So, as according to your wing of your choice pursue your course in bachelor degree. The examination is conducted in two stages and candidates have to qualify in both stages for final selection.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in. So, you must start preparation for CDS examination.
5th May 2017, 08:53 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects i should choose for graduation so as to join defence as officer

If you are interested to join in Defence as an officer after completion of your graduation course, you have to appear in CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC. It is best to pursue Bachelor's degree in Engineering course to join in Defence. The age criteria required to appear in CDS examination for joining in Defence is 19-24 years.
6th May 2017, 09:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir i am drishti i have passed 12th class this year (2017) with both subjects.I wanna to join defence after graduation so plz tell me which subjects i should take and for which entrance exam i should start preparing
You can do any graduation degree to join in defense sector. If you fulfill below given criteria then you can join through CDS exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized University.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized University.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized University.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?