18th July 2016, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects are beneficial to study in graduation to become Indian Forest Sservice officer? Physical requirement for IFS job?

Hello sir, I have completed 12th with Science stream and now want to prepare for Indian Forest Service officer. Which subjects should I choose in graduation to become IFS officers? What is the physical requirement of candidate?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I appear in Indian Forest Service exam after B.Sc Forestry? Other subjects should I study for Indian Forest Service exam?
  2. What should I study in 11th standard to become Indian Forest Service exam?
  3. How can I become a Forest Officer being an M.Com student?
  4. How to clear IFS exam after going a job as forest range officer?
  5. How to get the IFS study material? I am preparing for Indian Forest Service Examination
  6. Physical standards for Indian forest service Examination
  7. What is the job of Indian Foreign Service Officer? What is the syllabus and which are the scoring subjects?
  8. What is the full form of IFS? Its Indian Forest Service or Indian Foreign Service? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can i apply for the post of Forest Range Officer after Post Graduation in Pharmacy?
  10. Job profile of Indian foreign service man? Syllabus of IFS and subjects should be taken for the exam? Working as Indian ambassador in foreign country after cracking IFS exam?
  11. Which stream should I choose in class 11th for UPSC examination to become an Indian Forest Service (IFS)?
  12. Am I eligible for IFS Exam being a Physiotherapist?
  13. What is IFS stands for? In which service I will get work after qualifying in UPSC exam, Forest or Foreign?
  14. Can I start IFS coaching right from class XI? For how long should I do IFS coaching?
  15. Study material for IFS exam if my optional subjects are Botany and Zoology? Best institutes providing the study material through distance learning?
  16. What should I study to become an IFS Officer?
  17. How to start preparation for IFS exam?
  18. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to join the Indian Forest Service (IFS)? -- [New]
20th July 2016, 01:59 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which subjects are beneficial to study in graduation to become Indian Forest Sservice officer? Physical requirement for IFS job?

To face the examination of Indian Forest Service which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year one must be graduate from a recognized university but not in Commerce & Arts. In graduation better to opt for Physics/Chemistry/Maths/geology/Botany/Zoology/Animal Husbandry etc.

Below I have attached the notification for the same, for your reference. Will provide you all the necessary information.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Indian Forest Service Notification.pdf(596.5 KB, 219 views)
20th July 2016, 11:36 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects are beneficial to study in graduation to become Indian Forest Sservice officer? Physical requirement for IFS job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have completed 12th with Science stream and now want to prepare for Indian Forest Service officer. Which subjects should I choose in graduation to become IFS officers? What is the physical requirement of candidate?
After completion of 12th standard, you can choose B.Sc in Zoology to become an IFS officer.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering are eligible for IFS exam.

Final year student are also eligible for IFS exam.

Physical criteria for IFS exam:-

For men:-

1. Min. height- 165cm and 5cm relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
2. Weight should be suitable with height.
3. Chest- 84cm (min) and 5cm relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates.

For women:-

1. Height - min. 150cm and 5cm relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
2. Weight should be suitable with height.
3. Chest- min.79cm and 5cm relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
25th April 2021, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

Yadav prakash Bsc computer science in distance education am i eligble to write Indian forest service examination ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?