7th September 2017, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects are important in 11th standard to become an IPS officer in future?

Which subjects are important in 11th standard to become IPS officer in future? Can you please list them and give me the tips to ensure that I will prepare well for the same? Hope that I will get some good replies from here soon as possible. Thank you!

9th September 2017, 10:09 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which subjects are important in 11th standard to become an IPS officer in future?

If your ultimate aim is to become Indian Police Service then you should opt for arts stream in 11th standard in any board and select following subjects:

1. History: Read NCERT and Tamil Nadu books.

2. Political Science.

3. Economics.

4. Geography: NCERT and GC Leong.

5. Fine arts.

You should make your own notes for these subjects and revise them at regular intervals. The notes will be foundation for Civil Services exam preparation and scoring good marks in 12th.

Select any subject from list for specialization in bachelor's degree and take that as optional subject in graduation.
9th September 2017, 11:24 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects are important in 11th standard to become an IPS officer in future?

There is no need to concentrate specially in any particular subject in 11th standard to become an IPS officer. To be eligible to apply for IPS examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course or an equivalent examination in any discipline from a Government recognised university. So, I suggest you to opt for any course of your interest for pursuing your higher studies and after that, you can apply for IPS examination.
9th September 2017, 11:36 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

You can choose Science stream or Commerce stream depending on your interest in 11th and 12th stream.

There is no compulsion to choose any particular stream in 11th.

Any graduate candidate is applicable to apply for Civil Services Exam for becoming IAS, IPS, IFS and IRS.

For clearing Civil Services Exam, you will have to pass three stages i.e.
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Personal Interview
9th September 2017, 05:11 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.P.S Officer candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

So, there is no limitation on discipline of bachelor or 12th std to appear in examination.

The syllabus of Preliminary and Mains examination contains questions of General studies ( History, Politics, Geography, Economics, Science etc ..upto 12th std).

So, if you want to qualify in examination then start reading NCERT books of these subjects from now.

Candidate need to focus on Current Affairs to qualify in examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?