5th June 2017, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

Which subject to choose in 11th standard to become an IAS officer in future?

Which subject to choose in 11th standard to become IAS officer in future? Can you please guide me with the required details on the same? It will be really helpful if you can provide me the right details as I need to really become IAS in future!

5th June 2017, 04:59 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject to choose in 11th standard to become an IAS officer in future?

After completion of 10th standard, you can take Arts stream to become an IAS exam:-

IAS exam is conducted UPSC through Civil Service Exam.

Eligibility Criteria to become IAS officer:-

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognised University are eligible for IAS exam.

Age limit:-

Age should be between 21 to 32 years.
5th June 2017, 05:55 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject to choose in 11th standard to become an IAS officer in future?

It is good that if you are interested to become IAS Officer in future but let me tell you that there is no specific stream which you have to choose in your 11th standard because to become IAS officer, a candidate must have minimum qualification of graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.
The stream in which you have more interest you can opt for that.
It totally depends upon your interest that which stream you want to choose.
Age limit to appear in this entrance exam is minimum 21 and maximum should not exceed 32 years where is age relaxation in upper age is given to reserved categories.
5th June 2017, 06:19 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS officer, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university. You can choose any stream of your interest for pursuing your 11th and 12th standard. After completion of your 12th standard with any stream of your interest, you need to pursue Bachelor's degree course in any course of your interest from a Government recognised university to be eligible to appear in IAS examination.
5th June 2017, 07:29 PM
rachamallamanoj

You can choose any stream as per your interest in 11th. For writing IAS exam you must complete degree in any stream like BA, B.Com, B.Sc, MBBS, B.Tech etc

The eligibility for IAS exam is
1. You must be a citizen of India.
2. You must complete graduation in any stream like B.Sc, BA, B.Tech, MBBS etc.
3. The minimum age limit is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 32 years. There are age relaxations provided for OBC, SC/ST castes
i. 5 years - Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)
ii. 3 years - Other Backward Classes (OBC)
4. The no. of time a candidate can write the exam is
i. General category candidates can apply for 6 times.
ii. Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Candidates have no limits.
iii. Other Backward Classes can apply for 9 times.
5th June 2017, 09:20 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

1. Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

2. Minimum age limit is 21 years.

You can choose any subject of your interest as candidates from all discipline are eligible for this examination.
5th June 2017, 09:31 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and to become an I.A.S Officer candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC every year.

As per eligibility you are eligible to pursue any stream in your 11th and even bachelor degree course ( minimum required eligibility).

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview and questions in the examination are asked mainly from Indian History, Geography, Economics, Polity, Environment, Current Affairs and even there are questions from World also.

As per syllabus most of the candidates prefer to choose Arts background from beginning but still large number of candidates qualify in examination from different course as B.Tech, B.Sc, MBBS etc.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
5th June 2017, 10:50 PM
mrghost
Member+

After 10th you can choose any stream among three:-

> Arts
> Commerce
> Science

You are eligible for UPSC civil service exam only after completion of graduation.

UPSC civil service exam are held in three stages:-

Prelims
MAINS
Interview
6th June 2017, 12:13 AM
ranu shahi

You can opt any stream in 11th standard for becoming an IAS officer because for becoming an IAS officer you need your Bachelor' degree with any reputed institutes.
You have to apply for UPSC exam for becoming an IAS officer.
6th June 2017, 12:28 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

You can choose any subject of your interest as graduate in any stream from a recognized university is eligible to write IAS exam. But in my opinion arts stream is better for IAS exam. Thanks
6th June 2017, 03:16 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

There is no compulsion for a student to choose a particular subject in 11th standard for appearing in IAS Exam.

You can choose either PCM or PCB or Commerce stream in 11th for becoming an IAS Officer.

All stream candidates are eligible to appear for Civil Services Exam conducted by UPSC.

While appearing for final year of graduation, you can apply for UPSC Civil Services Examination.

Selection of candidates will be merely based on these stages:
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Personal Interview
6th June 2017, 03:45 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. It is one of the popular civil service in India which many of the candidates would like to get into.

It is not so easy to become IAS officer. One should have strong commitment and dedication towards studies and put all the best efforts to digest so much of subject of various subjects,

As per your query, you can opt for any stream in 10+2 which you are interested and where your knowledge and skills are being fully utilized.

The minimum academic qualification that is required to get into IAS is by completion of Graduation with any of the stream.

So, you can choose the stream in 10+2 on the basis of the stream that you would like to join in Graduation.

To get into IAS or any other civil service, the selection process is as follows:
-Civil Services Preliminary Exam
-Civil Services Main Exam
-Interview

As per age criteria,
-Candidates of General category can take this exam upto 32 years.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
-Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

I would recommend to you to start taking coaching for civil services exam from the very beginning of your Graduation itself.
6th June 2017, 05:30 PM
help100%

It would be best if you stick to the science stream and PCBM is the best combination I would recommend anyone if possible, this will enrich your knowledge and later during preparation it will help you, try to focus on NCERT books of all streams and start memorising it through proper understanding. NCERT is the bible to most of the answers to UPSC civil service exam, so try to focus on them and don't ignore the basic facts on the book even if you know them try to read them again and again so that it doesn't get vaporised later on.
23rd April 2018, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

I can't understand what I have to choose after 10th to became an ias officer as all were say that artshe can spoil my future
24th February 2022, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

Q 1.Sir, how to helpful arts strem in upsc
Q .2.sir,if it better arts subject so how many paper math in upsc through arts subject.
Please give me answer.
My email address. [email protected]
Please send me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?