2nd October 2016, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

Suitable courses after 10th with Science stream from ICSE board?

Hi, I want to know which are the most suitable courses for me after passing 10th class with 70% in Science-ICSE board. It is the time when I can take crucial decisions for my career. Please guide. Thanks

Related Questions:
  1. Subjects and board which is suitable for me in 11th and 12th after giving 10th standard ICSE board exam?
  2. Can I take up Science stream after 10th from ICSE board when passed 10th in EVS?
  3. Is it beneficial to transfer from ICSE Board to CBSE Board to study Higher Secondary Science?
  4. Colleges which offers Science in 11th ISC for a candidate who has secured 85% in 10th ICSE Board exam?
  5. Can I get admission in 11th ISC Science if secured 65% in 10th ICSE?
  6. Syllabus and suitable books for preparation of 10th Science ICSE Board exam?
  7. Whether 63% in 10th ICSE is not enough to get Science in Intermediate?
  8. Which Board should I prefer among ISC and CBSE to study Higher Secondary Science if secured 75% in 10th ICSE?
  9. Which subjects and boards are suitable for a 11th and 12th standard students?
  10. How can I prepare to score good marks in 10th ICSE Board exam? Suitable books for preparation?
  11. Subjects enlisted in IGCSE Higher Secondary Science for 10th ICSE student?
  12. Which board would be better for me between ICSE and CBSE? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Is it right to change the stream from science to commerce? -- [New]
  14. List of reputed ICSE schools which offer admission in 11th Science to 10th Madhya Pradesh Board student in Bhopal?
  15. Can I get admitted with science stream in ICSE board after completing from NIOS board?
  16. Does Infosys considers 5 subjects marks according to ICSE rules?
  17. Is it difficult to study 11th Science of ISC Board if completed 10th from ICSE Board?
  18. Is ICSE's best of five Subjects applicable for IT companies or not?
2nd October 2016, 07:37 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Suitable courses after 10th with Science stream from ICSE board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I want to know which are the most suitable courses for me after passing 10th class with 70% in Science-ICSE board. It is the time when I can take crucial decisions for my career. Please guide. Thanks
Firstly, you must complete your Intermediate after passing 10th standard.

Here, after 10th you can choose either PCM or PCB stream for higher studies after 10th.

During intermediate, you can appear for entrance exams like JEE Advanced, JEE Main, NEET, etc.

These exams are entry to prestigious institutes of nation like IITs, NITs, IIITs, AIIMS, etc.
2nd October 2016, 08:13 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your 10th standard with Science stream with 70% aggregate marks from ICSE Board, you can pursue your higher studies in Diploma or Higher Secondary course of your interest. There are two sub-streams in Higher Secondary Science stream, one is Medical and the other is Non-Medical. If you are interested to become an Engineer, you can opt for Non-Medical Science stream and if you are interested to become a Doctor, you can opt for Medical Science stream for pursuing your higher studies after completion of your 10th standard.
2nd October 2016, 08:32 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The most important course after 10th is to do 10+2 from any board of education. It is better if you do 10+2 from same board from which you have done 10th. The stream in standard 10+2 should be totally done on basis of your career goal:

#Those who are interested in MBBS, BDS, Biotechnology etc course, must pursue 10+2 board in science stream with Biology as one of compulsory subjects.

#Engineering aspirants should do 10+2 in science stream with Mathematics as compulsory subject. The minimum percentage of marks required in 12th board is 50%.

#Candidates interested to make career in commerce stream can go for 10+2 in commerce stream and later go for courses like Chartered Accountancy, Company Secretary course, ICWA course.

Final selection totally depends upon your choice.
2nd October 2016, 08:45 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

After completion of 10th standard with science stream from ICSE board you have a chance to opt any of following courses :-

Sciences Stream

Medical

Non-medical

Commerce Stream

Arts Stream

I suggest you to opt for Non- medical Science stream because, mathematics is the base for all subjects in your 11th and 12th Non- medical science stream.

After completion of this course, you can pursue your higher studies in English / Hotel Management / CA/B.C.A course.
2nd October 2016, 09:27 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

After 10th you are eligible to select many courses or stream as according to your interest.

Some of better courses/stream are :-

10+2 with Science/Biology/Commerce/Arts.

ITI/Diploma/Polytechnic.

These are two options will be better for you and have major scope in higher studies as well as in jobs opportunities.
2nd October 2016, 09:37 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

As per my knowledge Diploma is the suitable option in science stream after matriculation.

**Diploma in Automobile Engineering

**Diploma in Agricultural Engineering

**Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering

**Diploma in Ceramic Technology

*Diploma in Electrical Engineering

**Diploma in Architecture Assistantship

**Diploma in Biomedical Biotechnology

**Diploma in Business Administration

**Diploma in Civil Engineering

**Diploma in Chemical Engineering

**Diploma in Computer Engineering.
3rd October 2016, 12:16 AM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As we all know that Science stream are divided mainly into two groups that is:

1. Biology Group (Physics, Biology and Chemistry as main subject)
2. Mathematics Group (Physics, Maths and Chemistry as main subject)

So, here are the list of courses for Biology group that one can opt after 10+
  • Medicine- MBBS
  • Dental Science- BDS
  • Ayurveda- BAMS
  • Homeopathy- BHMS
  • B Pharma
  • Pharma D
  • Bachelor of Physiotherapy etc

Here are the list of courses for Mathematics group that one can opt after 10+
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Civil Engineering
  • IT Engineering
  • Plastics Engineering
  • Automobile Engineering
  • Genetic Engineering
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Power Engineering
  • Textile Engineering
  • Computer Science Engineering etc

Other Science Course are:
  • B.Sc Agriculture
  • B.Sc Forestry
  • B.Sc IT
  • B.SC Electronics
  • B.Sc Horticulture
  • B.SC Mathematics
  • B.SC Biotechnology etc
Apart from this you can also opt for other courses also :

1. Law Course
2. Management courses like : BBA, BMS,BHM,Retail Management Diploma etc
3. Bachelor of Architecture
4. Designing Courses : Bachelor of Interior Designing, Bachelor of Textile Design, Furniture and Interior Design course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?