6th April 2017, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Is there any entrance exam for getting direct job in Merchant Navy?

Sir, How can I join merchant navy after securing 90% in plus two? Merchant navy is my dream job. How can I get selected in this? Is there any entrance exam for direct job in merchant navy.? Please help me with the details on this. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in ECE without giving Entrance Exam? Will there be any scholarship offered for the candidates for SC category? List of Government Colleges to join Merchant Navy?
  2. Is merchant navy a good option after 10+2 with PCM? Environment and duration of job?
  3. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
  4. How to join merchant navy after B.Tech in mechanical?
  5. How to become a marine engineer after my B.E?
  6. Can I join merchant Navy after completing B.Tech electronics and communication without entrance test or direct interview? Will there be any scholarship for SC candidates? How can I get into government colleges of Merchant Navy?
  7. How to join marine from 2nd year?
  8. Syllabus of the entrance exam of Merchant Navy? Last years question papers of Merchant Navy?
  9. Important Dates for filling the form for getting a direct job in Merchant Navy after 12th? Eligibility criteria for Corresponding Jobs?
  10. Is merchant navy comes under private sector? What are the steps followed to apply for the job in merchant navy?
  11. What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? Age limit and requirements for joining merchant navy?
  12. Can girls after doing B.Sc. join navy or merchant navy?
  13. What is the qualification required to apply for Merchant Navy job?
  14. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy?
  15. How to do graduation in marine engineering after my engineering in mechanical? What is the eligibility criteria?
  16. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. When to get the application forms for Merchant Navy being a candidate of 12th? Job Opportunities after the completion of B.Tech in Merchant Navy?
  18. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy without appearing in NDA entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria required to join Merchant Navy?
29th June 2017, 10:08 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam for getting direct job in Merchant Navy?

There are some private institutes, which offer training for merchant navy. These institutes prepare students for jobs such as deck cadets and marine engineering jobs.
Admission in these institutes are carried through an entrance followed by a screening test and a main written examination.Students need to complete a ship-training course prior to the employment. The course is generally short-term where the candidates are taught basic security concerns of voyaging.

After class 12, you can join any of the following merchant navy courses:

B.Sc. Nautical Science
B.E. Marine Engineering
B.E. Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering
B.E. Petroleum Engineering
B.E. Mechanical Engineering
B.E. Harbour & Ocean Engineering
B.E. Civil Engineering
B.E. Electrical & Electronics Engineering
B.Sc. Marine Catering
Electro Technical Officer Course

List of some of the colleges providing Merchant Navy training :-

C.V. Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar

AMET University, Chennai

Balaji Seamen Training Institute, Chennai

Centre for Maritime Education and Training, Dehradun

Mumbai Maritime Training Institute, Dehradun

Oceanic Maritime Academy, Dehradun

Applied Research International, New Delhi

Anglo Eastern Maritime Training Centre, New Delhi

Aquatech Institute of Maritime Studies, New Delhi

Fosma Maritime Institute and Research Organization, New Delhi

Oceans XV Educational Trust, New Delhi

Sriram Institute of Marine Studies, New Delhi

Indian Maritime University (MERI), Mumbai

Marine Medical Clinic, Mumbai

Marine Training Academy, Mumbai

Indian Maritime College, Chennai

Indus Seafarers Training Academy, Chennai

International Maritime Academy, Chennai

Maritime Foundation, Chennai
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?