1st November 2015, 08:20 PM
niha24

Is there any specific course which we need to take for graduation for getting the IAS Collector job?

Is there any specific course which we need to take for graduation for getting the IAS Collector job? Can you please list me down all those graduation course details soon as possible? It will be really helpful if you can answer me on this soon!

Thank you.

2nd November 2015, 12:35 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is there any specific course which we need to take for graduation for getting the IAS Collector job?

To qualify the I.A.S. exam you does,t need to go for any specific course for the graduation but if you take the Graduation course in arts stream then it will be very helpful to you because most of the part of the general knowledge is completed in this and you can make a combination of subjects in Graduation that are of you interests and then can select any one of them as your main subject in I.A.S. exam.

>> You have to regularly read the magazines that are related to Civil service exam and there articles that are posted for you like (Pratiyogita darpan).

>> You should solve the last ten years question papers of the I.A.S. exam and check that what is the matter changing every year and what can be your strength in the exam according to your interest.

>> You can also join any coaching classes for I.A.S. preparation for it Chanakya institute in Delhi and Chandigarh is giving best classes and also some other institutes are there gives the coaching for this.

>> Regularly read the best magazines as- Career 360, Rojgar samachar,Upkar publication and UPSC books corner.

Selection procedure is-

>> Preliminary exam

>> Mains exam

>> Personal interview
2nd November 2015, 08:33 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any specific course which we need to take for graduation for getting the IAS Collector job?

To become collector through IAS , you need to qualify the IAS exam that is coducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.

Eligibility:

Graduation is compulsory to appear in the exam.
Age 21-28 and relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC.

At least 60% marks in graduation and 55% marks for reserved categories to appear in the exam.

You need to take higher rank in IAS exam to become Collector.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?