14th February 2012, 08:18 PM
kabir 2012

What is the age limit for NET exam? I belong to OBC category

dear sir, I want to know that if i am able to give net exam as i am 32 years old.i belong to OBC category but my husband comes into the creamy layer.

14th February 2012, 10:32 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit for NET exam? I belong to OBC category

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir 2012 View Post
dear sir, I want to know that if i am able to give net exam as i am 32 years old.i belong to OBC category but my husband comes into the creamy layer.
NET stands for National Eligibility Test and this examination is Conducted by UGC Twice in a year to determine eligibility for lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).

~~ There is No Upper age restriction to apply for Lectureship Post

~~ But for Junior Research fellowship Post, your age should not be more than 28 years, But if you are belong to OBC Category then you will get 5 Year Relaxation on Age.

It means that your age should not be more than 33 Years.

If you come under Creamy Layer, then you have to paid the fees of Rs 450 through challan form in SBI Bank and then you are eligible to fill online application form of NET.

If you have completed your Post graduate degree course with minimum 55% marks then you are eligible for this year June NET Examination

The Notification will be expected to be declared on April 2012. So please wait for the Notification and then apply for the examination and for more information check official website :

http://ugcnetonline.in
14th February 2012, 11:23 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
If you are interested in NET
Then please go through these details below :

The basic eligibility for appearing in UGC-NET exam is a Master degree or equivalent in related subjects. The candidate must have a minimum of 55% (54.99% is not eligible) in this.
The candidates appearing or have appeared for final year exams are also eligible.
For appearing students they must produce their degree certificate within one year
from the date of this test, otherwise they will be disqualified. The candidates who
have pursued the degree as specified by UGC only are eligible for the exam.
The candidate can appear for the related subject as studied in graduation.
If the subjects are not covered as per UGC specification they can appear for their related subjects.
The candidates qualifying the exam will be called for document verification at final stage.

Qualifying examinations for UGC-NET

The candidates those who have completed their post graduation in related subjects can
appear for the exam. Those who have acquired post graduation from any recognized
university are eligible for applying UGC-NET exam.

Age Qualification for UGC-NET

The candidates appearing for JRF should not be above 28 years of age.
The candidates appearing only for lectureship have no upper age limit.
Age relaxation of 5 years will be given to SC/ST/OBC or physically disabled or
women or visually handicapped.

For giving UGC NET u have to master Degree. You can choose any subject from your master degree.
UGC NET consists of three papers
1) General studies (50 objective questions)
2) Your optional paper (50 objective questions)
3) Your optional paper (Subjective questions)
15th February 2012, 01:12 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
National eligibility test is conducted by UGC every year for the lectureship and junior research fellowship courses..

You wanted to know the age eligibility to appear in NET exam..

Age eligibility for NET exam:------------
-----------------------------------------

For lectureship----> No upper age limit..

For Junior research fellowship ----> Upper age limit is 28 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

So, as you are from OBC category then your upper age limit will be 31 years..
You will have enough opportunity to crack the exam.

Get prepare for the exam..
All the best..
15th February 2012, 09:37 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

There is No Upper age limit in the NET exam to apply for Lectureship Post.

But for Junior Research fellowship Post, your age should not be more than 28 years, But if you are belong to OBC Category then you will get 5 Year Relaxation on Age.It means that your age should not be more than 33 Years.

The eligibility criteria for the same is as under-

1. A Post graduate degree with minimum 55% marks.

2. No age & attempt restriction for Lectureship post.
15th February 2012, 10:43 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

NET - NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST is conducted by UGC twice every year one in the month of June and other in the month of December for selection of Lectureship and award of JRF(Junior Research Fellowship).

The candidate having post graduate degree in any discipline or equivalent degree with 55% marks from a recognised University can apply for UGC NET.

The candidate should not be less then 19 years and there is no bar to upper age who is applying for Lectureship and there is upper age limit of 28 years who is applying for NET JRF.

As you belong to OBC category for application to Lectureship there is no upper age bar and if you would have applied for JRF there is an upper age relaxation up to 5 years i.e. up to 33 years you can apply for JRF.

For NET June 2012 exam the notification is expected in the month of April 2012.

So please be updated with the official website of CSIR i.e. www.ugcnetonline.in for further information.
15th February 2012, 12:24 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

N.E.T. - National Eligibility Test

N.E.T. examination is conducted by U.G.C. and U.G.C.-C.S.I.R. twice in year. One is held in June and another is held in December.National Eligibility Test (N.E.T.) to determine eligibility for lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship (J.R.F.)

SET 2012 Eligibility:-

--> A Candidate must passed 12th examination in any branch with minimum 50% for general category / O.B.C. and for S.C. / S.T. student 45 per cent mark is required.

--> For General ------ maximum 28 years
For O.B.C ----- maximum 31 years
For S.C. / S.T. / others----- maximum 33 years

For details visit :

http://www.ugc.ac.in

~regards~
priyo
15th February 2012, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

now i am complited pluse tow biology science,I have any oprtunity in navy
27th April 2012, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

prerana
sir my post graduation is complete but my marks is not good for net exam my marks is 53% so how can i apply in net exam kya koi resrivation nahi h womens ke liye
1st May 2012, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

I m female (OBC) got 52% marks.Can apply for ugc net
11th June 2012, 11:32 PM
mnbgvs

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. NET Exam is being conducted by UGC (University Grants Commission).

This exam will be conducted
-for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
-and also for eligibility into Lectureship

One should have to score a minimum of 55% of marks in their Post Graduation course in order to be eligible for this exam.
-Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for teh candidates of SC/ST category.

As per age criteria,
There is no upper age limit at all required for the candidate for Lectuership.
-But for JRF, one should be in the age group of 19-28 years.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of OBC and also for SC/ST category candidates.

So, check yourself whether you possess the required age criteria to appear for this exam or not by having a glance over above mentioned age criteria.

If you fulfill this eligibility criteria and if you are interested to take this exam, you can opt for the same.

For updated information on this exam, you can visit
http://www.ugcnetonline.in/
14th June 2012, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,my age is 32 years ,Ihad completed my M.B.A and i belong to general category?
26th July 2012, 02:45 AM
Unregistered

I AM 38 YEARS OLD AND A TEACHER OF GOVT. AIDED SCHOOL . AM I ELLIGBLE FOR NET EXAM FOR LECTURERSHIP ?
26th July 2012, 05:59 PM
samatha89
Member+

your age should not be more than 33 Years.

If you come under Creamy Layer, then you have to paid the fees of Rs 450 through challan form in SBI Bank and then you are eligible to fill online application form of NET.

If you have completed your Post graduate degree course with minimum 55% marks then you are eligible for this year June NET Examination

The Notification will be expected to be declared on April 2012. So please wait for the Notification and then apply for the examination and for more information check official website :
11th August 2012, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

i am female belonging to general category who is 31 years old am i eligible for csir ugc jrf?
9th September 2012, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

i got 52% in M.Sc(Comp. Sci.).I belong to obc category.can i eligible for net/set/phd.
28th September 2012, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

What is the age limit for NET exam? I belong to general category
1st October 2012, 12:19 AM
royal.heart

Hi dear,
NET stands for National Eligibility Test and this examination is Conducted by UGC Twice in a year to determine eligibility for lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).

~~ There is No Upper age restriction to apply for Lectureship Post

~~ But for Junior Research fellowship Post, your age should not be more than 28 years, But if you are belong to OBC Category then you will get 5 Year Relaxation on Age.

It means that your age should not be more than 33 Years.

Thanks
18th November 2012, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

can i give net in rural development
15th August 2013, 01:17 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

through NET, you can either apply for JRF ( Junior Research Fellowship ) and lectureship

There is no age limit for lectureship but if you want to apply for JRF, then your age should be below 28 years as on June 1st of year of appearing

Relaxation of 5 year for SC/ST and 3 year for OBC is given

Also, If you are having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of PG degree, you can also get the age relaxation subject to a maximum of 5 years, on production of a certificate from apt authority OR If you possess LLM degree, three years of age relaxation will be permitted

All the best

15th August 2013, 01:35 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: What is the age limit for NET exam? I belong to OBC category

Hi

through NET, you can either apply for JRF ( Junior Research Fellowship ) and lectureship

There is no age limit for lectureship but if you want to apply for JRF, then your age should be below 28 years as on June 1st of year of appearing

Relaxation of 5 year for SC/ST and 3 year for OBC is given

Also, If you are having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of PG degree, you can also get the age relaxation subject to a maximum of 5 years, on production of a certificate from apt authority OR If you possess LLM degree, three years of age relaxation will be permitted

All the best

15th August 2013, 10:02 PM
arpina

HELO,

There is no age limit for NET exam.

ALL THE BEST!!
15th August 2013, 11:44 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir 2012 View Post

Dear Aspirant,

-->> A candidate who have done their Post Graduation OR Master Degree in any discipline can apply for the NET Examination.......

-->> NET exam is conducted by the University Grant Commission (UGC) twice time in the single year, NET stands for the National Eligibility Test....

This exam is conducted for the Two post that is
1. Junior Research Fellowship
2. Lectureship
Educational Qualification:-

-->> A candidate must hold PG degree or Master Degree in any stream from the UGC Recognized Universities can apply for it.......

-->> A candidate who have appeared their Final year exam of PG can also apply for the NET exam....

-->> A candidate must have secure at least 55% in their PG or Master Degree. a candidate belong to SC/ST category are eligible with 50% also.....

-->> A candidate who are appearing for JRF post age of them not exists more then 28 years....

-->> For Lecturer post no any upper age limit any candidate can apply for it No age Criteria for this post......

-->> Relaxation for the OBC/SC/ST category up to 5 years applicable on upper age.......

Quote:
'' Since, your age is 32 years then you are eligible for it....''

All the best

With Regards.....
DHARM
16th August 2013, 12:09 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

NET Exam is conducted for:
Lecturership
Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)

Age Limit:
Lectureship-No age limit
JRF-maximum age to apply is 28 years
OBC/WOMEN/SC/ST candidates can apply till 33 years

Educational Qualifications for the UGC-NET exams is:
Post Graduation pass
Minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation for the General and OBC candidates
Minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates
16th August 2013, 12:26 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Hai friend
NET stands for National Eligibility Test.This exam is conducted by UGC twice in every year.
**Age Limit :
-->There is no upper age limit for lectureship.

-->For Junior research fellowship
Upper age limit is 28 years.
-->For SC/ST candidates the age relaxation is of 5 years and for the OBC candidates the age relaxation is of 3 years.
So, as you are from OBC category
then your age limit should be below
31 years.
Thank You
16th August 2013, 12:45 AM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. NET exam Being Conducted by UGC.This exam will be conducted for the award of junior Research Fellowship(JRF) and also for eligibility into Lectureship.

NET Eligibility Criteria:

Candidates who have got P.G with 55% from any recognized unviersity.

Final year students are also to apply for this exam.

Age limit:

For Lectureship:

There is no upper age limit for applying for lectureship.

For Junior Research Fellowship:

Candidates should not more than 28 years.

**Age relaxation for OBC Category: upto 5 years.

Age relaxation for SC/ST category: upto 5 years.

all the best.............
17th August 2013, 12:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For UGC NET Lecturership exam there is no age limit and if you have the qualification then apply for it by selecting LS option in the application form.

There are two options in the application one is LS and other is JRF(Junior Research Fellowship).

If you are applying for JRF then you must satisfy the age criteria which is below 28 years for General Category candidates. Age relaxation of 5 years is given to SC/ST/PWD/OBC category candidates.

So you can apply for it if you want to become a lecturer in Government college for which there is no age limit.

Educational Qualification:

Must be a Post Graduate Degree holder with 55% marks .

Relaxation of 5% marks is available to SC/ST/PWD category candidates.

Exam Pattern:

So be prepared for exam by concentrating on above pattern of the exam.

For more information visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?