9th March 2013, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

What can I do after passing 12th arts to become IPS? What is the percentage required?

What can I do after +2 arts to become Ips?And how many % is required???/

2nd April 2013, 04:08 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What can I do after passing 12th arts to become IPS? What is the percentage required?

Pass in 12th is not enough to join IAS. Bachelor degree in any subject is the basic qualification for civil services. No specific percentage of marks is required. Selection is done through prelims and mains exam. Detailed information can be collected from the website of exam conducting body i.e. UPSC.
2nd April 2013, 04:58 PM
22virdi
Junior Member+

Default Re: What can I do after passing 12th arts to become IPS? What is the percentage required?

dear friend

after +2 is IPS is not joined . for IPS joining have need the any graduation in any stream and any recognized university . and in the IPs is not specific percentage of marks is required .

but the you have need the good knowledge english , math , and GK , .

first you have need the enters test and you perfect in the medical fitness like height is chest , eye sight ,
Attached Files
File Type: pdf (www.entrance-exam.net)-IPS Sample Paper 1.pdf(277.2 KB, 94 views)
2nd April 2013, 08:30 PM
priyadarshini patnaik

Hello Friend,
IPS is simply known as Indian Police Service. The IPS exam conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.
Eligibility:
Educational Qualification:
To eligible for becoming an IPS the candidate must posses a degree from an Indian University or an equivalent qualification.
Those in the final year of a degree course can also appear in the preliminary exam .

The candidate must have attained the age 21 year on 1st August of the year of examination & must not have attained 30 year of age on that date.
The upper age limit will be relaxed by 3 year for OBC candidate & 5 year for SC/ST candidates.
The upper age limit is also relaxed in favor of Defense Sevices Personnel.

Other Eligibility:
For IPS the candidate should be a citizen of India.
so,Graduation degree in any discipline is the minimum educational qualification required to become an IPS.
There is no percentage required to apply for IPS.

Thank You.
2nd April 2013, 08:53 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

IPS - Indian Police Service and to become an IPS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year after Graduation. So after 12th one is not eligible for IPS and there is no requirement of any percentage of marks in Graduation to apply for IPS, Civil Service Exam.

Eligibility for IPS, Civil Service Exam:-

-The candidate must be an Indian National
-Should have either appeared for the final Graduation Degree or passed in any stream from a recognised University.
-Should be within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.
-Should have possessed good Physical Fitness.

So as you are interested for IPS, you should first complete Graduation Degree but after 12th you can start preparation for Civil Service along with your regular studies.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?