20th January 2012, 07:31 PM
shaikh shireen banu

What is the duration of IAS officer course after graduation?

what is the duration of complete ias officer after graduation...please tell me what is it

Related Questions:
  1. Physical fitness requirements, starting salary and duration of IAS Officer training for 2nd PUC student?
  2. Which will be most preferred field for graduation to become an IAS Officer?
  3. How can I become an IAS officer? I am pursuing Physiotherapy
  4. How can I become an IAS officer after pursuing Physiotherapy?
  5. How much % required in Graduation to become an IAS officer?
  6. How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th?
  7. What is the work-profile of an IES mechanical officer in various sectors? Does IES officer have same powers as IAS officer?
  8. Which field I should opt for in graduation to get selected as IAS officer?
  9. What should I do to become an IAS officer? What type of graduation is required for IAS officer post? I have passed my 12th -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Which graduation course should be done for getting into Indian defence sector or as IAS officer?
  11. Which course should I take for graduation to become an IAS officer?
  12. Can I become IAS Officer after completion of Graduation in Geography? Which subjects should I choose for this?
  13. What do I have to do to become an IAS officer? I am doing graduation with PCB
  14. How can I become IAS officer being in Physiotherapy stream
  15. Can a candidate of 10+2 after enrolling for CA course is eligible to become IAS officer?
  16. Is it possible to fill IAS prelims form using 2nd graduation degree? -- [New]
  17. How can I become an IAS Officer being a 9th student? Detailed information about IAS?
  18. How to become an IAS officer after doing graduation in Agriculture stream? What is the syllabus?
21st January 2012, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the duration of IAS officer course after graduation?

I AM THIRD YEAR COMPUTER SCIENCE B.TECH ENGINEERING STUDENT AND I WANNA BE JOIN TO THE IAS SO PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT THIS AND HOW I BECOME AN IAS OFFICER.....
6th March 2012, 09:35 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikh shireen banu View Post
what is the duration of complete ias officer after graduation...please tell me what is it

If your aspiring to become an IAS officer then you should apply for civil service examination , which is conducted by upsc ( Union Public Service Commission ) for every year . The Examination is divided into three levels namely ,

-Preliminary Examination
-Main Examination
-Interview

You have to crack the all the three levels then only you may become an IAS officer . If your interested to apply for Civil service examination then yo should complete bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university . There is no minimum percentage of marks require in Civil service Examination , If your qualified in graduation then your eligible to apply for the examination .

Final year candidate also eligible to apply for preliminary examination (Civil Services Aptitude Test ) . There need to submit previous semester mark sheet for verification purpose . Preliminary Examination held in month of may every year .

If your crack the preliminary examination , then your eligible for Main examination . This Examination is held in the month of October for every year .

You age should be not less then 21 years and not more then 30 years . relaxation is given for candidates like,

For sc/st candidates :- 5 years
For obc candidates :- 3 years
For Physically challenged candidates :- 10 years

Every candidates may eligible to apply for attempt examination for 4 times for general candidates and 7 times for obc candidates and there is on limit for sc/st candidates there can apply for any number of times till the age of 35 years .

Syllabus for IAS Examination :-

If your satisfy the eligibility criteria then your eligible for apply for IAS Examination .

Important Notification for CSAT :-

- Notification Date :- 4 / 02 / 2012
- Last Date to Apply :- 05 / 03 / 2012
- Exam Date :- 20 / 05 / 2012
6th March 2012, 10:13 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

There is no such specific IAS officer course to become an IAS officer.

IAS- INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER, to become an IAS officer, you have to appear and crack CIVIL SERVICE EXAM conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years, is eligible to apply for Civil Service Exam. There is upper age relaxation for SC/ST/PH candidate up to 5 years and for OBC candidate p to 3 years.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary Exam comprises of all objective type questions.

Civil Service Main Exam comprises of subjective type questions from the prescribed syllabus.

Personal Interview

As the Civil Service exam is the toughest and competitive one, at least one year full preparation is must before sitting for the exam. Some Institutions conducts preparatory courses for Civil Service Exam but self preparation will be the best as there are so many preparation books available in the market for preparation of Civil Service exam which you can choose.

The registration process for Civil Service exam has already been over the CSAT exam will be held on 20.05.2012.

For more information you may log on to www.upsc.gov.in
21st April 2012, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

i completed my graduation in june bt my age is below 21 years..and i want become an ias officer.heena naaz,b.com final..
12th January 2013, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

sir i have complete my matric and now i am in 1
30th January 2013, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply 4 ias after bsc n wat to prepare 4 it n course of it pls pls arwa gendi
8th February 2013, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i have no idea and no basic knowledge for appearing IAS/IPS exams. But i have too much like and courage to take a IAS/IPS rank holder. Sir, can i get a better rank in IAS/IPS ? I have 80%-SSLC, 88%-Plus2, 79.5% B.com degree. Because of my family poverty, i could not attend higher studies. For my family, i went to United Arab Emirates and joined a private company as an Accountant post. My degree completed 2007. Now my family not so wealthy, but average level. I am too interested to become an IAS/IPS officer. Sir, I need guidence from you as a brother. And I need step from the least first step. I need to fresh my mind and need to construct a stable mind to secure high rank. Kindly need a best coaching centre like my character and starting from deep.. Subesh Cholayil
8th February 2013, 06:33 PM
helper1

hello friend,

IAS is the entrance exam for the IAS job post .

IAS entrance exam has been conducted by the UPSC department every year which is most toughest entrance exam

IAS entrance exam eligibility:

1. you should be passed the graduation from any recognized university.
2, age must be between the 21 to 30 years.
age relaxation as per gov. rules

3. Indian citizen.

selection process:
1. Written test Preliminary entrance exam
2, Main entrance exam
3. Interview etc

Preliminary entrance exam has been held on July .
then after the 2 month on the based of the result of Preliminary entrance exam you can be give the main entrance exam

then after the 2 month Interview will be held .

On the based of Main entrance exam and interview you have to be IAS officer

for more details : www.upsc.gov.in

thank you!
18th March 2013, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

I complite graduation in bcom so i apply ias.
8th April 2013, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

I have cataract in my eyes and my left eye has already been operated and the right one might be operated.So please tell me whether I am eligible for IAS exams?
19th April 2013, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

What is the course duration for IAS course
20th April 2013, 09:37 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

It is nice that you want to join IAS exam.

IAS exam stands for Indian Administrative service which is conducted by UPSC.

To join this exam,
you must be graduate from a recognized university

Age limit is 21-30 years.

you must be citizen of India.

IAS exam consist;-

Civil service Preliminary exam

Civil services Mains exam

Interview

Preliminary exam consist one day only,

Mains exam is conducted based on your prelims exam performance after about 2 moths.

Same time is taken Interview/Personality test.

All the best.......................
1st September 2013, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am a M.A. Student with English major ..can i prepare for IAS entrnce parallely with my MA course??
2nd September 2013, 11:46 AM
A.prashanth yadav

DEAR FRIEND

It is nice that you want to join in IAS exam.

IAS exam stands for Indian Administrative service which is conducted by UPSC.

To join this exam,
You must be graduate from a recognized university

Age limit is 21-30 years.

You must be citizen of India.

IAS exam consist:-

Civil service preliminary exam

Civil service main exam

Interview

preliminary exam consist one day only,

Mains exam is conducted based on your prelims exam performance after about 2 months.

Same time is taken Interview/personality test.

Syllabus for IAS Examination;-

All the best...........................
24th October 2013, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am a medical student of final year, after completion of my MBBS I wl hv to do internship for 1 yr, so can I prepare for IAS exams along with my internship?
1st December 2013, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

sir i am Narendra kumar saini . now i am doing bcom 1 year from bcom 1year
31st May 2014, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

sir how i can become an ips officer ?i have to give the preliminary exam for this also or there is another way ?
21st October 2014, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir.
i have done bsc(c.s.) and would like to go for IAS . i am not clear with the procedures after entrance exam.
19th August 2015, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have continue bcom 2nd year and I have become an ias officer so that please tell me detail about IAS before completed graduation so I will join us ?
19th August 2015, 08:00 PM
Career advisor

If You want to become an IAS officer after graduation,then you have to appear in the civil services exam.
Eligibility:
The candidate must hold a bachelor's degree in any discipline from the recognised university of India.
Age Limit:
21-32 for General category
21-35 for OBC
21-37 for SC/ST
21-42 for Gen-PH
21-45 for OBC-PH
21-47 for SC/ST-PH.
20th August 2015, 01:34 AM
JSD.

IAS Indian Administration Service is a department or post by the government. Basically for this you have to crack an examination known as CSE.

Civil service examination is conducted by the Upsc every year. This examination completes itself in three stages.If appearing aspirant successfully completes it than he/she will be get the respected post accordingly.

1. Preliminary.
2. Mains.
3. Interview.

Preliminary examination is of objective type exam.Mains is an written exam.

To be eligible for this exam it is must to have a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Also the age of appearing aspirant must lie in between 21 year to 30 year to be completely eligible for this exam.

So dear aspirant you have to clear all these three stages to become an IAS officer.
3rd September 2015, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

sir plz tell me how can do study of IAS but my femly candition is not good we are so not wealthy so how i can do this course
26th June 2016, 01:52 AM
Unregistered

Sir I want to know that is bcom 3rd year student is eligible to prepare for ias
1st February 2017, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

I am a b.sc final year student i want to pursue ias by upsc entrance i want to know that when all the three stages of the exam are completed ,one is ready to be called as ias officer and i want the best guidance for preparation of the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?