6th February 2011, 01:15 PM
anupamavenugopalan

What kind of jobs one gets in a software industry?

most of the times our work environment is entirely different from our college and studies.may i know what category of work will be allocated for cs engineers and IT engineers.please explain me elaborately regarding the work environment .Also its quite common now-a-days that all branch people like mechanical,ECE,EEE engineers are employed for software industry,then what sort of work will be alloted to them.pl do help me for getting a clear idea.. also tat will work category differ from company to company???i m in need of this clarifications.pl do help me soon.

Related Questions:
  1. Should an engineer do MBA if he's not interested in Software Industry jobs? Which streams, colleges and universities to prefer?
  2. What position is suitable for me to apply for software job?
  3. What kind of jobs one gets in a software industry?
  4. Which are the best course to do after completion of Civil Engineering to get jobs in software side?
  5. Can I get jobs other than software jobs after completing B.Tech IT? What kind of jobs are provided in IT field?
  6. Software jobs after M.Sc applied maths?
  7. Can mechanical engineer apply for software job? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. What should I do in order to get abroad placement after completing B.Tech in EEE branch? Should I go for software industry?
  9. Am I eligible for M.Tech in computer science or information technology after doing B.E in mechanical engineering?
  10. Is it possible for me to get a job in software industry if I know C language after completion of B.Tech Electronics and Communication branch? -- [New]
  11. Is it easy for electrical engineers to get software jobs in IT industry?
  12. What are the companies where I can try for job having knowledge in following areas?
  13. What are the job opportunities available in government sector after completion of B.Sc Mathematics?
  14. Job Opportunities for me after completion of B.Tech having 2 years gap after 12th?
  15. How to get software jobs after scoring 58% in 10th, 63% in 12th and 68% in B.E (ECE)
  16. How to enter into software industry after passing B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation with 69.14%
  17. What kind of job should I apply after B.Tech in IT if I am not interested in Software related job? Are there any government jobs like IAS for which I can apply?
  18. Can I get a good job after doing BBA? What is the maximum salary package?
6th February 2011, 04:49 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What kind of jobs one gets in a software industry?

Hi anu
i think you are recently graduate thats why you have all these question in your mind ..and you know i do have all these or you can say all engineers have these type of question in their mind while passing out of college..

But donot worry about work environment..as it is good in all companies and this also depend on company to company so you cannot ask this as general..

and types of jobs in IT are of many type like

BPO
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
SOFTWARE TESTER
SOFTWARE MANAGEMENT
and many more ..when you join in a company then they will train you according to their requirement and make you to work in same ..
7th February 2011, 01:47 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of jobs one gets in a software industry?

hi...
generally the freshers selected in software field are given training by the companies were you would be thought what to do and also you will learn how to work with the professionals coming from different backgrounds ,
the companies take all care to see that your transition from college to professional life is smooth and you need not worry about that,
after the completion of your training you will be given projects of different kinds but most of them will be programming projects only
all the best
7th February 2011, 04:03 AM
Renuka PRASAD

any person can get a job in software companies today provided he should have good programming skills
8th June 2011, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am in mechanical engg. now & want to work in marine or merchant field so what to do after degree ?
20th August 2011, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

i am a diploma electrical and electronics student i want to what all software course are there and what job i will get in that field
14th November 2011, 01:17 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

hello friend
below are given some of the types of job you can get in a software company:
BPO
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
SOFTWARE TESTER
SOFTWARE MANAGEMENT
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
MARKETING MANAGEMENT
and many more
26th November 2011, 12:45 PM
arun199011

For graduates software companies offering more opportunities.The fields you will get in software industries are
1.program developer.
2.Testing field.
3.Networking field.
4.DBA Back end jobs.
5.BPO.
6.Human Resource.
7.Software management.
29th December 2011, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

presently i m working in steel industry for about 2 years and i got fed up with this job hence i m thinking of switching to software job so how should i enter into this field , i mean are there any courses through which i can get a job in software companies?????
4th January 2012, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

what course better for my future?
16th January 2012, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

WHAT TYPES OF JOBS ARE IN THE IT INDUSTRY
28th September 2012, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

I do A Level Course from DOEACC Society...What are the opportunities for me in IT Industry..?
26th June 2013, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

What salary can i get in software company?
13th August 2013, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

how can one become s/w tester? wht is salary range?can a fresher join as a s/w tester?
13th August 2013, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

how can one be a software tester?can a fresher join as a software tester?what is the salary range ?
18th February 2014, 01:19 PM

hello friend
below are given some of the types of job you can get in a software company:
BPO
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
SOFTWARE TESTER
SOFTWARE MANAGEMENT
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
MARKETING MANAGEMENT
and many more
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?