8th April 2017, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum intermediate percentage required for IPS?

What is the minimum intermediate percentage required for IPS? Can you please let me know the criteria's which are followed to me? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon on this. Awaiting to get the response on this. Thank you!

9th April 2017, 09:21 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum intermediate percentage required for IPS?

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer you need to clear Civil Services examination held by UPSC.

*** The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in Civil Services examination are as below :-

* You must be an Indian citizen.

* Your age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years. Upper age limit relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree in any subject of your choice from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of same degree are also eligible.

Now as you are concerned about the minimum aggregate required in intermediate degree course for appearing in Civil Services examination then there is no such requirement as for the same examination aggregate and stream of academics does not matters.

For more information about Civil Service examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
9th April 2017, 11:17 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment as an I.P.S Officer candidates to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree or appearing for final year examination from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

There is no limitation on minimum aggregate in bachelor or 12th std to appear for examination.

The candidates have to qualify in three stages of examination for final selection.

For any extra information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
9th April 2017, 04:10 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. As per my knowledge, you are not eligible for Indian Police Service examination after Intermediate. For this examination candidate must have passed Graduation from a recognized university. Candidates should be a citizen of India
The age of candidates must be in between 21 to 30 years.

NOTE: There is no minimum percentage are required to apply for the IPS Examination.
12th April 2017, 12:43 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the minimum intermediate percentage required for IPS? Can you please let me know the criteria's which are followed to me? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon on this. Awaiting to get the response on this. Thank you!
IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University then you are eligible for IPS exam. IPS exam doesn't require any percentage marks in 12th standard.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?