9th September 2012, 12:28 PM
a.awez

What is the minimum qualification required for admission in engineering

What is the minimum qualification for admisson in engineering?

6th November 2012, 07:06 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum qualification required for admission in engineering

Dear Friend,

The Minimum Qualifications required for admission in Engineering Courses are :

* You must have passed 12th from any recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks.

* You must have Physics, Chemistry and Maths as your key subjects in 12th.

* Your age should not lie below 15 years.

* You have to clear Engineering Entrance Examinations in order to get admission.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
7th November 2012, 03:52 PM
Ravi kumar pawar
Member+

Default Re: What is the minimum qualification required for admission in engineering

Hi
Minimum qualification for engineering are:

Minimum 12th with maths stream[physics, chemistry, maths subject]

Minimum age 15 year

You should pass different engineering entrance exam such as IIT JEE, AIEEE, PET.

Best of luck
7th November 2012, 04:04 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

There are two ways to get admission for B.Tech. First way is after completing 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as the subjects. After you have completed the 12th standard, you will need to appear for entrance exam.

In 2013 there will be several choices for you but they won't include IIT-JEE. Some of the choices you will have next you are:

ISEET

UPSEE

BITSAT

The ISEET is the exam that will eventually replace IIT-JEE and AIEEE entrance exam from next year onwards. So if you want admission in IITs and NITs, you will have to give this particular entrance exam. Here is the eligibility criteria.

Eligibility for ISEET

1. Must have passed 12th standard with PCM subjects.

2. At least 40 percent marks in 12th board.

The other way to take admission for Engineering is through lateral entry. But to be eligible you should either have completed diploma in Engineering after 10th standard or Bachelor of Science course after completing 12th.

In both circumstances, you can take admission for the B.Tech course. You will get admission in the second year of the engineering course. The requirement for lateral entry is 50-60 percent marks in diploma or B.Sc.

You can either appear for LEET entrance exam or check the list of colleges that offer direct admission. Some universities do prefer to conduct their own entrance exam. However none of the described ways can get you admission in NIT or IIT.
7th November 2012, 08:01 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Hello Friend,

There are two ways through which you can take admission in Engineering Courses. These are :

a) Through Cracking Engineering Entrance Examination

b) Through Lateral Entry

A ) Through Engineering Entrance Examination :

* The Minimum Eligibility Criteria required to appear in engineering entrance examinations is you must have passed 12th with a minimum of 50% marks from any recognized board.

* You must have passed 12th with Physics , Chemistry and Maths as your key subjects.

* If you crack any of the Engineering entrance examinations , then you can get admission in Engineering Courses like B.E./B.Tech.

Some Of The Engineering Entrance Exams are :

* ISEET

* UPSEE

* BITSAT

* MH-CET

* COMED-K

B ) Through Lateral Entry :

In this , you must have completed Diploma In Engineering Courses after passing 10th.

Hope the above mentioned will provide you the information you were searching for.
7th November 2012, 10:03 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Minimum Eligibility Criteria / Academic qualifications for B.Tech Programmes:-

Should have passed the 10+2 examination with minimum 65% marks in aggregate, from recognized Board/University with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects:
(a) Chemistry
(b) Bio-Technology
(c) Computer Science
(d) Biology

OR

Should have passed Diploma Course in Engineering & Technology of three years duration or more with minimum 60% marks in aggregate, from State Board of Technical Education, Haryana or its equivalent.

~regards~
priyo06
17th May 2013, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

what should i do after passing 10th exams as my subject are maths and science(different carrier option)?
15th May 2014, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

pls help me...how can i get admission in an engienearing cource....i am not able to pass entrence exam...i just got 9 for physics and chemistry and 14 for maths.... can i get admission...i get 71 percentage for physics and maths in 12 th exam and 61 percent in maths exam..pls help me
17th May 2014, 02:42 AM
Unregistered

I got 40% marks in physics chemistry and maths. Can I eligible to get mechanical engineering seat
21st May 2014, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

If I get below 60 percentage in 12th science then can I get admission in marine engineering?
10th June 2014, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

Plz help me.......plz help me.....plz plz......i m not abl to pass entrance exam.....my pcm percntg is 41percnt and total percntg is 46 percnt.........can i get admission in any stream of engneering.....plz hlp me.....plz give me some solution plz....help
14th October 2017, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

I passed 12th standard with physics,chemistry and biology but no maths subject.after that I did graduation with physics, chemistry and maths , so am I eligible to take admission for BE or B.tech.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?