22nd July 2012, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

What is the pattern of IAS exam for Mechanical Engineering students?

pattern for IAS exam related to mechanical engineering.
which are the two types of exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I opt for Physics and Mechanical Engineering for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  2. What should be my preparation pattern pursuing 3rd year of my B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) and pasionate to become an IPS and want to start preparation for IAS exam?
  3. Which optional subjects should Mechanical Engineering students choose?
  4. Is the IAS Exam pattern changed?
  5. Which books should I read for Mechanical engineering subjects as per IAS syllabus?
  6. Review regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?
  7. What should I do to clear IAS Exam? Which books to prepare for this Exam? Exam pattern for this Exam? How to start preparation for this Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Information regarding procedure for IAS Exam being a candidate of 3rd year Mechanical Engineering?
  9. Should I go for Diploma to Degree in Mechanical or Engineering in Mechanical after completion of 10+2 to become IAS Officer?
  10. Exam pattern and syllabus for IAS entrance exam? I am a 4th year engineering student in ECE
  11. Which subjects I can choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?
  12. Am I eligible for IAS/IPS entrance exam? I have completed diploma in Mechanical Engineering -- [New]
  13. Information about IAS entrance exam pattern?
  14. Which subjects are better for B.E Computer Science Engineering candidate to take for IAS exam?
  15. Solved Question Papers for IAS Exam for Mechanical Engineering?
  16. What is the syllabus and pattern of IAS exam?
  17. Required Qualification to give IAS Exam? Study Materials to prepare for this Exam being a candidate from BE in Mechanical Engineering?
  18. Government exams which are suitable for B.E ECE students? General pattern for preparing for government exam? Is an engg graduate comfortable for preparing for IAS exam?
5th October 2012, 07:17 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the pattern of IAS exam for Mechanical Engineering students?

The exam pattern does not change for Civil Service Exam. It remains the same regardless of you have compelted graduation in Engineering, Commerce, Arts etc. The only thing changes in the optional subject which each candidate is free to select.

As you may know there are two parts of the Civil Service Exam.

1) Preliminary Exam

2) Main Exam

Preliminary Exam

The preliminary exam are the qualifying exam. There marks are not added to your final total. This exam is taken to qualify for the Main exam which would determine you faith. There are two papers in the preliminary exam.

1) General Studies

2) Optional Subject

The questions in general studies paper are related to history, economics, general knowledge etc. You should read NCERT books for Class 12th to prepare for this exam. Additionally read a lot of news to be aware of important news and events taking place in the world.

For the second paper you have the option to select the subject from a list given to you. Now it is up to you to decide the subject. You can choose Mechanical Engineering since you just completed graduation in it. Mainly candidates go for easy subject like Geography or History with the intention of passing the exam.

Main Exam

There are total of 9 papers in the main exam which would seal your faith. Out of these two papers on language are just qualifying papers just to test your language skills and the marks of these papers will not be added to final tally. The 9 papers are:

1) Indian Language

2) English

3) Essay

4) General Studies I

5) General Studies II

6) Optional Subject I - Paper 1

7) Optional Subject I - Paper 2

8) Optional Subject II - Paper 1

9) Optional Subject II - Paper 2

You will have to choose 2 optional subjects in the Main exam. There will be 4 papers on these exams, 2 papers on each subject. For Indian language paper, you will have the option to choose from several regional languages like Tamil, Hindi, Gujarati etc.
5th October 2012, 09:31 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the pattern of IAS exam for Mechanical Engineering students?

Hai,

Hello friend there is no differant pattern for a science or commerce or maths stream students, because it's a unique pattern for every graduation completed student.

IAS - Indian Administrative Service

IAS exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidate should be complete graduation from a recognised university.

Final year persuing candidates can also be eligible.

The candidate should be a citizen of india.

Age criteria:-

The age limits are 21 years to 30years,

3 years upper age relaxation for OBC candidates,

5years upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Number of attempts:-

4 times for general candidates,

7 times for OBC candidates,

No limit for SC/ST candidates.

Selection process:-

Preliminary exam,

Main exam,

Personal interview.

Pattern of exam:-

For more details CLICK HERE

All the best.
27th January 2013, 09:53 PM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

Hello Friend,

IAS stands for Indian Administration Service. This exam is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) through CSAT exams means Exams for Civil services.

Eligibility Criteria:

1. Candidate must be graduate in any stream from reognized University with any grade.
2. Must citizen of India.
3. Age Limit: 21-30 years (Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates.

No. of Attempts:

1. General Candidate: 4
2. OBC: 7
3. SC: Unlimited

Exam: Exam can be divided into three main sections:

1. Preliminary Exam:

It can be divided into two main papers, one is general Knowledge which is compalsory for all. Second is optional, candidate can select according to his/her choice.

PAPER I:

-History of India and Indian National Movement

-Current Events of National and International Importance

-Indian and World Geography

-Indian Polity and Governance

-Economics and Social Development

-General Science

-General Issue on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and climate change

PAPER II:

-Comprehenssion

-English Language Comprehension

-General Mental Ability

-Logical Reasoning and Analytical ability

-Decision Making and Problem solving

-Basic Numeracy

-Interpersonal Skills

2. Main Exam

PAPER I: GK

PAPER II: any optional Subject

PAPER III: Language English

This exam will be of 2300 marks as total.

3. Interview

List of optional Subjects:

1. Geology

2. Botany

3. Zoology

4. Indian History

5. Agriculture

6. Geography

7. Sociology

8. Statics

9. Medical Science

10. Political Science & International Relations

11. Economics

12. Phsycology

13. Management

14. Chemistry

15. Maths

16. Physics

17. Civil Engineering

18. Philosophy

19. Mechanical Engineering

20. Animal Husbandry

21. Vetinary Science

22. Anthropolgy

23. Commerce and Accountancy

Best BOOKS:

1. CSAT

2. Gateway to successful career and powerful Memory

3. IAS PRE English Guide

List of Best Coaching Institutes of UPSC in Bangalore are listed below:

1. Malnadu Institute

2. JTS Institute

3. Innovative Coaching Centre

4. Global IAS Academy

5. JICE Success Assured

6. Vikas Coaching Classes

7. Achiever's IAS Academy

8. Sri Sai Tutorial for IAS

9. Rao's IAS Institute

10. Victory IAS Classes

Wish you all the very best........
29th July 2015, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

I am mechanical engineering student then what I have study to face IAS.
17th June 2016, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

What should a intermediate pass student do to become IPS OR IAS
28th November 2017, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

I was completed diploma DME in distance education I have work experience in mechanical field 12 years can I do upsc?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?